Quote:

Matter-eater Man said:
It was an easy question G-man. Your call of hypocrisy is based on them being the same thing. Do you think a Katrina victim would feel the same about the big bucks Rudy made off of Katrina compared to Edwards charging a speaking fee? What you claim is splitting hairs is actually a big difference to me.

I'd have to side with MEM on this. An academic institution has a different mission than a charity. Edwards, whether you agree with him politically or personally, contributed to the interest of the university, which is not to give relief to victims of a natural disaster. A charity, whose purpose is to raise funds for people/causes, spending money on a speaker is completely different from an academic institution, whose purpose is more to educate, inform, and/or spark thought, doing the same.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."