Next Thread
Print Thread
Rob Offline OP
cobra kai
15000+ posts
OP Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
not necessarily just in terms of "the president" ... the US has been privy to MANY great leaders, ranging from president, all the way down to regular citizen.

the 60s seem, specifically, prolific, with jfk, martin luther king jr, rfk, etc. we've also had a multitude of more popular presidents, washington, jefferson, lincoln, even reagan.

who is your personal favorite?

and, better yet... are there any CURRENT "great leaders"? arguments have been made, and printed, that in america, and in general, we've "run out" of great leaders... is this true?

25+ posts
25+ posts
I shall respond in serial installments, starting with presidents, who are the easiest.

Best U.S. Presidents (in alphabetical order)
Grover Cleveland
Abraham Lincoln
Franklin D. Roosevelt
George Washington

Worst U.S. Presidents (again, alphabetically)
James Buchanan
Calvin Coolidge
Ulysses S. Grant
Warren G. Harding
Ronald Reagan

Rob Offline OP
cobra kai
15000+ posts
OP Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
guess that was the last installment

i just saw some clips of "13 days," the jfk movie yesterday. and, i gotta say, i really think that he was a great president.

he was only in office for 3 years or so, and yet, there was SO much he had to deal with! the race to the moon, racial riots, the soviet empire, cuban missle crisis, his father dying, becoming a father himself...

thats some tremendous pressure!! and yet, he handled everything as great as he could have -- quite impressive.

abe lincoln, george washington, thomas jefferson, etc... more and more is coming out on them that they might not be the greatest people around, being wife beaters, slave traders, etc... washington was actually a pretty crappy general for most of his career -- was nearly demoted hours before his christmas day invasion.

ben franklin seemed more like the "everyday" type. he was a genius, first off, creating and inventing most of his life. he was a philosoph, battling with his words more elloquently than most with their guns. he was a politician better than most country leaders, almost single handedly turning the french on the british... i think he'd also be a great nomination for this "award"

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
This is how you bsams. Pay attention whomod.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.

Link Copied to Clipboard