Originally Posted By: whomod
And I have to disagree, but when the dialouge gets diverted to personal attack, as it ALWAYS does, (read my 1st posting on this subject), then it does become the issue. Whether we want it to be so or not.

Yeah, it's a distraction from more substantive arguments about the program itself and about American health care in general. But these repeated smear tactics against ideological foes of these people do not deserve to stand unchallenged and uncommeented on. Otherwise they'll just go on and on and it'll be like giving these people license to swiftboat and steamroll anyone they happen to disagree with.

But you can't let it distract you from the real issues. Address it, but don't neglect what this is really all about. You started this mode of conversation. You posted the article and continued to harp on it without discussing the real issue. Yes, G-man took the bait and gnawed on the bone like a rabid dog; but you're the one who put it out there to begin with. Could it be because discussing the smear tactics of the far right is easier than coming up with reasons why the program should be expanded to families with the disposable incomes to pay for their own insurance policies or who more than likely, with that high of incomes, have jobs that provide those benefits for them at a reduced cost? It's all smoke and mirrors. You led the conversation away from the real issues to turn this into another "The conservatives are evil/no the liberals are evil thread". We don't need anymore of those. Trust me. We gots plenty. The people on the right who attacked this family are shitheads. The Democrats who trotted out this kid to garner sympathy and launch a campaign of false insinuation against the President and his reasoning for vetoing the bill are shitheads too. None of that affects the real issue at hand.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."