Originally Posted By: whomod
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
So this kid was covered under the current plan? Is this the very same plan that Bush isn't eliminating, cutting funding to, or in any way altering for the worse? Isn't this the same plan that he's wanting to prevent from being spread to families with higher incomes and accessibility to health care? I'm not going to bash this kid or his family, but I also don't see how trotting him out is proof that what Bush has done is evil. If that kid were to get sick today and not a year or so ago or whenever he was originally ill, he'd still be covered by the same plan.

Well, that's the point. So why was there an orchastrated effort by the right wing to try to discredit this kid and his family by alleging that they were taking advantage of this program?

Because politics are, today, influenced by mean, horrible people with no sense of morals and self righteous attitudes. That's on both sides. I don't think most Americans pay attention to them. It's the far fringes that they cater to and keep them in rotation on what passes as news shows in this country.

Originally Posted By: whomod

To try to prove that that was the Democrats goal? To spread "socialized medicine" to those who clearly 'don't need it'? Or was it just designed to shut this family up and to try to make the messengers look bad?

Michelle Malkin has taken a lead role in the attacks on the Frost family, and she’s not backing down. Today she’s blogging about “Democrat poster-child abuse, the nutroots’ pushback, and the continued campaign to silence the Right.”

Silence the Right — ooo, that’s rich. Here’s a woman with several national megaphones, including frequent gigs on Fox News, who has been leading a high tech lynch mob against some ordinary citizens who had the guts to speak up, and she’s screaming because she thinks someone is trying to silence her.

Actually, I don’t want to silence her. I want everyone in the nation to know about this little episode so they will realize what Michelle Malkin really is — scum.

People used to say, “pick on somebody your own size.” Malkin can hurl insults at politicians or other prominent media personalities all she likes, but when she tries to destroy an ordinary family just because they had the nerve to say something she doesn’t like, that’s something else entirely.

Quote:
But Michelle Malkin, one of the bloggers who have strongly criticized the Frosts, insisted Republicans should hold their ground and not pull punches.

“The bottom line here is that this family has considerable assets,” Ms. Malkin wrote in an e-mail message. “Maryland’s S-chip program does not means-test. The refusal to do assets tests on federal health insurance programs is why federal entitlements are exploding and government keeps expanding. If Republicans don’t have the guts to hold the line, they deserve to lose their seats.”

If you can stand it, take a look at Malkin’s post and the above (previously posted) NY Times article quote and note that throughout she has “corrected” means-tested to asset-tested. Apparently Malkin had said the Maryland S-CHIP program does not have means-tested eligibility requirements, when in fact it does. So now she’s howling about asset testing, which I assume means that because the Frost’s have some home equity they shouldn’t be eligible for S-CHIP.

I don't care (or even know) about her or Coulter or Pat Buchanan or the people from PETA and ELF. And, face it, G-man's not going to admit that her argument is sad and pathetic. Either way, it has nothing to do with the topic at hand. All it is is yet another diversion from the real issue and a way to just try and lay blame and duck what's really supposed to be about.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."