Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
I didn't accuse you of anything. I stated my opinion about a hypothetical situation.

As for why, just about every thread in this forum is why. Like I said, this is what this forum has become. With everybody.

To be honest, I focused only on you, when I shouldn't have. In truth my frustration is generally with all this forum. Perhaps I need a break from message boards.

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.
[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
10000+ posts

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Animal....man....spiders?...bugs?

I'm bugging somebody?

I'm being bugged?!? The room's bugged! Damn the Patriot Act!

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
You got the middle one right, but you're way off.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
see...man...ticks

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
what does this have to do with semen?

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

The Time Trust said:
You got the middle one right, but you're way off.

Well, the fact that you changed the first one didn't help.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
Semen suckers.

Ticks do suck blood right?

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
semen + suck? I don't like where this is going.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
25+ posts
25+ posts
Eisenhower does back Kerry.

Your alt ID knows your deepest secrets and evil desires.
whomod Offline OP
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Quote:

In a rare public announcement, Eisenhower said he switched his party affiliation from Republican to independent after 50 years after losing confidence in his former party. He said Kerry has demonstrated courage, competence and a concern for tackling the "widening socio-economic gap in this country."

Quote:

"There are times when we must break with the past, and I believe this is one of them,"

Quote:

"The fact is that today's 'Republican' Party is one with which I am totally unfamiliar. To me, the word 'Republican' has always been synonymous with the word 'responsibility,' which has meant limiting our governmental obligations to those we can afford in human and financial terms.

"Today's whopping budget deficit of some $440 billion does not meet that criterion," Eisenhower wrote.

Eisenhower, a former U.S. ambassador to Belgium and author, was a registered Republican for 50 years — until the Bush administration's decision to invade Iraq "as a maverick," he wrote.

Quote:

"Recent developments indicate that the current Republican Party leadership has confused confident leadership with hubris and arrogance," he wrote.

Eisenhower scolded the Republican leadership for embracing a tax code that "heads us in the direction of a society of very rich and very poor."

Quote:

"Senator Kerry, in whom I am willing to place my trust, has demonstrated that he is courageous, sober, competent, and concerned with fighting the dangers associated with the widening socio-economic gap in this country," he concluded.

Again. Points. He made some. He's a lifelong Republican, like Buchanan who has voiced almost identical criticisms. Is this a case of true Republicans taking a hard look at the neoconservatives? Are many (so-called) Republicans putting party loyalty over the core convictions of the Republican Party. Are their values and beleifs shifting to wherever and whatever ideology the neocons take them?

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Yea, I don't think anyone denyied that he "made points" were they good points? Sure, whomod, I think I'll vote for Kerry now because the former Embasadore to Belgium has changed his party affiliation, because he was anti-war from the very beginning.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I think what he's asking for is for you, G-Man, and the rest to actually debate/speak of/examine/and/or talk about the points he made. I think he's wanting some intellectual discussion on the subject, instead of just "[INSERT NAME HERE] supports Kerry, and/or, is Anti-Bush, and therefore is a meaningless, ignorant tard."

That's what I'm getting from it, anyway....

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
I don't believe any one said he was an ignorant tard because he was anti Bush. I don't want to rehash why I'm for the war vs. just because someone brings up the fact that Eisenhower says he's against it. As far as the issues go, I think he's wrong. If Whomod wants to debate the war he can start a thread to do so.

Edit: i didn't acctually read wich posrtions of the article that whomod re quoted, so I realise at the time you're reading this that it wasn't about the war, but my point stands.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Again. Points. He made some. He's a lifelong Republican, like Buchanan who has voiced almost identical criticisms. Is this a case of true Republicans taking a hard look at the neoconservatives? Are many (so-called) Republicans putting party loyalty over the core convictions of the Republican Party. Are their values and beleifs shifting to wherever and whatever ideology the neocons take them?

I'm confused, are you saying that you would support the Republicans more if Buchanan hadn't left? Do you agree with Buchanan? And quoteing Buchanan regarding the neo-cons suggests that you agree with his deffinition of the term (which is the more anti-semetic one).

whomod Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:

I'm confused, are you saying that you would support the Republicans more if Buchanan hadn't left? Do you agree with Buchanan? And quoteing Buchanan regarding the neo-cons suggests that you agree with his deffinition of the term (which is the more anti-semetic one).

I agree more with Buchanan, not to mention McCain, and even Barry Goldwater more than I beleive this Administration of neoconservative RINO'S (to toss back that old chesnut that the far right is leveling at any Republican who dares to disagree with them).

You know, the Republicans aern't always and absolutely wrong and the Democrats always and absolutely right (and vice versa of course). Despite what Sean Hannity preaches. I agree with fiscal responsibity and balanced budgets. I agree with cutting Govt. waste among other "Republican" positions. I certainly agree with Buchanan's position on Iraq which is a hell of a lot more well thought out than the PNAC's. I was a Republican at the dawn of my political awareness. There are core beleifs I didn't simply discard y'know.

I just don't agree with the way this party has become almost a religious cult where everything is set in stone and absolute (except when they go against their own beleifs and run record defecits, then that doesn't matter and is OK) and everything else is wrong wrong WRONG and to be persecuted as if the universe depended on neocon domaniance to bring order to the galaxy....

So please.....stop trying for the cheap shot of anti-semetism, wbam. I found it low when you did it the 1st time to someone in another thread and it's just as low now.

I actually agree and support the state of Isreal a hell of a lot more than the Palestinians. Not to say they don't have legitamite grievances. IMO they blew it nonethless with their terror tactics and unyeilding mindset of being absolutely certain of the legitamacy of their grievances above and beyond any negotiation. There could have been another King or Ghandi, not to mention a Palestine, to come out of the Gaza Strip if only for fanaticism and violence.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

I agree more with Buchanan, not to mention McCain, and even Barry Goldwater more than I beleive this Administration of neoconservative RINO'S (to toss back that old chesnut that the far right is leveling at any Republican who dares to disagree with them).

That would be like me saying I agree with Kusinich, Leiberman and Dean. They're Buchannon is extreme right McCain is a hawk in the war and Goldwatter is a solid old scool conservitive. You're running the whole gambit. Your being contrary at the expence of being consitant. Allow me to demonstrate.

Quote:

So please.....stop trying for the cheap shot of anti-semetism, wbam. I found it low when you did it the 1st time to someone in another thread and it's just as low now.

I actually agree and support the state of Isreal a hell of a lot more than the Palestinians. Not to say they don't have legitamite grievances. IMO they blew it nonethless with their terror tactics and unyeilding mindset of being absolutely certain of the legitamacy of their grievances above and beyond any negotiation. There could have been another King or Ghandi, not to mention a Palestine, to come out of the Gaza Strip if only for fanaticism and violence.

You can say it's low all you want, but why not asses if it's true. I sincerly don't believe you're an anti-semite, but you site Buchanan when you use the term neocon, I'm just showing you how little you acctually know about him. When Buchanan uses the term neocon, he's refering to THE JEWS and those under the control of THE JEWS, so when you say Buchanan is right about the neocons you're ACCIDENTLY making an anti-semetic statement. I realise you like Buchanan, because he doen't like the Bushies, but I suggest you stick to what you know. You're a liberal and a good one at that, but I don't think you want to alie yourself with the fringe right anymore than I want to.

Oh hey by the way have you heard about the fair tax? It will radically change the way we're taxed in America. I wonder what you think about it? (see signature)

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
whomod, to paraphrase "the Princess Bride," you keep using the word "neocon," but I don't think you know what it means.

You seem to think that "neocon" is some shorthand for "ultra conservative" or "warmongering conservative."

It's not.

"Neo," the Matrix films notwithstanding, means "new" or "recent."

"Neocon," short for "neoconservative," was originally coined to refer to a group of baby boomers in government and elsewhere, former democrats, who were "new" or "recent" conservatives, having formerly been democrats/liberals. Quite often, one of the bases for their conversion to conservatism was their support for Israel, which was based on the fact they were Jewish.

Furthermore, this whole "Bush is being led by the neocons" argument was advanced by Pat Buchanan as his way of arguing that a group of Jewish conservatives were leading the President down the path of war in the middle east because of their fealty to Israel.

Buchanan, you might recall, was also the guy who kept arguing that the Nazi death camp guards who were tried for war crimes got a raw deal.

He left the GOP a number of years ago, and hooked up with one of those fringe parties, and most of us were happy to see him go.

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I'm actually starting to feel sorry for poor whomod.

Godd grief, what a clown.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

MisterJLA said:
I'm actually starting to feel sorry for poor whomod.

Godd grief, what a clown.

Lay off will, ya? He's been having a rough month and it'll only get worse. November's gonna be really hard on the little guy and we should try to be here for him if he needs a shoulder to cry on come Nov 4th.

1 post
1 post
Nothing a little dance from your local dancing naner couldn't fix

I am here to dance at your behest to ease tensions and make the boards a better place
whomod Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
WBAM. I agree with some things from all 3 conservatives. That doesn't mean I agree with ALL things from the 3 guys I mentioned.

And yeah G-Man, I'll admit that Buchanan may indeed have anit-semetic feelings when he uses the phrase neocons. That doesn't negate the fact that word "neoconservatives" is pretty much in the political and journalistic mainstream now. And that usage has nothing do do with Buchanan's anti-semetism. I doubt you'd accuse every major media outlet of anti-semetism when they use the word, would you?

And yeah, the PNAC neocons I beleive do have bias towards Isreal. I think our current foreign policy shows this to be fact. I however don't think it's because a lot of the PNAC are jews themselves.

As far as the fair tax. I haven't read enough (if anything) about it to comment one way or another on it.

JLA>> Can you do nothing but wag your tail and growl for your buddies??

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

And yeah G-Man, I'll admit that Buchanan may indeed have anit-semetic feelings when he uses the phrase neocons. That doesn't negate the fact that word "neoconservatives" is pretty much in the political and journalistic mainstream now.

I agree, my point was that in the post I responded to, you were refering to Pat when using the term neocon, therefore pouring his meaning into the term. I accept however your stated intentions in using the term. As far as what the term has evolved to mean. New conservitives or former liberals. I am a proud neocon in both respects.

As far as the fair tax goes there's a good description in a thread somewhere around here (see signature). You should see what's said in that thread and if you see any problems or any wholes you should challenge them in that thread.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

whomod said:

JLA>> Can you do nothing but wag your tail and growl for your buddies??

You just don't get it as usual.

You're hands down the funniest poster here (although I doubt that's what you're striving for). How could I growl when I'm too busy laughing?

Wag my tail? I mock you out more than they do.

You forgot to add one of these---> to show us that you're laughing, and not having another meltdown.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
= I'm crying on the inside

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard