Quote:

the G-man said:
Also, based upon the above, it appears that anywhere from one-quarter to one-third of all Muslims may be in favor of terrorism against civilians. Even though this is a minority, it is hardly a "tiny" one. I would certainly be comfortable guessing that its a much higher percentage then, say, the percentage of Christians who favor bombing abortion clinics (to use one oft-overused counter example).

ok, so there are a lot of muslims who support or agree with killing civilians. there are a lot of christians who get blood thirsty in terms of what they support too.
but how many muslims out of that group are actually killers?
my whole point is that i refuse to condemn ALL members of any race or religion for the actions of others in that group.
While my personal views of muslims come from knowing liberal American muslims and discussing world events with them, so maybe I don't truly know what a foreign muslim is thinking, i will always have the outlook that not all people are bad. I will always feel that people have it within themselves to be decent and I will always feel that everyone ultimately just wants to have peace and safety for their family. Even terrorists see what they're doing as fighting off foreign invaders, of course they become monsters in doing so. But if I were to agree with you and condemn muslims because their are muslim terrorists, shouldn't i hate all christians because george w. bush has killed hundreds of thousands in his "crusade" to bring "god's freedom?"
I think religion in general is flawed, i think religion is a backward leftover from primitive humanity that needed to explain where the sun goes at night and why earthquakes happen, and i think religion (all religion) is used as a crutch and as an excuse to do aweful things. If you watch the Beatles Anthology they have a section during the "bigger than jesus" that shows a Klansman talking to a reporter about how his "terror organization" will not let jesus be insulted. But not all christians are like that, not all christians shoot abortion doctors.

Quote:

So, when up to one third of a religion, including many of its leaders supports terrorism against civilians, is it completely unfair to challenge its status as a "Religion of Peace"TM?

I never called it that, did I? If I did it was an error on my part. I think Bush actually said that. Judeo-Christian religions are all kind of nasty and bloody. From the Crusades to circumcision.
But there are always good people speaking softly amongst the crowds of shouting idiots.
I just won't get on board with your angle that an entire race/religion is bad.

Bow ties are coool.