Edwards Campaign Names Blogger in Chief

Left-wing blogger Amanda Marcotte of the vociferously anti-war web site Pandagon has been named by the John Edwards campaign as their new blogmaster.

The extent of Ms. Marcotte's responsibilities at the Edwards site, and the nature of the political operations she will be undertaking as a member of the Edwards campaign, have not yet been detailed publicly.

Here is a Marcotte blog entry from last week:

Naturally, my flight out of Atlanta has been delayed. Let's hope it takes off when they say it will so I don't miss my connecting flight home.

In the meantime, I've been sort of casually listening to CNN blaring throughout the waiting area and good fucking god is that channel pure evil. For awhile, I had to listen to how the poor dear lacrosse players at Duke are being persecuted just because they held someone down and fucked her against her will--not rape, of course, because the charges have been thrown out. Can't a few white boys sexually assault a black woman anymore without people getting all wound up about it? So unfair.

Putting aside her potentially libelous comments about the lacrosse players, is it really a good idea to be calling the major cable network that isn't Fox "pure evil"? Not exactly the way to endear oneself to CNN, I would think.

Looks like Edwards, for all his money, has once again failed to hire good help.