Well fuck me with a broomstick!

If NO Government program works well because Bush fucked up the Defense Dept, FEMA, The State dept, The FDA and lord knows how many others, let's then dissolve the Post Office, the USDA, the Immigration agency, the Social Security Administration etc etc. Since they can't possibly do any good because we think Bush is an incompetent leader. SHIT, let's dissolve the entire Government!

Funny thing though, in Political Science I learned all about the bureaucrats and about political appointees. The bureaucrats tend to stay in their jobs thu many Administrations and are generally nonpartisan and good at their jobs while the political appointees serve at the pleasure of the President and are usually gone when he's gone.

Now a lot of the problem with our current Government have to do with the fact that they're headed by political appointees with a strong ideological agenda. it's not a question of bad Government, it's a question of bad MANAGEMENT.

It's sort of a slap in the face to many fine people who actually know what they're doing to lay this trip of ineffective Government on them. Take FEM, before Bush, it actually did a pretty decent job. Just because Bush fucked it up doesn't man I'm suddenly going to think that FEMA is a waste of money and can't do anything right and thus the money shouldn't be spent on them anymore. My thought is going to be, FIRE BROWNIE!

Same with any kids insurance program. My thoughts are going to be hire a good manager, hopefully one WITHOUT an ideological agenda or party loyalties to oversee it.

I dunoo Doctor. I remember you being a pretty level headed person. This seems like the same kind of false partisan argument G-Man would make.