Mxy said:
You casually list occasions in which killing is justified such as taking an eye for an eye, killing at war. Others consider abortion justified, and in fact don't even call it killing. I don't think those reasons are valid and a lot of people in "our" side of the world feel the same way, so we already have discrepancies within western culture. In the end we're talking about reasons why taking another life can be right, which, keeping the obvious distances, is the same thing they're doing in the other side.

I am saying:
I think there is a difference between murder and killing. I cannot get any clearer than that. I am also not casually listing anything-I'm just separating myself from the argument, and trying to explain certain aspects.
I think abortion is wrong, but it's legal where I live so I pretty much just shut my mouth about the issue. Most states in the US do not follow through on the death penalty, even if the criminal was sentenced to death (and the state itself may not have a death penalty). I pretty much keep my mouth shut on that issue too.
I'm not a warmonger, Mxy. I don't think we should be in the Middle East, or Korea, or Europe, or Japan, but our troops are stationed there or fighting there. These are not my decisions, and I do not believe in the ultra nationalized/federal defense policies currently being practiced. Again, I voted but didn't vote for Bush or Kerry so I really can't say much about it other than I'm against it. I'm a Constitutionalist, and I believe in state rights and state power, and as little federal power as feasibly possible.
I do believe in an "Eye for an eye", Mxy-in the principle. The principle is that you take an eye for an eye-an equal measure. You don't take a hand off if someone steals a loaf of bread-you make them pay the person who was robbed or give the robbed compensation equal to the stolen bread. If a person kills an innocent civilian they should lose their own right to life, because they stole it from someone else. A life can only replace a life, but it doesn't mean you should take two or three in return for the one.