Originally Posted By: Halo82
 Originally Posted By: WB bloviated
Oh, the irony...

The guy who couldn't write a literate sentence to save his life, has the audacity to call anyone else stupid.

If you weren't so prone to insults and personal attacks, I probably would just answer your points. But you're so consistently in-your-face and obnoxious, I won't reward your bad behavior.

You post illiterate shit that often doesn't even make sense, and then say idiot crap like "I won" or "I beat you". Who are you kidding? Dumbass.

Of course a shallow idiot like you would think I'm talking about something as trivial as literary shit.

Or your just desperate for an argument so you revert back to your favorite red herring of exaggerating on my bad spelling/grammar.

No, that's just what you like to allege, every time I make you look like the idiot you are.

Originally Posted By: WB summized
I'll make you a bet: that Halo is this nerdy guy with no confidence, who desperately is trying to convince himself that he is capable. Why else would someone try so hard to prove himself against anonymous adversaries in a political discussion.

Believe it or not I don't have to try all that hard in these discussions. You idiots usually shoot yourselves in the foot with your contradictions, distortions, and exaggerations.

What you offer is 90% insults, and factless statements about how anyone who disagrees with your very emotional and opinionated views is an idiot.

Once in a blue moon, you offer something resembling a logical argument, and on those occasions, I take the time to answer your points. And on a few rare occasions, we both actually agree.
If you would dispense with all the cocky in-your-face bullshit, these discussions would be more pleasant, and more productive.

So there goes that theory. One to try[sic] another, Freud? Actually that's a bad comparison since Freud wouldn't try so hard to come up with a negative diagnosis since "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar".

I'd like to point out that this is the first time I've offered a psychological analysis of you. In retaliation for the many times you've ad-hominemed me with a slanderous projection of the psychological basis for my views.

I might add, your recurring use of psychological terms, and your general unbalanced tendency for online tantrums, speaks of a guy who has spent considerable time in therapy. And could clearly use a lot more.

(Again: you opened that door.)

I've explained to you several times now why I'm so passionatly against this kind of right wing sophistry. I've known Marines who have died and/or had there life fucked with for the sake of this idiotic war and callous cocksuckers like you and Sammitch don't fucking care as long as you get what you want which is bragging rights about how great your country is.

I've met quite a few Marines who are enraged and disheartened by the Left-wing sophistry.

I'm far from "heartless" and certainly am not without criticism of W. Bush, or of Clinton, or of Bush Sr., or even of Reagan for that matter.

As usual, you're too busy trying to paint me to fit the blanket stereotype of whatever you see as the ultimate hated-right-wing-whipping-boy to actually listen to what I've said.
As I've said repeatedly in many posts, while ideologically my heart and soul is Republican, I've had many disappointments with the Republicans in the last 20 years, to the point that I only voted for a Republican president in 1988 and 2004, and even then only as the perceived best of bad options. I'm not a flag-bearer for W. Bush, but I do feel you (and Whomod, and Ray, and several other liberals here) give a fee pass to the Democrats, who are arguably just as responsible for the Iraq War, just as responsible for 9-11, just as responsible for Bin Ladin's rise, just as responsible for not capturing Bin Ladin, just as responsible for the housing bubble, just as responsible for Abramoff, just as responsible for gridlock on legislation, just as responsible for pork spending, out-of-control immigration, deficit spending, and on and on.
But you assholes act like the Democrats walk on water and have all the answers, and heap all the blame on Republicans.

I have repeatedly in the last 6 years on these boards written laundry lists of what Bush and other Republicans are doing wrong. I don't ever heap all the blame on Democrats --even though I do think liberal ideology is more destructive to our culture and sovereignty, I've said repeatedly that the Republican actions have not been true to conservative ideology and they've pandered to Democrat excesses to remain in power. Something I've frequently referred to as bipartisan treason.

So I don't know where you get off labelling me as "one of THOSE people", when I'm clearly not goose-stepping to the W. Bush band.

I support some actions of Bush, and constructively criticize his mistakes. New York Times columnist and liberal Tom Friedman has advocated pretty much the same view I have, on many points, specifically: If we're going to be in Iraq, we should use enough troops to do the job right. And at each turn over the last few years, while we failed to have the troop strength needed (under Rumsfeld), we always had the ability to move in the needed forces to finish the job right.

I supported getting rid of Rumsfeld. And at the point he was replaced, and the "Surge" began, things in Iraq turned in our favor.

But the liberals (including you, the self-proclaimed partisan "slayer of conservatives") still whine "failure, failure, failure, pull out", even when things have turned in our favor.

I don't doubt there are marines who'd like to pull out and go home, but quite a few I've seen intervied, and their families, see the necessity of what we're doing in Iraq, and don't want them pulled out prematurely before the job is done, which would truly make the four-plus years of sacrifice in Iraq end up being for nothing.

Originally Posted By: WB
I'd like to point out that every one of these so-called discussions, you guys solicit escalating it to the the most bitter of exchanges.
If you respectfully made your case and limited yourselves to the facts, without being cocky in-your-face assholes, I would return the courtesy. You can see how I treat other liberals who are more civil here, like Beardguy, Chant --who I actually like, despite our divergent views!-- and others, who I may disagree with, but who don't resort to the very personal ad hominem attacks you do.

I'd like to point out your a broken and hypocritical record. You've givin as good as you've gotten. Most of the time you start the insults when somebody reveals your reasoning to be wrong.

You can't possibly reveal me or anyone as wrong by indulging in insults and personal attacks, as you relentlessly do. There aren't enough facts in what you say to prove anything, other than you're being an infantile and highly opinionated jerk.

I've made every effort to be civil. It took quite a bit of your relentless antagonism to get me to fire back. But when you continuously don't play by the rules, indulge in relentless ad hominem attacks and insults, and relentlessly solicit a backlash, don't even fucking try to call me or anyone else hypocritical.