RKMBs
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/buzz-log-batmobile-replicas.html
 Quote:
DC Comics has officially licensed Fiberglass Freaks to re-create, down to the flame throwers (working, natch), the futuristic car that the Caped Crusader drove in the 1960s TV series.

For $150,000, you too could keep Gotham City safe. Or at least look really, really cool while sitting in traffic.

Each car frame is built around a 1970s Lincoln Town Car. And only eight of these hand-crafted beauties roll off the factory floor each year. Company founder Mark Racop has been perfecting the design pretty much his entire life, way before he got the official go-ahead. According to his website, the Batmobile-obsessive fell in love with the car from the show at the tender age of two.

The cars are road-ready and come equipped with a GM 350 crate engine, Radir wheels with custom bat spinners, and a paint job only a superhero wanna-be could love. And need we mention the bat-wing shaped tail fins? This car gives new meaning to joy ride.

And because these wheels are pimped up, the 1966 Batmobile also comes equipped with some very 2010 additions: a DVD player with LCD screen in the dash (to play re-runs of the series, obviously) and a high-end stereo to blast the "Batman" theme song.
Hell, I want one of those! \:lol\: Awesome!
Play re-runs of the tv series on DVD?
So, are they advocating piracy then, seeing as it still hasnt been officially released?
\:lol\: Damn, I didn't catch that!
Posted By: Rob Re: This is for Rob. Because he likes Batman. lol - 2010-09-30 6:13 PM
i also like nintendo!! \:lol\:captainsammitch\:lol\:

... but... actually, yeah, those cars are pretty fucking aweshome. and 150k, although insane for a car, doesn't seem like all that bad of a price for a working, fire-spewing batmobile.
I hope it comes with a free butler.
Just a young boy in tights.
Rob just placed his order.
\:lol\:
 Quote:
DC Comics has officially licensed Fiberglass Freaks to re-create, down to the flame throwers (working, natch), the futuristic car that the Caped Crusader drove in the 1960s TV series...

I'm a little surprised that DC was able to do that without Fox's permission. I thought the main reason the TV wasn't on DVD was because of some weird copyright issue in which DC owned the characters (natch) but Fox owned the designs that were specific to the TV show. I also seem to recall reading that was supposedly why: (a) DC Direct tended to shy away from toys and props that looked too much like the ones from the TV show; and (b) Mike Allred couldn't use the "Adam West" Batman drawing for that issue of "Solo."
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
 Quote:
DC Comics has officially licensed Fiberglass Freaks to re-create, down to the flame throwers (working, natch), the futuristic car that the Caped Crusader drove in the 1960s TV series...

I'm a little surprised that DC was able to do that without Fox's permission. I thought the main reason the TV wasn't on DVD was because of some weird copyright issue in which DC owned the characters (natch) but Fox owned the designs that were specific to the TV show. I also seem to recall reading that was supposedly why: (a) DC Direct tended to shy away from toys and props that looked too much like the ones from the TV show; and (b) Mike Allred couldn't use the "Adam West" Batman drawing for that issue of "Solo."

Considering the Hotwheels models do not reference Fox at all in the trademark details, but do mention both DC and WB, I'd assume the only thing Fox holds the rights to is the actual tv footage rather than any likeness.
I'm also sure they have use the Adam West likeness in Batman comics before as I am sure he appeared in an issue during Zero hour, where there were multiple versions of Batman including the tv show and DKR variations among others.
 Originally Posted By: Nöwheremän
I'm also sure they have use the Adam West likeness in Batman comics before ...

True. But for some reason I thought they couldn't use the image on covers, sort of like how they have to use "Shazam" on the cover, but can use "Capt. Marvel" in the actual stories.
Posted By: Grimm Re: This is for Rob. Because he likes Batman. lol - 2010-09-30 10:14 PM
but he did use the Adam West art for Solo. it was one of the covers.
 Originally Posted By: Rob Kamphausen
i also like nintendo!! \:lol\:captainsammitch\:lol\:

lololololyankeeslololhoganlololol
Sammitch, change your avatar!
Change yours!
Fuck off!
 Originally Posted By: Grimm

No. It was supposed to be, it was originally promoted as the cover, but DC put the kibosh on it.
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus

holyfuckwhatiswrongwithit?!?
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch

holyfuckwhatiswrongwithit?!?

You've had it longer than a week.
Longer than TWO weeks, stranger.

And very good Phil. I approve.

IT'S A TRAP!
that's what it says at the bottom, just in french. and really tiny. I forget where I found this image - I think encyclopedia dramatica.
I liked the Jake avatar the best.

Probably because Jake reminded me of Yellow Cherry Blossom, or whatever her name was...
oh her! took me a second. \:lol\:
She said it didn't last that long..........
HEY-YO!
I still got it bay-bay!
I stil got "it", too...cuz I cant' get ride of it.

-sneaky bunny
The mistakes were inspired.

I miss Shannon. She's only about two hours away from me. But, alas, we've never met. I'm afraid if I met she would have to fuck me. And I love my wife too much for that. She'll just have to fantasize and finger. \:\(
And not to mention, I'm hanging out with my college buddies/real friends...
Real what?

-Snarf
I'm also sure they have use the Adam West likeness in Batman comics before ...

True. But for some reason I thought they couldn't use the image on covers, sort of like how they have to use "Shazam" on the cover, but can use "Capt. Marvel" in the actual stories.

That's trademark issue not a copyright issue.
All of you issues look the same to me.

No. It was supposed to be, it was originally promoted as the cover, but DC put the kibosh on it.

no, they didn't. it was for sale as one of the covers. I've seen it on several occasions.
he's old and senile, leave him be.
The news stand outside traffic court didn't carry it.
 Originally Posted By: Irwin Schwab
he's old and senile, leave him be.

okay, you can change his depends.

no, they didn't. it was for sale as one of the covers. I've seen it on several occasions.

For some reason Allred did another cover with Wonder Girl doing the Batusi. I thought it was because the The Bat-Man cover was recalled, but it must be something else because G-man is always wrong because he is an arse rapist.
 Quote:
FROM WIKIPEDIA:
A solicited cover by Mike Allred for issue #7 of Solo—a 2005 DC Comics series—featured Batman doing the Batusi. The cover, based on Adam West and a memorably campy episode of the TV series, was replaced by the time of Solo #7's release. Allred explains that the cover was pulled by "higher ups" for reasons largely unknown.[10] Speculation over the reasons first intimated that potential infringement of rights were the issue, but this was soon replaced with suggestions that its "campy" nature was the real factor in its removal. At the time of the issue's release, DVDs of Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, and Batman Begins were also being promoted, and DC's chief editor Dan Didio reportedly does not like camp.
 Quote:
FROM WIKIPEDIA:
DC's chief editor Dan Didio reportedly does not like camp.

This was also around the time Rob was removed as the DCMB moderator.
Posted By: Grimm Re: This is for Rob. Because he likes Batman. lol - 2010-10-01 11:18 PM
 Originally Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk

For some reason Allred did another cover with Wonder Girl doing the Batusi. I thought it was because the The Bat-Man cover was recalled, but it must be something else because G-man is always wrong because he is an arse rapist.

he did do a Wonder Girl cover. both were released, despite Wikipedia and G-Man.
 Quote:
FROM WIKIPEDIA:
DC's chief editor Dan Didio reportedly does not like camp.

This was also around the time Rob was removed as the DCMB moderator.

Rob was removed?!
Posted By: Rob Re: This is for Rob. Because he likes Batman. lol - 2010-10-02 12:03 AM
according to the insurgency archives, i believe i then became the anti-antimonitor.

it's on the internet.
it must be true
© RKMBs