Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Just got the 3DVD set from the USA as its not available here & I forgot how good this cartoon was!
While people talk about the Simpsons & South Park as inovators in the animation field,I think Ren & Stimpy is an overlooked classic!

Apparently the next 3DVD box set is due out next month entitled Season three & a half!

I will look forward to that as well!

The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
Is this the sweet version or adult version? I loooooooooooved R&S back in high school but on Adult Swim it was downright raunchy!

希望の戦士
2000+ posts
Online Innocent
希望の戦士
2000+ posts
I agree. The show used to be more fun and clever back in the Nickelodeon days, and I (plus two other people) were disappointed. The characterization is different, the show is grosser and more pointless, and the show is now rated MA. Now I see why John K. was fired by Nickelodeon way back in the early 90s. He should have just made a new cartoon from scratch with new characters, instead of using Ren & Stimpy's names to get people to watch it, especially since it's disrespectful to old fans like myself that used to use lines from the show very often...

There is no version of this where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes, and maybe it’s too much for us, but it’s all on you. Because if we can’t protect the Earth, you can be damn well sure we’ll avenge it.

Hello?
Put Natasha on the phone.
Who is this?
This is her fucking son's father. Who is this?
This is her fucking son.
..........oh.......
Call back in 20 minutes. *click*

Boy, you could get lost in a sky like that. I wish I had those balloons again.

unmarked zebra
few posts
unmarked zebra
few posts
Quote:

McGurk said:
I agree. The show used to be more fun and clever back in the Nickelodeon days, and I (plus two other people) were disappointed. The characterization is different, the show is grosser and more pointless, and the show is now rated MA. Now I see why John K. was fired by Nickelodeon way back in the early 90s. He should have just made a new cartoon from scratch with new characters, instead of using Ren & Stimpy's names to get people to watch it, especially since it's disrespectful to old fans like myself that used to use lines from the show very often...

The new Spike TV run? Hmmmmm....

No sir, I didn't like it.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
When was Ren & Stimpy not gross?
It was always violent & gross!

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
That shit was too sick even for me.

And I sat through every volume of Faces of Death without even flinching!!

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
You worry me sometimes!

Link Copied to Clipboard