Originally Posted By: whomod
Well fuck me with a broomstick!

If NO Government program works well because Bush fucked up the Defense Dept, FEMA, The State dept, The FDA and lord knows how many others, let's then dissolve the Post Office, the USDA, the Immigration agency, the Social Security Administration etc etc. Since they can't possibly do any good because we think Bush is an incompetent leader. SHIT, let's dissolve the entire Government!

Funny thing though, in Political Science I learned all about the bureaucrats and about political appointees. The bureaucrats tend to stay in their jobs thu many Administrations and are generally nonpartisan and good at their jobs while the political appointees serve at the pleasure of the President and are usually gone when he's gone.

Now a lot of the problem with our current Government have to do with the fact that they're headed by political appointees with a strong ideological agenda. it's not a question of bad Government, it's a question of bad MANAGEMENT.

It's sort of a slap in the face to many fine people who actually know what they're doing to lay this trip of ineffective Government on them. Take FEM, before Bush, it actually did a pretty decent job. Just because Bush fucked it up doesn't man I'm suddenly going to think that FEMA is a waste of money and can't do anything right and thus the money shouldn't be spent on them anymore. My thought is going to be, FIRE BROWNIE!

Same with any kids insurance program. My thoughts are going to be hire a good manager, hopefully one WITHOUT an ideological agenda or party loyalties to oversee it.

I dunoo Doctor. I remember you being a pretty level headed person. This seems like the same kind of false partisan argument G-Man would make.

I don't believe in big government at the federal level. I've always made that clear. And Presidents do affect the running of government. Bad management leads to bad government. Clinton fucked the CIA and our military, as far as I'm concerned, which led to shitty intelligence and pisspoor training of our military, which is part of our problems in Iraq. Bush fucked FEMA, according to you. What's gonna get fucked by the next president? I just don't like that much power in the hands of the federal government. It should be done closer to home where the people can better keep track of it. Like I just said, if you want to socialize healthcare, do it at the local and state level.

Also, you guys need to stop using the USPS as an example here. Though it is a government agency, it's not actually run by the government in the same way as a healthcare agency would be. It's its own entity. It receives no money from your taxes. It's totally sustained by the services that you pay for when you use them.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."