Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Offline
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Here's the story behind the phenomenon of Superman, the most merchandised and imitated superhero of them all. Through interviews with the key creative talents responsible for seven decades of thrilling Superman adventures, we'll follow the Man of Steel's path from Depression-era comic book hero to George Reeves's TV portrayal in the 50s, Christopher Reeve's movies in the 70s and 80s, and the TV shows Lois and Clark and Smallville. There'll even be a sneak preview of the new film, Superman Returns, to be released this summer.

http://www.aetv.com/listings/episode_details.do?episodeid=169141

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Yeah I happened to catch it shortly after it started. Let's hear it for channel surfing.

It was intersting to see on many levels. One of which, to me at least, was seeing what the folks behind the names at DC look like. I've only met TAN and pretty much only know what about 2 other people look like.

I was bummed that they mentioned Richard Prior in Superman 3, but failed to mention who was pulling the strings, one Robert Vaughn. I didn't get the way they picked and chose what/who they talked about from the Chris Reeve movies. Almost made no sense.

So glad they included Dean Cain though. He is still hot!

It's a rented tux ok? I'm not going comando in another man's fatigues.

Link Copied to Clipboard