Quote:

the G-man said:
Edwards: Jesus Would Be 'Appalled' at U.S.

Democratic presidential hopeful John Edwards says Jesus would be appalled at how the United States has ignored the plight of the suffering, and that he believes children should have private time to pray at school.

"I think that Jesus would be disappointed in our ignoring the plight of those around us who are suffering and our focus on our own selfish short-term needs," Edwards told the site. "I think he would be appalled, actually."

Thank goodness the Democrats aren't like those bad old republicans, trying to mix church and state or anything.

Well I know a lot of christians say the same things about us ignoring the plight of the poor, and that's a fine message if it gets people helping each other.
I do oppose such religious talk from politicians, unfortunately Reagan started it by bringing the christian right in to politics so you can't really unring that bell.
I'm opposed to any form of organized school prayer. not necessarily out of contempt for the practice of prayer (a kid praying on his own is fine) but more that if there is an organized prayer than any kid that chooses to sit it out or prays to a different god will feel ostracized.

Bow ties are coool.