Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
WB has pointed out Dems & certain actions that he agrees with but it's all chalked up to being exceptions to Dems being the bad guys in general. An insulting generalization IMHO.

Democrats per se are not evil. But the 1960's-forward/marxist-based liberalism that dominates the party, is evil.

There are good individuals in a generally bad system.

And I've also admonished what I see as the globalist/anti-american bad elements that have infected the Republican party as well. I've repeatedly said I have problems with both parties, but that in pragmatic terms of their overall actions, the Republicans are the less destructive to America.

In ideological terms, I'm a Goldwater/Reagan/Buchanan Republican. And if the Republicans were true to this ideal, I would support them 100%. But in the real world of compromised ideals, I'm a swing voter who has no loyalty to what the Republican party has become, and that's why I have voted for Perot, Buchanan, and Nader, and would vote for Dodd, Biden, Lieberman, Nunn, or (when he was alive) Lloyd Bentsen, if the Democrats had given me these palatable alternatives. Another I'd vote for is Democrat Senator (and Reagan-era assistant Secretary of Defense) James Webb.

Again: Democrats as a whole are not evil, just those who resort to evil tactics, who have infected the Democratic party. And there are certainly a number of Republicans I hold to the same standard.