Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
Youve got your mamas style but youre yesterdays child to me

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
Batwoman #677158 2006-05-28 3:59 AM
living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Quote:

Batwoman said:
Nice buddy. I myself went to a cheaper first run theater so the 9:00 (pm) show only cost me 7.50, vs 9 or whatever the regular multiplexes are charging these days.

I spent the entire movie trying to spot the characters and I couldn't figure out who was supposed to be who, even when my friend asked. Same friend who spotted Stan Lee and has only read a handfull of Xmen comics.

Because my comic books are in long boxes in the basement and in serious need of organization, what was Calisto's powers, if anything at all? I don't remember her having powers. Also if they had given her an eye patch I would have known it was her.

Same goes for Psylocke. I didn't recognize her, although looking back on it there was a Morlock with purple hair that I spent I don't know how long trying to figure out who it was. I also don't remember her saying anything about her powers.

As I've said I have minor niggles about the movie, mostly geek stuff. But I agree with whoever it was that said it before, they should have left the characters the way they are in the comics. As in if they're good guys, leave them as good guys, not turn them into bad guys to add to the numbers.

and yes, we needed more fleshing of characters and could have gone with less of them. I also wish we had actually seen Sentinles in this one. BUT if Trask has anything to say about it, hopefully we'll have a Sentinel in the next movie.

the asian girl with purple hair is psylocke. the hispanic woman with the large breasts is callisto.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Quote:

Wednesday said:
Because of this post--because Animalman left content--I'll go see the movie.

Animalman's good review will make millions of people see this movie, leaving X-Men 2 far behind in box office numbers. Because of this, the studio will decide that they should make more mediocre movies, because they sell well, and any well made movie in production will be inmediately shut down to be replaced by giant plot holes passing for actual films.

Oh, I'm glad you're not bitter anymore, Ani.

Grimm #677160 2006-05-28 4:39 AM
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

Grimm said:
Quote:

Batwoman said:
Nice buddy. I myself went to a cheaper first run theater so the 9:00 (pm) show only cost me 7.50, vs 9 or whatever the regular multiplexes are charging these days.

I spent the entire movie trying to spot the characters and I couldn't figure out who was supposed to be who, even when my friend asked. Same friend who spotted Stan Lee and has only read a handfull of Xmen comics.

Because my comic books are in long boxes in the basement and in serious need of organization, what was Calisto's powers, if anything at all? I don't remember her having powers. Also if they had given her an eye patch I would have known it was her.

Same goes for Psylocke. I didn't recognize her, although looking back on it there was a Morlock with purple hair that I spent I don't know how long trying to figure out who it was. I also don't remember her saying anything about her powers.

As I've said I have minor niggles about the movie, mostly geek stuff. But I agree with whoever it was that said it before, they should have left the characters the way they are in the comics. As in if they're good guys, leave them as good guys, not turn them into bad guys to add to the numbers.

and yes, we needed more fleshing of characters and could have gone with less of them. I also wish we had actually seen Sentinles in this one. BUT if Trask has anything to say about it, hopefully we'll have a Sentinel in the next movie.

the asian girl with purple hair is psylocke. the hispanic woman with the large breasts is callisto.

Yeah I've since found out just by talking about it and seeing interviews with some of the cast on CLTV New's Metromix show. I went to imdb to see who else was in it and saw Omega Red was supposidly there.

It's interesting to see the list of characters that were in it, now the trick is spotting them the next time we see this.

It's a rented tux ok? I'm not going comando in another man's fatigues.
Batwoman #677161 2006-05-28 3:04 PM
Eat Me
500+ posts
Eat Me
500+ posts
Quote:

Batwoman said:
OK so did anyone else spot Gambit? A friend of mine on LJ spotted him. I didn't.

I didn't catch him, but I think I saw Layla Miller. She knows stuff.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

Im Not Mister Mxypltk said:
Animalman's good review will make millions of people see this movie, leaving X-Men 2 far behind in box office numbers. Because of this, the studio will decide that they should make more mediocre movies, because they sell well, and any well made movie in production will be inmediately shut down to be replaced by giant plot holes passing for actual films.

This is worse than that time I said Police Academy deserved a couple of sequels.

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.
Animalman #677163 2006-05-28 5:36 PM
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:
Quote:

This is worse than that time I said Police Academy deserved a couple of sequels.

This is the Batman Forever of the franchise. It had enough decent elements to make it enjoyable and a big success (Batman Forever far outsold Batman Returns), but no one seems to care that this is the writer of the XXX films and the director of Charlie's Angels. Next film will have spandex costumes and puns galore.

Points of discontent:
1. Full ice-body Iceman. It looked bad and cheesy.
2. pretty much no story. It felt like a series of empty scenes. where was the cool wolverine from the last 2 films?
3. Killing Xavier and Cyclops. It was kind of pointless and destroys the foundation of the X-men. You can have one die, but not both. Its too much and you give Patrick Stewart a better death scene.
4. Ian Mckellan's acting was terrible. This is Ian Mckellan for god sakes! He can do better unless he's given shitty scripts and direction.
5. Too many mutants with no characterization. We had a nice Iceman/Pyro bit in X2. This one has Angel, Kitty, and Beast. They get introduction scenes and one action scene and that's it. Bullshit.

Things I liked:
1. Famke Jansen is hot and gives me an erection.
2. Anna Paquin is hot and gives me an erection.
3. The Kitty Pryde chick is cute but has a Lolita vibe so I won't admit to an erection publically.

Bow ties are coool.
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
r3x has been listening to The Who.

Eat Me
500+ posts
Eat Me
500+ posts
I keep reading that this is the last movie, probably because of contracts and scheduling difficulties. Why not continue the movies, but expand on the characters? If so and so isn't available to play this or that character, use a diff character!!! Good grief, there are enough x-men!!! A revolving cast cast using diff x-men would be cool, and we'd all get to see our fav x-men in the movies. There is only so much of Wolverine and Halle Barry that I can stomach before I want to just slap the writers! Nowhere is it written that to have an x-men movie you have to have Wolverine.

Furthermore, wouldn't it have been cool if Storm had actually been in the movies? I'm not sure who Halle was playing, but it sure wasn't Storm.

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
Quote:

Ariel AKA Warp said:
Nowhere is it written that to have an x-men movie you have to have Wolverine.

I'm surprised he isn't in EVERY Marvel movie. He's in every Marvel book.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Quote:

Ariel AKA Warp said:
I keep reading that this is the last movie, probably because of contracts and scheduling difficulties. Why not continue the movies, but expand on the characters?

They are doing that. There is a Wolverine and Magneto movie planned.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I saw X 3 just a few hours ago...loved it!! I will NOT give anything away. I did love the action, thought the story was a bit strained..and the movie had a not quite "right" feel to it..that something special that had made X 2 a great movie was not present, though I liked it a lot.

I won't campare the three movies. I enjoyed each for what they were.

And I did spot Stan Lee in the movie..he was in it early on, and only for about 6 seconds.

I have heard that there WILL indeed be an X 4....

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

Beardguy57 #677169 2006-05-29 12:28 AM
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
I've heard that this will be the last film in the trilogy, but not necessarily the last X-film. I think that's why they're bringing in characters like Angel, Beast, and Kitty and phasing out characters like Xavier, Magneto, Cyclops, Mystique, and Jean (due to contracts expiring, etc.).

I think Stewart and McKellen would actually be likely to reprise their roles in later films, as would Jackman. Berry, probably not... and probably not Paquin either (sadly).

There is definitely potential for more X-films... the question is whether or not there will be a demand.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
I too heard something about this being the lasat of the trilogy. I think it was yesterday on CLTV they made a comment about it being the last of the trilogy in terms of its quality or something.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Chewy Walrus said:

I think Stewart and McKellen would actually be likely to reprise their roles in later films, as would Jackman. Berry, probably not... and probably not Paquin either (sadly).

if she says she won't do another, then this will mark her third "last" x-men movie.

Bow ties are coool.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Just saw the movie...thought it was good. Yes it could have been better for all the reasons that have been listed but I thought it succeeded as a decent comic book film. Another 25 minutes or 30 minutes would have done wonders for the plot. We could have had more Angel, Rogue's cure on-screen rather then off-screen. I will see it again and buy the dvd when it is made available. I would have liked to have the confrontation between Bobby and Pyro extended. That boy needs a much bigger butt whipping than the one he got! My favorite line was Kitty's dickhead comment. Guess she spends too much free time on message boards. I stayed until the credits had rolled and saw the final scene. I do think that was a stupid place to have it though. It should have been the last scene before the credits rolled. My take on it? Onslaught! Next movie the X-Men will be confronting Xavier instead of Jean. I also think Scott's off camera death means he may not actually be dead. Maybe Jean stuck him in the lake in her place? Who knows?

-----once over and twice twisted---------
Batwoman #677173 2006-05-29 3:13 PM
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Chewy Walrus said:
I've heard that this will be the last film in the trilogy...

Quote:

Batwoman said:
I too heard something about this being the lasat of the trilogy...

Acctually, according to the most reliable sources it appears they allready have plans to make a fouth and that that film will defy convention by officially being the last movie in the trilogy.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

Chewy Walrus said:

Quote:

Batwoman said:

Acctually, according to the most reliable sources it appears they allready have plans to make a fouth and that that film will defy convention by officially being the last movie in the trilogy.

Patrick Stewart says future movies depend on how well the box office is and, not accounting for quality, this one is already outperforming X2

Bow ties are coool.
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/2006/01/fox_confirms_xmen_4.html

I need BSAMS to confirm that link is official before I can click on it.

Bow ties are coool.
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
I need BSAMS

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
I need BSAMS

anyone can edit a post to look gay, hell g-man does it all the time.

Bow ties are coool.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

Chewy Walrus said:

Quote:

Batwoman said:

Patrick Stewart says future movies depend on how well the box office is and, not accounting for quality, this one is already outperforming X2

This trilogy goes to 4.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Liked it but it had a bit to much going on that left me wanting more. The Jean Grey/Cyclops bit was too dark IMHO.

Fair play!
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
I don't know, as soon as she told him to take off his glasses I immediatly pictured that scene in the comic books on top of the bluf where they did that.

Also when Logan and Storm got there later on, and all the tihngs were floating around, reminded me of the part in FF after Jean breaks free of the caccoon and you see Sue wake up after hitting the ceiling. She went downstairs to find a very confused Jean using her tk to cause basically everything in the building that wasn't tied down, to float aorund.

How classic was the bit with Kitty phasing through the walls of Alkatraz? I geeked out at that moment, enjoying it way too much.

Last edited by Batwoman; 2006-05-30 3:40 AM.

3000+ posts
3000+ posts
spoiler heavy

things I was happy to see:

Fully Iced Iceman
Fastball Special
A Sentinel (kinda)
Beast (fuck y'all he was perfect)
Another Berserker Rage
Magneto's Roadkill Destruction Derby
Colossus in Steel Form in Any Scene

missed opportunities:

Emma Frost casted and not used (hopin for a sequel appearance)
Was that bitch even Psylocke? (Dont even put her in if she isnt wearing her ninja-slut costume)
Phoenix and no effect sequence with an actual phoenix
A Sentinel scene without an actual full sentinel
no Colossus/Juggs fight
misdirected resources given to those no-name Actors/Villains

I agree that its a film with missed potentials and flaws, that bein said it did give me some nice moments to geek out over seein the X-Gang on screen again

Fused #677183 2006-05-30 3:56 AM
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Fused, I agree with all the above..plus, they missed the opportunity for little bits of character development..there were no scenes in the kitchen, no one laying back and watching TV, no homework scenes..these things were in X 2 and they helped make the movie..those quiet scenes balanced out the higly active fight scenes.

life." - Tuvok.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Quote:

Chewy Walrus said:

Quote:

Batwoman said:

This trilogy goes to 4.

wouldn't it be a quadrilogy.

Bow ties are coool.
Ill Mac
300+ posts
Ill Mac
300+ posts
I enjoyed the movie. It was entertaining....BUT:

It seemed to know that it had no "real" story. It had no "real" lead caracter. So it made up for it with story halting CG sequences.

------------
Here is my impression of X-Men III...

"So WHO is Leech? How can a mutant's power be turned into a vaccine?"

Ummmmm.....EXPLOSIONS!!!! EXPLOSION!!!!

"Huh? What did I ask? I can't remember, but oh.....those explosions sure look cool!"

"Why did she kill Cyclops? Why not Wolverine? Where did Rogue go, I thought she was a main character? Where' s Nightcrawler? Why is Ice Man hitting on a 12 year old girl? Why is Juggernaut's helmet made out of grey stone? WHO IS LEECH!?!?"

EXPLOSIONS EXPLOSIONS EXPLOSIONS!!

"What did I ask again? Hmm...y'know those explosions REALLY do look cool..."

"What was this movie about? Jean Grey going mad and threatening the planet? The cure for the X-Factor? The development of lesser characters into full on X-Men?"

The answer to this qestion:

I have no idea, BUT HERE'S ANOTHER TOTALY RAD EXPLOSION TO DISTRACT YOU!!

The end.
----------------
They obviously had a major budget problem, but I think it was more of an allocation issues. For instance, "We need more money to pay Halle Berry! Lets steal the cash from make up, and cut everyone else's screen time down to 5 minutes."

I think the money was there, but they used in for the wrong purpose. No one who WASN'T GOING TO SEE IT ANYWAY was going to go see X-Men because Halle Berry was in it. She should have had a 5 minute scene and 2 lines like the first movie.

It was just an action movie. This is easily seen by the fact that they BLEW through character development and explanations but spent a 15 minute CG sequence on just the killing Professor X.

I'll say that it was still VERY entertaining action movie. It is fair to say that the movie could have been much worse. BUT it could have been MUCH MUCH better.

Its probably about where the 1st one was in my eyes. The second film was VERY good, IMHO and this one doesn't come close.

Last edited by Illegal Machine; 2006-05-30 5:02 AM.

"to ill mac - not unlike bbvl, your appreciation for naked or near-naked hot wimmins astounds me. if i ever provide an incomplete hot girl of the week review, you're always there to step up to the plate, and provide my needy fans with the appropriate boob and/or butt. i could not be more proud of you."

-Gob (At 10,000 posts)
-----------
Tony Stark:
Cool Exec.
Heart of Steel.
Ill Mac
300+ posts
Ill Mac
300+ posts
I AM THE MISTERJLA!!

"to ill mac - not unlike bbvl, your appreciation for naked or near-naked hot wimmins astounds me. if i ever provide an incomplete hot girl of the week review, you're always there to step up to the plate, and provide my needy fans with the appropriate boob and/or butt. i could not be more proud of you."

-Gob (At 10,000 posts)
-----------
Tony Stark:
Cool Exec.
Heart of Steel.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
The Singer films were great. They had plot, characterization, and good fight scenes.
What a lot of director's/writers in hollywood don't get is that CGI and fighting is like a spice, you need to use just the right amount or you wind up with inedible shit.
Of course the writer for this film was the guy who wrote the XXX movies, with the Rush Hour director so I'm not surprised.

Bow ties are coool.
rex #677188 2006-05-30 2:07 PM
Eat Me
500+ posts
Eat Me
500+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
Quote:

Ariel AKA Warp said:
I keep reading that this is the last movie, probably because of contracts and scheduling difficulties. Why not continue the movies, but expand on the characters?

They are doing that. There is a Wolverine and Magneto movie planned.

By expand characters I meant to include different characters.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
X-Men 2

B-

The only things Rattner got totally right were the fight scenes and the opening sequence.

The beginning and endings of the movie...totally STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN. The next movie will be X-MEN 4: THE HUNT FOR XAVIER. When Xavier died, he should have yelled over to Wolverine: "Remember!"

Good stuff:
Beast (I thought Grammer did a typical Grammer job playing a typical Grammer character and the makeup on him was plausible, and of course "Oh my stars and garters!" I was the only one in the theater who laughed audibly at that line. Goddamn, I am old)
Angel
The fights
The opening sequence
The cure basically being tempoary (really, I thought the Cure was a cool idea)

Weak stuff:
Scott's death (no one thinks to ask back at the Masion, "Oh, where is Scott by the way?" Scott died only because Marsden was unavailable for most of the shooting.
Magneto getting the cure.
Jean's dual personality
Anna Paquin's lack of screentime (she should be pissed)
No Alan Cumming
Jean's death (should have been by suicide)

It had some good moments, and I prefer it over the first installment.

I see no reason why there can't be a 4th movie. If nothing else, Hollywood is great for milking ideas until they're dead husks.

We all wear a green carnation.
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
They never actually showed Scott dying. Sure, they insinuated he did, but there was no body. I think they did that because:

A. He was only signed for three movies and they didn't know if there'd be a fourth.

B. He was unavailable for the movie due to Superman.

C. They were trying to wrap up most of the characters stories in case there was no fourth.

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
X-Men 2

Weak stuff:

No Alan Cumming

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
X-Men 2

B-

The only things Rattner got totally right were the fight scenes and the opening sequence.

The beginning and endings of the movie...totally STAR TREK II: THE WRATH OF KHAN. The next movie will be X-MEN 4: THE HUNT FOR XAVIER. When Xavier died, he should have yelled over to Wolverine: "Remember!"

Good stuff:
Beast (I thought Grammer did a typical Grammer job playing a typical Grammer character and the makeup on him was plausible, and of course "Oh my stars and garters!" I was the only one in the theater who laughed audibly at that line. Goddamn, I am old)
Angel
The fights
The opening sequence
The cure basically being tempoary (really, I thought the Cure was a cool idea)

Weak stuff:
Scott's death (no one thinks to ask back at the Masion, "Oh, where is Scott by the way?" Scott died only because Marsden was unavailable for most of the shooting.
Magneto getting the cure.
Jean's dual personality
Anna Paquin's lack of screentime (she should be pissed)
No Alan Cumming
Jean's death (should have been by suicide)

It had some good moments, and I prefer it over the first installment.

I see no reason why there can't be a 4th movie. If nothing else, Hollywood is great for milking ideas until they're dead husks.

Paige(Husk) will be in the 4th movie!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Illegal Machine said:
I AM THE MISTERJLA!!

Call the police!

MisterJLA #677194 2006-05-31 9:19 PM
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

MisterJLA said:
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
X-Men 2

Weak stuff:

No Alan Cumming

But it's his name, I swear!

We all wear a green carnation.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
RACK JJ!

MisterJLA #677196 2006-05-31 10:45 PM
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
In the NEXT X movie, I would want to see:

Bishop - Played by Ving Rhames

Gambit - Played by ?

Jubilee - Played by?

Cannonball - Played by?

Those four ought to be in the next movie. Don't know who would be good for the other 3 roles....

life." - Tuvok.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard