Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man
nice doomsday scenarios and cynicism. despite the fact that it does work in other forms and we can adapt and adjust as needed. it's better than nothing. and it can be shaped into something that helps a lot of people.

It's how things are in the US right now. It's not inconceivable or even an inflation to believe that it may occur at a higher rate. Why are there so many lawyers in the US (more than there are possibly needed)? Because people can make a shitload of money as one. Those who don't either become ambulance chasers or change careers. I think the best way to have government insurance that is adaptable and better suited to individuals is to do it (yes, I'll say it again) at the state and local levels.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."