Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Peacock Teaser
3000+ posts
OP Offline
Peacock Teaser
3000+ posts
So, some of you know that I teach Sunday school at my church. Anyways, last week we were going over Jesus coming back from the dead and one of the girls said "that's gross." I explained that it's not like he came back as a zombie. After we had a nice little discussion about miracles and mysteries, we had snack-time.

But I was tempted to blurt something like "Gandalf came back, why can't Jesus?"

So I was inspired to make this little thread. I'm not a huge movie buff, so please, feel free to add to my list. Movies. Comics. Video games. The list of superheroes is pretty damn huge, but I'm pretty sure Superman and at least 18 Green Lanturns have come back.

Gandalf from Lord of the Rings

He died in the first movie, he came back in the second. Not to be confused with Boromir, who just died in the first movie, and got posh fashback cameos in the extended editions. I just found out from a Tolkien fan that Gandalf isn't really human, that wizards are some other species. Figures. Human got jack in the movie, unless you could bad hair and dirty skin a good thing.

Aslan from Narnia

He's a friggin' methaphor for Jesus. Of course he dies and comes back!

Seriously, I was only one in my family that had read the Narnia books before the movie came out, so while everyone else in my group was upset, I was just happily waiting for dawn.

Optimus Prime from Transformers

What the hell. So, most of you know I watched 'the robot movie' for the first time a few months back. Now, I knew perfectly well that Prime bit it, but I had no idea the robot genecide that would preceed those events, or that the normally blue-and-red robot would turn inky black and dusty. That scene actually scared me.

"You're either lying or stupid."
"I'm stupid! I'm stupid!"
Megatron and Starscream
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
I assume we are ignoring deaths of the likes of Freddie & Jason.

Well there was Ramirez in Highlander, but we prefer not to talk about that.

Buffy died in the tv series then came back, as did Angel & Spike (and that doesnt include their human deaths).

Jackie Chan & Clair Forlani both died & came back in The Medallion.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Did you tell them that Jesus was a fictional character as well?

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts

The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
Tell that to your momma Rex

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Karate Kid, Ferro Lad, and Colossal Boy all came back but that was due to a different writer and a reboot of the Legion series...

The Doom Patrol came back...

Terra ( Of Teen Titans ) came back.

Colossus came back.

Supergirl came back a few times!

They brought Lightning Lad back after he was killed around Adventure Comics issue 303, and he came back around issue 313.

They brought Peter Parker's clone back.

Jean Grey has come back so many times she's beyond dead!

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts

Ash Ketchum from Pokemon: The First Movie

Okay. Laugh all you want, but when I was in high school some friends and I decided to go see the Pokemon movie when it was in theaters. I'm not really sure why. My buddies were fans before it hit mainstream (as seemed to be the case with everything they liked), and they somehow managed to talk me into it. So I went... probably because I was bored.

Anyhow, towards the end of the movie, the main antagonist - the 'ultimate Pokemon' Mewtwo - is battling against the Pokemon he was cloned from (don't freakin' ask), Mew. And, for some reason, there're a bunch of other Poke-clones all battling each other two. Don't ask me why. Ash in a brave (not to mention retarded) move to try to stop the fighting runs out into the middle of the fighting arena... only to get blasted by blasts from Mew and Mewtwo. He dies... or turns all grey and falls over, which is probably a metaphor for death in a Japanese kids movie. I dunno.

Anyway, all the Pokemon realize what's happened and start to cry... and then their tears start glowing and flowing into Ash and all of a sudden, he sits up and is all better. I wish I were making this up, but even I'm not that imaginative.

But... yeah. There it is. My deep, dark secret. If I could take back one thing... this movie would probably be it. (Though, it was pretty satisfying giving out 'spoilers' to all the five-year-olds...)

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
They killed off The Bionic Woman in her guest appearance on The Six Million Dollar man.

Later on, they brought her back and she got her very own show!

life." - Tuvok.

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Sora in Kingdom Hearts "died" when he was turned into a Heartless, which I suppose is similar to Ash turning grey.

Oh, and let's not forget Megara in Disney's Hercules.

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

Chewy Walrus said:

Okay. Laugh all you want, but when I was in high school some friends and I decided to go see the Pokemon movie when it was in theaters. I'm not really sure why. My buddies were fans before it hit mainstream (as seemed to be the case with everything they liked), and they somehow managed to talk me into it. So I went... probably because I was bored.

Anyhow, towards the end of the movie, the main antagonist - the 'ultimate Pokemon' Mewtwo - is battling against the Pokemon he was cloned from (don't freakin' ask), Mew. And, for some reason, there're a bunch of other Poke-clones all battling each other two. Don't ask me why. Ash in a brave (not to mention retarded) move to try to stop the fighting runs out into the middle of the fighting arena... only to get blasted by blasts from Mew and Mewtwo. He dies... or turns all grey and falls over, which is probably a metaphor for death in a Japanese kids movie. I dunno.

Anyway, all the Pokemon realize what's happened and start to cry... and then their tears start glowing and flowing into Ash and all of a sudden, he sits up and is all better. I wish I were making this up, but even I'm not that imaginative.

But... yeah. There it is. My deep, dark secret. If I could take back one thing... this movie would probably be it. (Though, it was pretty satisfying giving out 'spoilers' to all the five-year-olds...)

It's a touching story. Mewtwo couldn't understand the contradictory nature of humanity: our capacity for overwhelming good and unimaginable evil. It took Ash's sacrifice and the love of his pokemon to show Mewtwo the error of his ways.

Unfortunately, Giovanni just wouldn't let him live in peace, as explored in the equally uplifting straight to video sequel, Metwo Returns.

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
Karate Kid, Ferro Lad, and Colossal Boy all came back but that was due to a different writer and a reboot of the Legion series...

Colossus came back.

They brought Lightning Lad back after he was killed around Adventure Comics issue 303, and he came back around issue 313.

You put Jean Grey in there but you leave out Superman...

Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
Public Enemy #4
4000+ posts
What about Kenny? Nobody cares about the quiet ones....

Oderint, dum metuant.

You are a god damned idiot, you know that? You ought to be smacked upside your dumb-fuck head, even after all these years. Shame on you!
-USCHI showin' some love

Don't look up here for a joke. There's one hanging over your seat.
1000+ posts
1000+ posts
I'm the big dick. No one can finish me. (see my sig for more)

JPJ to Danbey Donavan

"That never gets old."
1000+ posts
1000+ posts
And pagans are stupid.

Stupid pagans.

Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Surprised nobody mentioned Nero from The Matrix.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Animalman said:
Quote:

Chewy Walrus said:

It's a touching story. Mewtwo couldn't understand the contradictory nature of humanity: our capacity for overwhelming good and unimaginable evil. It took Ash's sacrifice and the love of his pokemon to show Mewtwo the error of his ways.

Unfortunately, Giovanni just wouldn't let him live in peace, as explored in the equally uplifting straight to video sequel, Metwo Returns.

The fact that I already knew this beforehand has always been my secret shame.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jeremy said:
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

Colossus came back.

Strictly speaking Jean was only resurrected once.
Ok, it was retrocatively changed, but the original resurections as Phoenix were not Jean Grey.

I'm not even gonna bother listing comic book rebirths as there are far too many.
Especially if you consider how many super villains have been "killed" only to return later.

Peacock Teaser
3000+ posts
OP Offline
Peacock Teaser
3000+ posts
Quote:

Wednesday said:
Surprised nobody mentioned Nero from The Matrix.

Heh. I never liked those movies.

No one from Star Wars has died and come back, right?

Megatron and Starscream
3000+ posts
3000+ posts
The whole "blue glowy" jedi thing is kind of a resurrection.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Surprised Beardguy didnt mention Spock in the Star Trek movies!

Or Doctor Who for that matter!

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
Surprised Beardguy didnt mention Spock in the Star Trek movies!

Or Doctor Who for that matter!

I thought of Spock late last night but couldn't be bothered
to post. Figured someone else would post that one, and it turns out to be someone who hates Star Trek.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Dr Who had died so many times now that he doesn't even exist anymore!

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Jeremy said:
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

Colossus came back.

Superman was mentioned in the very first post.

life." - Tuvok.

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
Quote:

Cowgirl Jack said:
So, some of you know that I teach Sunday school at my church. Anyways, last week we were going over Jesus coming back from the dead and one of the girls said "that's gross." I explained that it's not like he came back as a zombie. After we had a nice little discussion about miracles and mysteries, we had snack-time.

But I was tempted to blurt something like "Gandalf came back, why can't Jesus?"

So I was inspired to make this little thread. I'm not a huge movie buff, so please, feel free to add to my list. Movies. Comics. Video games. The list of superheroes is pretty damn huge, but I'm pretty sure Superman and at least 18 Green Lanturns have come back.

Gandalf from Lord of the Rings

He died in the first movie, he came back in the second. Not to be confused with Boromir, who just died in the first movie, and got posh fashback cameos in the extended editions. I just found out from a Tolkien fan that Gandalf isn't really human, that wizards are some other species. Figures. Human got jack in the movie, unless you could bad hair and dirty skin a good thing.

Aslan from Narnia

He's a friggin' methaphor for Jesus. Of course he dies and comes back!

Seriously, I was only one in my family that had read the Narnia books before the movie came out, so while everyone else in my group was upset, I was just happily waiting for dawn.

Optimus Prime from Transformers

What the hell. So, most of you know I watched 'the robot movie' for the first time a few months back. Now, I knew perfectly well that Prime bit it, but I had no idea the robot genecide that would preceed those events, or that the normally blue-and-red robot would turn inky black and dusty. That scene actually scared me.

life." - Tuvok.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Spock (Star Trek)

Dr. Daniel Jackson (Stargate SG-1)

Tidus (Final Fantasy X)

Peacock Teaser
3000+ posts
OP Offline
Peacock Teaser
3000+ posts
Anyone from FFVII? I didn't finish the game.

Megatron and Starscream
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Vincent was a vampire, so I guess in a way he came back to life.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
3000+ posts
3000+ posts

Link Copied to Clipboard