Quote:

Pig Iran said:
Killing and murder are two different things. You can kill someone who is going to kill you...a person can kill someone who murdered someone (eye for an eye-equal punishment for the crime).You can kill in war or battles if governments are at war. Murder is a cold blooded act that is unwarranted-murder is someone killing another for a pair of shoes.

You casually list occasions in which killing is justified such as taking an eye for an eye, killing at war. Others consider abortion justified, and in fact don't even call it killing. I don't think those reasons are valid and a lot of people in "our" side of the world feel the same way, so we already have discrepancies within western culture. In the end we're talking about reasons why taking another life can be right, which, keeping the obvious distances, is the same thing they're doing in the other side.

Quote:

the G-man said:
I didn't bother to read all that, but as near as I could tell it boiled down to "I hate Bush, so its okay that what seems like an entire religion encourages killing innocents."

Did I miss any nuance to what you wrote?

No, you forgot to mention that I hate freedom.

I'm impressed that you managed to get the subliminal anti-Bush message I included in my post. I thought I'd be on the safe side by, you know, not mentioning him, but obviously I was wrong. I can't get anything past you, you amerrrrican dog!