Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
OP Offline
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
I remeber seeing a special on HBO about him many years ago...

One of his prophecies referenced a prince in the middle east that would bring about World War III...in the 80's and 90's, it was thought that this may have been referencing Quadaffi or Saddam. Now it looks like you could fit bin Laden into that scenario.

I can't say I believe that Nostradamus could see the future...mostly it was just a vague series of coincidences that could be interpreted to fit a certain situation. That's the case now.

But, I have to admit, I find it a little spooky.....

THE Franta
3000+ posts
THE Franta
3000+ posts
I recieved this in my email
"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, two brothers torn apart
by chaos, while the fortress endures, the
great leader will succumb. The third big war will begin when the big city
is burning on the 11th day of the 9 month that...two metalbirds would crash
into two tall statues in the new city and the world will end soon after" -
Nostradamus 1654- The flights that were Highjacked were from United and
AA, they were numbered as follows

11, 93, 175, and 77
11 = Tuesday
9+3 = 12 = Wednesday
1+7+5 = 13 = Thursday
7+7 = 14 = Friday

So far no more tragedy.

[ 09-13-2001: Message edited by: Franta ]

2500+ posts
2500+ posts
A lot of Nostradamus's stuff turned out to be crap, but some of it strikes an eerie chord with history. If I remember correctly from the Orson Welles biography of Nostradamus, it was supposed to be a young prince who wore a blue turban that set off WWIII. The problem with most of Nostradamus's predictions is, is that they tend to be vague and easily open to interpretation...

As far as the two brothers comment goes, that could be interpreted to be about Saddam Hussain's two sons who apparently have been going through some kind of power struggle over the last few years as to who will "Inhererit the Kingdom." With reports circulating over the past year or so of Hussain's health supposedly failing (I think the rumour is that he has cancer), this could be possible right now. Plus last weeks very low key bombing flights over southern Iraq could have set this off. Who knows? Most evidence so far has pointed to Osama bin Laden, but it's a well known fact that most of the terrorism work that he does is actually done on a "for hire" basis for other people. It will be interesting in the days ahead to find out what's really going on and exactly how deep and complex this is...

Ill Mac
300+ posts
Ill Mac
300+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Franta:
I recieved this in my email [i]
"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, two brothers torn apart
by chaos, while the fortress endures, the
great leader will succumb. The third big war will begin when the big city
is burning on the 11th day of the 9 month that...two metalbirds would crash
into two tall statues in the new city and the world will end soon after" -
Nostradamus 1654- The flights that were Highjacked were from United and
AA, they were numbered as follows

Actually, that was proven to be false. Nost. didn't say that. Just a hoax.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
There is a post on the ODCUT about this by kid_flash. It's titled something like "I hope this doesn't scare you!" A poster Spectre something came on immediately after I replied and provided a link showing how these predictions are crap!

THE Franta
3000+ posts
THE Franta
3000+ posts
Not to mention the fact, that even if it were true, maybe some wacked out terrorist decided to make a self fulfilling prophecy, in order to add an even larger fear factor.

Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
OP Offline
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Posted at Lycos News:

quote:
Did Nostradamus Really Predict New York Attack?
by Geert De Clercq

Thursday, September 13, 2001 8:57 a.m. EDT

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Internet chat rooms are abuzz with talk that 16th century French astrologer Nostradamus forecast the attack on the World Trade Center in New York.

Thousands of people have received e-mails containing this prophecy, often with a second part forecasting that the attack on the twin towers will mark the beginning of World War III.

Several versions are doing the rounds. This is one of them:

"In the year of the new century and nine months

From the sky will come a great King of Terror

The sky will burn at forty-five degrees

Fire approaches the new city."

The text corresponds roughly to a verse in Nostradamus's Century (section) Six, Quatrain 97. Several books on Nostradamus have speculated that this quatrain's first line refers to September 2001, the ninth month in the first year of the new century, while the 45 degrees is interpreted as the latitude of the city of New York.

But New York lies just below 41 degrees latitude and Nostradamus's verse does not mention a great war, contrary to what several e-mails say. In many e-mails, the verse comes with a second part, which seems harder to link to Nostradamus:

"In the city of York there will be a great collapse

Two twin brothers torn apart by chaos

While the fortress falls the great leader will succumb

Third big war will begin when the big city is burning."

HOAXSTRADAMUS?

"(This second quatrain) is NOT by Nostradamus," read a statement on www.nostradamus-repository.org, a Web site for Nostradamus study.

Hoax or not, various versions of the verse are being forwarded by the thousands every day.

"Initially, I was really skeptical, but I went to the web to look up something on (Nostradamus). Some prophecies have come true," Agnes Ng, a 23-year old Singaporean accountancy student, told Reuters Thursday.

She received one of the prophecies in an e-mail from a friend. Before forwarding the message to her contacts, she posted a copy on Usenet newsgroup alt.prophecies.nostradamus. The e-mail she received was even more specific, forecasting that:

"The big war will begin when the big city is burning

on the 11th day of the 9th month that...

two metal birds would crash into two tall statues

in the new city and the world will end soon after."

One of the newsgroup contributors who goes by the e-mail moniker of "Justaguy" said this was a fake.

"It has been posted ad nauseam," he said.

Nostradamus prophecies surface after nearly every major news event. False or real, they struck a chord in Singapore.

Bookstore salespeople told Reuters there had been strong demand for books on Nostradamus since Tuesday's attacks.

Copyright © 2001 Reuters Limited.

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
please note:

nostradamus was a guy.

he said a lotta shit. some came "true," most did not. you never hear about what he said that didnt happen, because its not news worthy.

and, most of what he did say was relatively vague.

"a star will fall over the city of bright lights"

whats this mean?

an asteroid over chicago? kenneth star trips by photographers? the rockafellar center christmas tree star ornament breaks during christmas? julia roberts jumps off a skyscraped?

anything can be read from them. if any of the millions of things from this come true, all of a sudden, he's a genious.

whats worse, is when the stories are paraphrased, hundreds of times over (read: the internet) so that it sounds more and more like something that just happened.

so please, read NOTHING into these.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
i wonder if nostradamus predicted a impotent lawyer needing a message board to feel like he had some control in his life?

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
I think there was something about lawyers versus internet gods, but I always assumed it was about Dave vs. Basams '01...

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:
i wonder if nostradamus predicted a impotent lawyer needing a message board to feel like he had some control in his life?

he called him Hister.

Bow ties are coool.

Link Copied to Clipboard