Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:I think in general neocons attack people for having any slight mis-statement or slip up, but will defend till your dying breath anne coulter who never actually takes back her purposefully venomous and rather evil statements.

Unlike Biden, Republicans aren't running Coulter for any elected office. In fact, I'm unaware of any republicans particulary enamored of the idea of her running for any in the future.

Biden, of course, is a high ranking democratic official, pondering a run for the highest office in the land. I think we should all be able to agree that we should hold our elected officials of either party to a higher standard than we hold our independent commentators.

Furthermore, if you bother to re-read recent posts in the Coulter thread, I said that I thought her comments were inappropriate. Therefore, rebutting with "oh, yeah, what about Ann Coulter" doesn't really get you that far.

In contrast, you, Ray, are the one who decided to discuss Biden, not in terms of experience, not in terms of objectives, but in terms of whether or not he has an air of dignity that you find lacking in President Bush.

Therefore, why would you object when we look at what sort of comments he makes as part of that "air"? Why would you object when we look at his comments in terms of whether they are more or less dignified that the Presidents?