are people still following this show?

whaddaya think aboot season 2 so far?

Racks be to MisterJLA
Chant #885039 2007-11-06 6:20 PM
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
It's still got Jeph Loeb's taint stink on it.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53
It's still got Jeph Loeb's taint stink on it.

Grimm #885057 2007-11-06 6:46 PM
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I only watch it once in a while, if I remember.

Much more fun to watch Enterprise on Mondays...

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

=
500+ posts
=
500+ posts
I watch it sometimes. I'm not really into drawn..................................................out........................................... plot.................................................................................................................. lines

Sonhaven #885215 2007-11-07 7:56 AM
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I've watched every episode but the last, and I'll probably watch that episode sometime today.

The plot lines are just as drawn out as last season's, but without the big catch-your-breath endings, the show leaves feels slower. The whole Hiro in the Past storyline has gotten old, and so have a few other storylines.

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
i really did not like the first 5/6 episodes of the first season. but, i stayed strong, stuck to it, and eventually got into it around the time of sylar's first appearance. from that point on, the show got really good. the final few episodes were great! very addicting stuff.

so far, this season, i've seen roughly 90 minutes worth of 4 different episodes... and not really felt bad about that at all. its slow, and tedius, and, as the perkinsed one says, there's no big ending moments. there's actually no big moments. ... trutfully, there's not many moments.

it has been removed from DVR.

giant picture
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Jason E. Perkins
I've watched every episode but the last, and I'll probably watch that episode sometime today.

The plot lines are just as drawn out as last season's, but without the big catch-your-breath endings, the show leaves feels slower. The whole Hiro in the Past storyline has gotten old, and so have a few other storylines.

I agree that Hiro in the past got old fast, but it may be worth it to set up Kensei as the immortal Adam who apparently founded the Company.

Bow ties are coool.
Rob #885256 2007-11-07 12:45 PM
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Rob Kamphausen
i really did not like the first 5/6 episodes of the first season. but, i stayed strong, stuck to it, and eventually got into it around the time of sylar's first appearance. from that point on, the show got really good. the final few episodes were great! very addicting stuff.

so far, this season, i've seen roughly 90 minutes worth of 4 different episodes... and not really felt bad about that at all. its slow, and tedius, and, as the perkinsed one says, there's no big ending moments. there's actually no big moments. ... trutfully, there's not many moments.

it has been removed from DVR.

I agree with the Kamphausen here. The show had a strong first season, and now it's become a parody of itself.

Sad because there was much to like during it's first season. The episodes seemed
to be all headed somewhere. This new season seems stalled and boring. The second season seems to have become a sad memorial to the first.

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Finally saw the most recent episode. It was the best so far. Most of the loose storylines have been wrapped up, and hopefully, everything will finally kick into gear after next week's flashback episode.

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man

I agree that Hiro in the past got old fast, but it may be worth it to set up Kensei as the immortal Adam who apparently founded the Company.

Agreed that the whole past thing got tired, but I'm with Ray here - if it was all done for the set up as Adam as the founder (I didn't realize he was immortal - I just thought he had a similar power as Claire) then it will work for me. For the first time in a while I did not see the ending of an episode coming and this one had the exciting cliff hanger moment that has been missing from this season so far.

Oh, and Claire's boyfriend has "stalker" written all over him. His character annoys me.

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
For all we know, Claire is immortal too.

He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
I can't wait until this feels the effect of the Writer's Guild strike (if it lasts long).

He fixes the cable?
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

i think she is since it's the same power. i also think Linderman is alive and has the same power. like with matt's power the cellular regeneration could be something they can project which Linderman used to heal.

Bow ties are coool.
cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts

Hmmm. Good point.

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts

i think she is since it's the same power. i also think Linderman is alive and has the same power. like with matt's power the cellular regeneration could be something they can project which Linderman used to heal.

Wasn't the back of Linderman's head blown off last season? Pretty impressive (or lame) if he can come back from that.

1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: harleykwin

Wasn't the back of Linderman's head blown off last season? Pretty impressive (or lame) if he can come back from that.

well if it just an advanced version of claire's power then he could regenerate. it just seems odd to have all that build up and then kill him so quickly. i got the impression he'd be back.

Bow ties are coool.
TK-069 #885348 2007-11-07 6:49 PM
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: TK-069
I can't wait until this feels the effect of the Writer's Guild strike (if it lasts long).

they already filmed a season finale that supposed to air soon. If the strike ends soon they will call it a mid season cliff hanger.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Chant Offline OP
fudge
4000+ posts
OP Offline
fudge
4000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: harleykwin

well if it just an advanced version of claire's power then he could regenerate. it just seems odd to have all that build up and then kill him so quickly. i got the impression he'd be back.

I must admit that I too find it a bit odd, and lame, to build Lindermann up for so long and then just kill him off. I don't think he'll be back, but it was a shame that he was killed.

Racks be to MisterJLA
Chant #885419 2007-11-07 7:33 PM
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Glacier16
Episode 11 is titled 'POWERLESS' (9 is cautionary tales and 10 is called truths and consequences) the below spoilers reveal the ending of volume 2

*Look for our intro of Earth spinning (during title HEROES scene) to just abruptly stop. (due to continuation of Hiro's time freeze from the previous ep.)

*Kensei is immortal, he cannot be killed. His name will no longer be known as Kensei but ADAM MONROE. The original 12 have betrayed him in the past and Kensei/Adam will be taking revenge upon the original 12. And yes, it's still David Anders playing the Kensei/Adam part. But gone are the samurai outfits replaced by sharp looking suits.

*Peter will be helping Kensei/Adam at Primatech to get/destroy the virus. By this point, Peter has seen the future and the devastation of the virus. He has come to this particular time/place with Adam to destroy the virus. He knows it will kill pretty much everybody. What he doesnt know is Adam's true intention for the virus.
When asked by Hiro why he's helping Adam, Peter claims that Adam is his friend. And also mentions that Adam saved Nathan's life. Hiro will try to convince Peter that he was betrayed by Adam 400 yrs ago and that he will betray Peter also. Hiro is also trying to avenge his father's death since Adam's the one who killed him, along with the other older generations. Peter will argue back letting Hiro know that Kaito's the one who had Adam locked away for 30 yrs. He will mention that he was also in the same prison. Peter clearly states that he does not want to hurt Hiro.

The showdown at Primatech will mainly be between Hiro and Peter since Adam will be frozen in time. They are also not alone in this room, there are Primatech employees who'll be frozen in time during this. The swings Hiro throws will be blocked by Peter telekinetically.
When Hiro has the sword to Peter's throat, Peter will shock his sword with electricity knocking him out. Adam will shortly 'reclaim' his sword coming out of being frozen.

*Matt will 'fly.' Ofcourse with the help of Nathan to Primatech. Keep your ears perked up for a hilarious comment Matt makes once they land.

Matt will inquire to Nathan about just how dangerous Peter is. (comparing him to the Kirby Plaza incident.) Nathan informs Matt that he himself hasn't seen Peter since that night. Matt is trying to explain to Nathan that Angela gave him instructions on how to kill her own son Peter. IF NEED BE!!! Nathan won't hear any of it and basically tells Matt that he will handle Peter if he's a problem. Hiro will join in with Nathan and Matt.

*Peter is opening the vaults, straining himself, even bleeding from his nose in trying. He will instruct Adam to get the virus. Its at this point Hiro will attempt once again to stop Adam, Peter. But Peter's belief within Adam is so strong he will stop Hiro.
Matt will join in and tells Peter (mentally) to let go of Hiro and go after Adam instead. Peter seems to follow his direction but he will resist (mentally) to Matt.

*Nathan will release Angela from jail. Angela will be pretty much the only one left out of all her 'friends'/original 12. The latest victim being Victoria Pratt. Matt will be the one who'll find Victoria's body in Maine along with the photo with the 'death mark' across her face. Angela explains to Nathan and Matt that it's done and over with, Adam is wanting revenge and she feels defeated and its over. It's at this point Nathan will explain to Angela that Peter is still alive.

*Hiro will take his defeat in shame back to Japan where Ando is. He will have failed his father and let the virus get out.

We'll also find out the fate of Adam. He'll be buried alive next to Kaito's grave in a metal coffin also reinforced with a concrete casket. Look for our favorite rodent, the infamous cockroach, to make his little cameo.

*Look for Nathan to give an 'unoffical' speech addressing the world regarding the virus outbreak that happens in Odessa, TX. Nathan clearly states to the persistent reporter to find someone who's in charge, not him. He will NOT want to give this speech and only does so when he is pushed by a reporter named Bruce Evans. All the reporters will be broadcasting his speech from the police station in Odessa, TX. This reluctant speech will be broadcasted throughout the world and be viewed by our heroes.
In his speech, he's mentioning how brave the people in this town have been by locking themselves in for the safety of the rest of the world. It'll be quite inspirational and uplifting. Also, you'll see why the ep. title is called POWERLESS through Nathan here.
Viewing this, we'll see Molly is with Suresh at Isacc's Loft also with Maya and Elle. Also viewing this at her home is Claire, and she'll be relieved to see Peter on screen with Nathan and will find out he is indeed still alive.

*Look for Nathan on becoming sick.

*Someone named HYPE will bring down the restaurant with Monica in it. He will set a fire to this building. Ultimately, Niki will sacrifice herself for Monica.
Yes, it's Niki dying in the fire.

*Elle will be the one to bring down Sylar this season and emerge as the 'Hero.'

POSSIBLE SPOILERS FROM ELSEWHERE!

Glacier16 #885469 2007-11-07 11:33 PM
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Heroes season 1 is to 52 as season 2 is to Countdown. There are some good moments, don't get me wrong, it's not totally boring. It's just drawn out. I find myself not caring too much about the characters. They're just all over the place this season. This week's episode was the weakest. It just seems like the writers are making it up as they go along. Especially regarding Peter Petrelli. He was among my favorites of last season, now it's Matt.

Jeremy #885471 2007-11-07 11:35 PM
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Oh yeah, Journeyman is the show to follow this season.

Glacier16 #885485 2007-11-08 12:46 AM
=
500+ posts
=
500+ posts
Episode 11 is titled 'POWERLESS' (9 is cautionary tales and 10 is called truths and consequences) the below spoilers reveal the ending of volume 2

*Look for our intro of Earth spinning (during title HEROES scene) to just abruptly stop. (due to continuation of Hiro's time freeze from the previous ep.)

*Kensei is immortal, he cannot be killed. His name will no longer be known as Kensei but ADAM MONROE. The original 12 have betrayed him in the past and Kensei/Adam will be taking revenge upon the original 12. And yes, it's still David Anders playing the Kensei/Adam part. But gone are the samurai outfits replaced by sharp looking suits.

*Peter will be helping Kensei/Adam at Primatech to get/destroy the virus. By this point, Peter has seen the future and the devastation of the virus. He has come to this particular time/place with Adam to destroy the virus. He knows it will kill pretty much everybody. What he doesnt know is Adam's true intention for the virus.
When asked by Hiro why he's helping Adam, Peter claims that Adam is his friend. And also mentions that Adam saved Nathan's life. Hiro will try to convince Peter that he was betrayed by Adam 400 yrs ago and that he will betray Peter also. Hiro is also trying to avenge his father's death since Adam's the one who killed him, along with the other older generations. Peter will argue back letting Hiro know that Kaito's the one who had Adam locked away for 30 yrs. He will mention that he was also in the same prison. Peter clearly states that he does not want to hurt Hiro.

The showdown at Primatech will mainly be between Hiro and Peter since Adam will be frozen in time. They are also not alone in this room, there are Primatech employees who'll be frozen in time during this. The swings Hiro throws will be blocked by Peter telekinetically.
When Hiro has the sword to Peter's throat, Peter will shock his sword with electricity knocking him out. Adam will shortly 'reclaim' his sword coming out of being frozen.

*Matt will 'fly.' Ofcourse with the help of Nathan to Primatech. Keep your ears perked up for a hilarious comment Matt makes once they land.

Matt will inquire to Nathan about just how dangerous Peter is. (comparing him to the Kirby Plaza incident.) Nathan informs Matt that he himself hasn't seen Peter since that night. Matt is trying to explain to Nathan that Angela gave him instructions on how to kill her own son Peter. IF NEED BE!!! Nathan won't hear any of it and basically tells Matt that he will handle Peter if he's a problem. Hiro will join in with Nathan and Matt.

*Peter is opening the vaults, straining himself, even bleeding from his nose in trying. He will instruct Adam to get the virus. Its at this point Hiro will attempt once again to stop Adam, Peter. But Peter's belief within Adam is so strong he will stop Hiro.
Matt will join in and tells Peter (mentally) to let go of Hiro and go after Adam instead. Peter seems to follow his direction but he will resist (mentally) to Matt.

*Nathan will release Angela from jail. Angela will be pretty much the only one left out of all her 'friends'/original 12. The latest victim being Victoria Pratt. Matt will be the one who'll find Victoria's body in Maine along with the photo with the 'death mark' across her face. Angela explains to Nathan and Matt that it's done and over with, Adam is wanting revenge and she feels defeated and its over. It's at this point Nathan will explain to Angela that Peter is still alive.

*Hiro will take his defeat in shame back to Japan where Ando is. He will have failed his father and let the virus get out.

We'll also find out the fate of Adam. He'll be buried alive next to Kaito's grave in a metal coffin also reinforced with a concrete casket. Look for our favorite rodent, the infamous cockroach, to make his little cameo.

*Look for Nathan to give an 'unoffical' speech addressing the world regarding the virus outbreak that happens in Odessa, TX. Nathan clearly states to the persistent reporter to find someone who's in charge, not him. He will NOT want to give this speech and only does so when he is pushed by a reporter named Bruce Evans. All the reporters will be broadcasting his speech from the police station in Odessa, TX. This reluctant speech will be broadcasted throughout the world and be viewed by our heroes.
In his speech, he's mentioning how brave the people in this town have been by locking themselves in for the safety of the rest of the world. It'll be quite inspirational and uplifting. Also, you'll see why the ep. title is called POWERLESS through Nathan here.
Viewing this, we'll see Molly is with Suresh at Isacc's Loft also with Maya and Elle. Also viewing this at her home is Claire, and she'll be relieved to see Peter on screen with Nathan and will find out he is indeed still alive.

*Someone named HYPE will bring down the restaurant with Monica in it. He will set a fire to this building. Ultimately, Niki will sacrifice herself for Monica.

How did you find that out...................are you magic?

Sonhaven #885497 2007-11-08 1:28 AM
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
No...he's Glacier!

Jeremy #885625 2007-11-08 11:07 AM
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Jeremy
Oh yeah, Journeyman is the show to follow this season.

it has been pretty good so far.

Bow ties are coool.
Chant Offline OP
fudge
4000+ posts
OP Offline
fudge
4000+ posts
I'd like to see a new season of The Dresden Files though

Racks be to MisterJLA
Chant #886950 2007-11-08 11:05 PM
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
EW.com

'Heroes' Creator Apologizes to Fans
Tim Kring admits mistakes were made at the beginning of season 2, but promises to get back on track

By Jeff Jensen

• On the chilly Monday morning that Hollywood's writers went on strike, Heroes creator Tim Kring called from the streets outside the Hollywood studio where his NBC series is shot. "Yes, I'm picketing my own show," says the 50-year-old writer-producer. "So surreal."

But Kring wasn't calling to discuss labor woes — he was calling to explain why Heroes, suffering a creative decline and a 15 percent ratings drop from the same period last year, went from Human Torch hot to Iceman cold. The good news? A turnaround appears to be under way. After weeks of sluggish storytelling, the Nov. 5 episode recaptured some of last season's fanciful energy. We've also seen the next two episodes — and we like them, too. The cliff-hangers are back. Narrative purpose has been discovered. Old favorites like Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) and Horn-Rimmed Glasses (Jack Coleman) take center stage. Even more encouraging: Kring himself is keenly aware that Heroes is broken. Here's his candid critique:

THE PACE IS TOO SLOW "We assumed the audience wanted season 1 — a buildup of intrigue about these characters and the discovery of their powers. We taught [them] to expect a certain kind of storytelling. They wanted adrenaline. We made a mistake."

THE WORLD-SAVING STAKES SHOULD HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED SOONER The premonition of nuclear apocalypse created a larger context that unified every story line last season. Kring now sees that Volume 2 (the first 11 episodes of season 2) would have been better served if Peter's vision of viral Armageddon had appeared in the season premiere rather than episode 7. "We took too long to get to the big-picture story," he says.

THE ROOKIES DIDN'T GREET THEMSELVES PROPERLY New Heroes Monica (Dana Davis), Maya (Dania Ramirez), and Alejandro (Shalim Ortiz) "shouldn't have been introduced in separate story lines that felt unattached to the show. The way we introduced Elle (Kristen Bell) — by weaving her in via Peter's story line — is a more logical way to bring new characters into the show." (That said, Kring says a few newbies won't make it beyond this second volume, which wraps Dec. 3.)

HIRO WAS IN JAPAN WAY TOO LONG Hiro's (Masi Oka) time-bending adventure in 17th-century Japan — where he mentored samurai hero Takezo Kensei (David Anders) — finally came to an end on Nov. 5. But Kring says it "should have [lasted] three episodes. We didn't give the audience enough story to justify the time we allotted it."

YOUNG LOVE STINKS Kring regrets sticking Claire (Hayden Panettiere) with a super-dud boyfriend and forcing Hiro to moon over a cutesy princess. "I've seen more convincing romances on TV," he admits. "In retrospect, I don't think romance is a natural fit for us."

Yet while Heroes has finally found some dramatic traction, this second volume is pretty much a wash. The Dec. 3 episode has been retooled to function as a potential season finale — a move inspired by the writers' strike and a desire to give the show "a clean slate" when it goes back into production for Volume 3. At that point, Kring wants to craft a rebooted Heroes that can attract new fans and win back those who've tuned out: "The message is that we've heard the complaints — and we're doing something about it."

Sonhaven #889668 2007-11-12 1:31 PM
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Sonhaven

How did you find that out...................are you magic?

Ehh, it might change a little now with the strike and all. I think they are making chenges to make this a season finale.

Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Finally some news on season 3.
  • Meet Daphne, the speedy new character on NBC's "Heroes," who plans to give the show's superhumans - especially time traveler Hiro and his sidekick, Ando - a run for their money when she debuts on the popular NBC series' upcoming third season, which went back into production last week.

"I'm stealing a secret that's been kept in Hiro's family for a long time that he's just now found," Brea Grant told The Associated Press during a break in filming on location in a high-rise building in downtown Los Angeles. "He stops time right as I grab it, but in that second it took him to grab it, I almost make it out of the office."

Grant doesn't know much about her mysterious new character. Daphne's superpower allows her to operate at three speeds and leave a supersonic wake in her path when Hiro stops time. Grant's not sure where Daphne is from, but she does know the Speedster - that's what she calls herself - has been on her own for a long time.

"Her character is supposed to be Hiro's Joker," said Masi Oka, who plays Hiro. "Batman has The Joker. Hiro has Daphne. This is the season where Hiro finally finds his arch nemesis, and it happens to be this Speedster. I kind of equate it more to Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner, except Daphne says more than 'meep-meep.'"

Grant said she's been a "Heroes" fan since the show debuted in 2006 and cried tears of joy when she was called to audition. However, she said the strangest part about being on a show about ordinary people with superhuman abilities has been the images required for the series' intricate computer-generated effects.

"I had to go to this place and stand on a platform in my underwear," said Grant. "They turned it around and took photos of me. It felt like some sort of weird experiment. I imagine those pictures will end up on the Internet at some point."

Grant graduated from the University of Texas before moving to Los Angeles to pursue acting. Last season, she played sassy high school student Jean on NBC's "Friday Night Lights." The 26-year-old actress' short bleach-blond dreadlocked hairdo has become her signature. "Heroes" producers only trimmed her bangs for the role of Daphne.

"It's mine. It was like this," said Grant. "Basically, I dyed my hair for 10 years and at some point it turned into a big pouf, so I started dreading half of it and just letting it go. Every once in a while, I'll dye it to get rid of my roots. People hate it or love it. I'm actually not that attached to it, honestly."

Grant has mighty aspirations for Daphne's future on "Heroes."

"I hope to be in some battle with the other Heroes, whether it's with them, against them, whatever," she said.

The third season is titled "Villains", and will pick up immediately following the events of the second season, which was cut short because of the writers strike. Viewers will learn about the fates of several characters when the show returns in September, including who shot Nathan Petrelli.

I read the Heroes graphic novel and wondered if I should even care about the third season. I'll give it a shot, it's got to be better than the shortened second season.

Link Copied to Clipboard