Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
100+ posts
100+ posts
uhm back on Toppic.
Lil is a pretty bright person from my expecrience adn I actually agree witrh lots of stuff he says. I am not sure who gets banned fer what how often but to be frank....nomater how much I like and respect Lil he goes off-Toppic pretty fast and often.
I do the same at times and got my share of warning and suspended board times. I ALLWAYS understood it after a friendly exchange via email to get clear what happened. Sometimes you just get "carried away" while debatting. I understand Rob has to keep us from doing that. The DCMB is an official MB after all and kids at all ages end up there.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
I always wondered what Rob thought of "Steve Checkmate" and "Blissful Dancing Fat Kid" threads. Yes, they're about comics but not REALLY about comics.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Fragman:
uhm back on Toppic.
Lil is a pretty bright person from my expecrience adn I actually agree witrh lots of stuff he says. I am not sure who gets banned fer what how often but to be frank....nomater how much I like and respect Lil he goes off-Toppic pretty fast and often.
I do the same at times and got my share of warning and suspended board times. I ALLWAYS understood it after a friendly exchange via email to get clear what happened. Sometimes you just get "carried away" while debatting. I understand Rob has to keep us from doing that. The DCMB is an official MB after all and kids at all ages end up there.

Lil got his ass kicked here and hasnt been seen since....

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
quote:
uhm back on Toppic.

They walk alike! They talk alike! Sometimes they even post alike! They have lost their minds when posters are Jack the Lil Death!

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Theres a lil bit of Jack in all of us.
Well actually thats not true,actually he`d like a lil bit of Jack in all of us!
I`ll leave the rest to your imagination!

100+ posts
100+ posts
IF you asume I am Lildeath thats far from the truth. I am just me and except when I post with my RL name I dont have any other alias then Fragman.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
quote:
IF you asume I am Lildeath thats far from the truth. I am just me and except when I post with my RL name I dont have any other alias then Fragman.

I'm not saying you're lildeath. I'm saying you two share the same pattern of not posting on topic. Hence my use of the classic opening theme song of the Patty Duke Show. You see, Patty had this identical cousin from England. Though they were two seperate people with some different views, they acted a whole lot alike causing confusion and hijinks that were fun for the whole family.

100+ posts
100+ posts
I dont know that show. Do I act like Lil? Dunno. I never got banned....so good for me some things seeme to be different....well I DID get my accoutn suspended fro some time..... [nyah hah]

Oh and I think Lil`s grammar doesnt suck quite as bad as mine.

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
lil is just an overall interesting fellow.

and, i dunno, i guess he's pretty damn brave.

it must be scary as hell living in a world where everything is a conspiracy, from the president of the US all the way down to an internet message board on comic books.

i know i wouldn't be able to last there.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Lord only knows what his Rice Krispies are saying.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
You`re all jealous cause the voices are talking to him!

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by thedoctor:
Lord only knows what his Rice Krispies are saying.

"Snap, Crackle, Fuck Him".

500+ posts
500+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Dave the Wonder Boy:
I can vouch for the fact that I've been warned many times by Rob on the DC boards, and was banned in January of 2003 for 1 week.

I think the only reason I haven't been banned more often is because when Rob warns me, I usually back way off, until 3 or 4 months later when Mondo Joe X, Prometheus X, whomod, heffalump, NotSuper, OMEGA MAN, Mirrorball Man, patchwork, and the like start laying into me with personal remarks, and I feel obligated to respond.

It's reached a point on the DC boards where if it's not directed at me personally, 19 times out of 20 I'll read the topic and not respond. Because whatever I write, if it's heavily political, the entire topic will almost always be deleted from the DC boards within 2 or 3 days anyway, so why bother?

But it's often frustrated me that the above listed posters can say what they say, and not be suspended or banned.
But Rob doesn't disclose that info to anyone but the poster him/her self.

So Rob may have banned them, and I just don't know about it. But for all I see and know, they just go on and on insulting myself and others without suspension or interruption.

And so often I've seen posts and pointed them out to Rob, and he says:
"Well, I just don't think it's that bad.."
or:
"I don't think it quite rises to the level",
or often he says:
"well, I just don't see that he's doing anything that you're not doing too, so if I ban him, I'd have to warn/ban you too."

Much to my frustration.

Because when some schmuck calls my Phillipine girlfriend a "mail-order bride" or that I "can't handle American women", or similar imflammatory remarks, I definitely think it DOES rise to the level, that it IS that bad, and that they force me to respond to something that should be deleted, but there it sits.
And then I get warned for just responding to this nonsense.???!???

I like Rob, and I generally agree with the way he handles the DC boards, and he's very open to discussing any areas of dispute you e-mail him about.
And I understand that no two of us will agree 100% on where the line is drawn on what is acceptable or unacceptable posts. It's a judgement call.

I think Dave (a.k.a. Typhoid Dave, Dark Typhoid Dave, etc.) demonstrates well how someone can post liberal views and not be banned.

Because T-Dave is respectful and not slanderous or personally insulting in the way he presents his views.

I think--and certainly hope-- that I present my conservative views with a similar lack of rancor. I can be a little hot-tempered when I've been misrepresented or insulted, but endeavor to be polite, often even when I've been provoked.
Although I've certainly had my ill-tempered moments, most of which are preserved in the Grant Morrison topics. Clearly provoked.

I enjoy reading T-Dave's views, and those of many others whose views are to the left of mine. I generally find it informative to read liberal views, and see issues from the fresh perspective of a view very different from my own.

T-Dave, I can certainly be passionate in expressing my own perspective, and certainly hope that's never mistaken for a lack of respect for your views. I greatly enjoy reading what you have to say.

And Lildeath as well at times, although his tone has changed in the last year or so. But I love his posts to the ODCUT "Superhero Sex" topics, which were tremendous fun.

To a large degree I enjoy the posts of other self-stated liberals as well, such as whomod, Steven Utley, and at times even Mondo Joe X, and others, who at other times I've clashed with.

I actually feel like the DC Boards are overwhelmingly liberal, because for example, you can post whatever you want on the DC boards about how Bush "stole" the 2000 election from Gore, etc., virtually unchallenged.
But anyone who posts an opinion favoring conservatives or Christianity gets shouted down from all sides, and the topic is driven to a level of rancor that it gets deleted. I believe some of the more bitter ODCUT liberals do this purposefully.

Whereas there are many gay discussions on the DC boards, and they don't get deleted, because conservatives don't pursue gay topics until they get deleted.

Some sample topics where liberalism and personal insult rules on the Other DC Universe Topics boards (while they last) :

"Why do you hate ULTIMATE Marvel?"
http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/files/Forum94/HTML/014783.html

"Ah, the brilliance that is Grant Morrison..."
http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/files/Forum94/HTML/011014.html

"Pretentious: where to draw the line"
http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/files/Forum94/HTML/011024.html

"I've heard Byrne, Miller, Moore are now hacks..."
http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/files/Forum94/HTML/011060.html

"Wheezergeezers and Whippersnappers"
http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/files/Forum94/HTML/012284.html

"Morrison's grand plans for the DCU"
http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/files/Forum94/HTML/014959.html

Plus many others that have been deleted.

Many of these have lasted as long as they have because I let them go without posts, forgotten, for several months until things cool down.

The flame-wars seem to happen in waves, every few months. And on other DC sections I find the level of rancor much lower, where more political discussions can be discussed without getting as bitter as they do in the ODCUT section.

I think that being deleted or banned is not so much about discussing political issues at all, as the WAY it is discussed. Most of the topics above, and other deleted ones are not so much banned due to discussing politics at all, but because of the LACK OF CIVILITY, and the personally insulting inflammatory way with which it is discussed.

OMEGA MAN here. Believe me, I have been warned (and banned) many times in the past--- and I deserved every one of 'em, too, because I am one big-time off-Topic motherfucker, YO! ;-) I actually deserved MORE bannings than I actually got, but despite what Jack was bleating about earlier ol' Rob is actually as lenient as he can possibly be on the DC messageboards. He really is just doing his job, and a damn fine one if you ask me. In fact, I really should have just started posting over here (where I can be as off-topic and moronic as I want) sooner and made BOTH of our lives easier... ;-)

Dave: I thought you had already figured out by now that I've just been busting your balls all these months. Really, nothing personal, bro--- I just like rattling your cage from time to time because you're so darn cute when you're angry.

The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
Or you could go the traditional route and bake Robbie cookies, give him lots of money *bribary* or find him a girlyfriend [nyah hah] Not that I would ever resort to these measures [wink] I've never ever had a problem with good ol' robbie bout anythin! I wonder why [nyah hah]

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
because you're a right-wing, christrian, straight, cunty white girl, of course!

The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
Yeah that and I'm a big Robbie webmaster lovin fan ;P Are you doing the webmaster thing still part time or did DC finally realize your talent and hire you on full time?

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
its never been a question of talent, but a question of salary -- i can't afford to work at dc. they're notoriously low payers.

i was offered a webmaster job of sorts just outta college, and would have absolutely loved it (any time i go in there, i have a great time), however... the salary was real low AND i woulda had to pay big commuting fees into nyc (i was living with my folks at the time, a 90 minute train ride), AND i woulda been unable to have my MB moderator job (due to some wacky "no two roles" dc policy).

in terms of both shits and giggles (or... perhaps just the giggles), it woulda been a dream job.

but, i'd also still be living at home

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
We like having you as an almighty message board god, Rob. [biiiig grin]

Your boards now blow away what's left of the DC boards.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
I haven't been to the old... new boards since they opened.

oh and I just have to gloat..... I mean say, I've never once been warned or banned from the old boards. Thank you so much! [nyah hah] [biiiig grin]

500+ posts
500+ posts
Is there a trend here? No females have been banned? Maybe we should crank up the cranky.

Fuck off!
500+ posts
Fuck off!
500+ posts
Oh how wrong you are,THE number one female was banned!
All hail ButterRican!

500+ posts
500+ posts
Foolish, foolish Howdy. Butter Rican is a MAN, baby! [whaaaa!]

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Quote:

because you're a right-wing, christrian, straight, cunty white girl, of course!

Then why did you ban Mxy so often?

Quote:

Jack B Everywhere said:
Captain Savage" was banned after TWO posts on the same day -- that's gotta be a record of some kind

Nope. I had a "Rob Kaufampshen" ID that got banned before I even used it once. Gob must've had a lot of respect for me, just anticipating I'd do something spectacularly awful...

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Just the thought of anyone respecting Velo is laughable!

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Not when the person giving me respect is one with no dignity such as Rob or Mister GayLA.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Heh. I love this thread. Just for the very beginning. Ol' Lil Jack Death is one consistent guy.

Oh, and Rob. He does make a few good points. I mean, I just noticed the other day that you didn't know I was Conservative before I was banned and you prolly assumed I wasn't cuz' I didn't say, so I came to the conclusion that you banned me cuz' o that.

Also cuz' I hate Jeph Loeb.

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Fragman said:

Oh and I think Lil`s grammar doesnt suck quite as bad as mine.

Ain't that the truth...

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
and thats how it ended.

giant picture
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Dammit Rob!! You're not BSAMS!

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
or am i...

giant picture
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Well....You did manage to chase off L'il Death--Albeit through totally different means than BSAMS.

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Lest We Forget.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Sex Offender Since 1978
3000+ posts
Ahhh This thread sucks. I want my money back

I brew beer now. Brewing beer is cool.

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Present your receipt ,fill. out all the necessary paperwork and you should get most of your money back in 1-12 weeks.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
But the offices are closed Monday, so give or take two business days.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matt Kennedy
quote:
Originally posted by Dave the Wonder Boy:
I can vouch for the fact that I've been warned many times by Rob on the DC boards, and was banned in January of 2003 for 1 week.

I think the only reason I haven't been banned more often is because when Rob warns me, I usually back way off, until 3 or 4 months later when Mondo Joe X, Prometheus X, whomod, heffalump, NotSuper, OMEGA MAN, Mirrorball Man, patchwork, and the like start laying into me with personal remarks, and I feel obligated to respond.

It's reached a point on the DC boards where if it's not directed at me personally, 19 times out of 20 I'll read the topic and not respond. Because whatever I write, if it's heavily political, the entire topic will almost always be deleted from the DC boards within 2 or 3 days anyway, so why bother?

But it's often frustrated me that the above listed posters can say what they say, and not be suspended or banned.
But Rob doesn't disclose that info to anyone but the poster him/her self.

So Rob may have banned them, and I just don't know about it. But for all I see and know, they just go on and on insulting myself and others without suspension or interruption.

And so often I've seen posts and pointed them out to Rob, and he says:
"Well, I just don't think it's that bad.."
or:
"I don't think it quite rises to the level",
or often he says:
"well, I just don't see that he's doing anything that you're not doing too, so if I ban him, I'd have to warn/ban you too."

Much to my frustration.

Because when some schmuck calls my Phillipine girlfriend a "mail-order bride" or that I "can't handle American women", or similar imflammatory remarks, I definitely think it DOES rise to the level, that it IS that bad, and that they force me to respond to something that should be deleted, but there it sits.
And then I get warned for just responding to this nonsense.???!???

I like Rob, and I generally agree with the way he handles the DC boards, and he's very open to discussing any areas of dispute you e-mail him about.
And I understand that no two of us will agree 100% on where the line is drawn on what is acceptable or unacceptable posts. It's a judgement call.

I think Dave (a.k.a. Typhoid Dave, Dark Typhoid Dave, etc.) demonstrates well how someone can post liberal views and not be banned.

Because T-Dave is respectful and not slanderous or personally insulting in the way he presents his views.

I think--and certainly hope-- that I present my conservative views with a similar lack of rancor. I can be a little hot-tempered when I've been misrepresented or insulted, but endeavor to be polite, often even when I've been provoked.
Although I've certainly had my ill-tempered moments, most of which are preserved in the Grant Morrison topics. Clearly provoked.

I enjoy reading T-Dave's views, and those of many others whose views are to the left of mine. I generally find it informative to read liberal views, and see issues from the fresh perspective of a view very different from my own.

T-Dave, I can certainly be passionate in expressing my own perspective, and certainly hope that's never mistaken for a lack of respect for your views. I greatly enjoy reading what you have to say.

And Lildeath as well at times, although his tone has changed in the last year or so. But I love his posts to the ODCUT "Superhero Sex" topics, which were tremendous fun.

To a large degree I enjoy the posts of other self-stated liberals as well, such as whomod, Steven Utley, and at times even Mondo Joe X, and others, who at other times I've clashed with.

I actually feel like the DC Boards are overwhelmingly liberal, because for example, you can post whatever you want on the DC boards about how Bush "stole" the 2000 election from Gore, etc., virtually unchallenged.
But anyone who posts an opinion favoring conservatives or Christianity gets shouted down from all sides, and the topic is driven to a level of rancor that it gets deleted. I believe some of the more bitter ODCUT liberals do this purposefully.

Whereas there are many gay discussions on the DC boards, and they don't get deleted, because conservatives don't pursue gay topics until they get deleted.

Some sample topics where liberalism and personal insult rules on the Other DC Universe Topics boards (while they last) :

"Why do you hate ULTIMATE Marvel?"
http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/files/Forum94/HTML/014783.html

"Ah, the brilliance that is Grant Morrison..."
http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/files/Forum94/HTML/011014.html

"Pretentious: where to draw the line"
http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/files/Forum94/HTML/011024.html

"I've heard Byrne, Miller, Moore are now hacks..."
http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/files/Forum94/HTML/011060.html

"Wheezergeezers and Whippersnappers"
http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/files/Forum94/HTML/012284.html

"Morrison's grand plans for the DCU"
http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/files/Forum94/HTML/014959.html

Plus many others that have been deleted.

Many of these have lasted as long as they have because I let them go without posts, forgotten, for several months until things cool down.

The flame-wars seem to happen in waves, every few months. And on other DC sections I find the level of rancor much lower, where more political discussions can be discussed without getting as bitter as they do in the ODCUT section.

I think that being deleted or banned is not so much about discussing political issues at all, as the WAY it is discussed. Most of the topics above, and other deleted ones are not so much banned due to discussing politics at all, but because of the LACK OF CIVILITY, and the personally insulting inflammatory way with which it is discussed.

OMEGA MAN here. Believe me, I have been warned (and banned) many times in the past--- and I deserved every one of 'em, too, because I am one big-time off-Topic motherfucker, YO! ;-) I actually deserved MORE bannings than I actually got, but despite what Jack was bleating about earlier ol' Rob is actually as lenient as he can possibly be on the DC messageboards. He really is just doing his job, and a damn fine one if you ask me. In fact, I really should have just started posting over here (where I can be as off-topic and moronic as I want) sooner and made BOTH of our lives easier... ;-)

Dave: I thought you had already figured out by now that I've just been busting your balls all these months. Really, nothing personal, bro--- I just like rattling your cage from time to time because you're so darn cute when you're angry.

You tell 'em, Pariah Carey!

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
the Offline
Ignored by 3 users and 2 moderators
4000+ posts
Ignored by 3 users and 2 moderators
4000+ posts
Prometheus User ∂³∑x²?
15000+ posts Wed Jan 02 2008 07:24 PM Reading a post
Forum: Random Chat - sponsored by PJP
Thread: Kamphausen's banning policies?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Wow. 2003. I didn't realize I had brought Doc and Grimm in that early. Time flies.

Oh and I got mentioned by Dave the Wonderbread! He even used my Christian name! Ha!

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
this is the FIRST EVER APPEARANCE of lil death, and the first clash between lil death and bsams.

foil cover!

giant picture
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Wow, this thread needs to be printed and bagged and boarded, too!

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard