rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
http://www.onvideo.org/calendar/cal_dvd.htm#Feb12

February 12

Academy Award Animation Collection 15 Winners -- 26 Nominees Three-disc set with 26 Academy Award nominated cartoons and the 15 winners, restored and remastered. The winning shorts: "The Milky Way" (1940), "Yankee Doodle Mouse" (1943), "Mouse Trouble" (1944), "Quiet Please" (1945), "The Cat Concerto" (1947), "Tweetie Pie" (1947), "The Little Orphan" (1949), "For Scent-Imental Reasons" (1949), "So Much for So Little" (1949), "Two Mouseketeers" (1952), "Johann Mouse" (1953), "Speedy Gonzales" (1955), "Birds Anonymous" (1957), "Knighty-Knight Bugs" (1958) and "The Dot and The Line" (1965); $44.98. Extras: Commentaries, and a retrospective documentary "Drawn for Glory: Animation's Triumph at the Oscars." (Warner).

Academy Award Animation Collection 15 Winners Single disc containing only the winning cartoon shorts, $19.98. (Warner).

Africa Unite (2008) Politically driven music documentary follows three generations of the Marley family on their historic journey to Ethiopia to take part in a 2005 concert in commemoration of Bob Marley's 60th birthday. (Palm Pictures).

Batman Double Feature(2008) Two animated made-for-video Batman features: "Batman and Mr. Freeze: Sub Zero" and "Batman Mask of Phantasm"; $14.97. (Warner).

Its worth it just for Phantasm.

The Beatrix Potter Collection Three-disc set with nine animated adventures, $29.98. (Warner).

Becoming Jane (2007) Anne Hathaway, James McAvoy, Maggie Smith, Julie Walters. (Miramax).

Blade: The Series Four-disc set with all 13 episodes, with unrated and extended scenes, $39.98. Extras: "Turning Blade" documentary, commentaries. (New Line).

Blue State(2007) Breckin Meyer, Anna Paquin. Vowing to move to Canada if John Kerry loses the 2004 election, fervent liberal John Logue (Breckin Meyer) suddenly finds himself with no job, no girlfriend -- and no country! Making good on his "campaign promise," Logue finds a traveling companion--a sexy, mysterious woman named Chloe (Anna Paquin)--and heads north. But Chloe is not all that she seems. (MGM).

The Charlie Chan Collection: Volume 4 The first four Sidney Toler-starring Charlie Chan mysteries: "Charlie Chan In Honolulu" (1938), "Charlie Chan In Reno" (1939), "Charlie Chan at Treasure Island" (1939) and "Charlie Chan In the City of Darkness" (1939), $49.98. Extras: Commentaries, featurettes, restoration comparisons, still galleries, more. (Fox).

Columbus: The Lost Voyage (2007) History Channel documentary on Columbus' checkered history after the initial glory and fame from the discovery of the New World had faded. Humiliated, imprisoned and in abject poverty, the explorer plotted an escape from jail, and a final voyage he hoped would restore his reputation. Still obsessed with finding the Westward Passage, he soon embarked on his ill-fated journey; $24.95. (A&E Home Video).

Comedy Central Roast of Flavor Flav: Uncensored! (2005) Roast of Flavor Flav hosted by Katt Williams. Extras: Red carpet Interviews, back stage pass pre-show, back stage pass post-show, Flavor Flav gives a tour, Flav-cam. (Paramount).

Dallas: The Complete Eighth Season Five-disc set with 30 episodes, $39.98. Extras: "Dallas Makeover: Travilla Styl" featurette. (Warner).

Dirty Laundry(2006) Rockmond Dunbar, Loretta Devine, Jenifer Lewis. A big-city magazine writer comes face-to-face with the traditional Southern family he hasn't seen in more than 10 years. (Fox).

The Equalizer: Season One Five-disc set with 22 episodes, $49.98. Extras: Commentary. (Universal).

ESL: English as a Second Language(2005) Kuno Becker, Danielle Camastra, John Michael Higgins, Maria Conchita Alonso, Treva Etienne, Efrain Figueroa, Harold Gould. Bolivar De La Cruz, with a baby on the way, has just made the treacherous journey over the border from Mexico to Los Angeles, home of the beautiful and restless Lola Sara, whose parents made the same journey some 20 years before. Now two people from very different sides of the same culture find themselves on a collision course with the events that will change their lives forever. (Allumination FilmWorks).

Family Ties: The Third Season (1984-85) Four-disc set with 23 episodes, $42.99. (Paramount).

The Front Line (2006) Eriq Ebouaney, James Frain. An African immigrant bank security guard turns the tables on Dublin's nastiest criminals when they force him to be the "inside man" on a bank robbery. Extras: Deleted scenes. (BFS Entertainment).

General Hospital: Night Shift Season 1 Three-disc set with 13 episodes, $29.99. Extras: "On the Set at Night Shift" featurette. (Disney).

George of the Jungle: The Complete Original Series (2005) Two-disc set with all 17 episodes, $19.98. Extras: Never-before-seen pilot episodes of "George of the Jungle" and "Super Chicken." (Classic Media/Genius Products).

Girlfriends: The Third Season (2002-03) Four-disc set with 24 episodes, $39.99. (Paramount).

Gone Baby Gone (2007) Dir.: Ben Affleck; Casey Affleck, Michelle Monaghan, Morgan Freeman, Ed Harris. (Miramax).

Hotel Babylon: Season 1 Three-disc set with eight episodes of the BBC/AMC series, $39.98. Extras: Commentary, making-of featurette. (Warner).

In the Shadow of the Moon (2007) Stirring documentary about the 12 American men who walked on the moon. (ThinkFilm).

Introducing the Dwights (2007) Brenda Blethyn, Rebecca Gibney, Khan Chittenden, Richard Wilson, Russell Dykstra. The shy son (Khan Chittenden) of an aging comedienne (Brenda Blethyn) tries to find a balance between his demanding home life, his new girlfriend, and his mother's second chance at fame. (Warner).

Joan Crawford Collection, Volume 2Five-disc set with "Sadie McKee (1934), "Strange Cargo" (1941), "A Woman's Face" (1941), "Flamingo Road" (1949) and "Torch Song" (1953); $49.92. Extras: Featurettes,radio shows, vintage short subjetcs, trailers, more. (Warner).

Lost Book of Nostradamus (2007) History Channel documentary on the book "Prophecy of the Roman Popes", which lay hidden for over 400 years on the shelves of the Italian National Library; the book may well contain new, cryptic predictions from the master psychic himself -- including the crisis in the Middle East and the Apocalypse; $24.95. Extras: Feature-length documentary "Nostradamus: 500 Years Later," deleted scenes. (A&E Home Video).

It wsn't his book. Spoilers

Love or Money (2001-- TV) Steven Duffy, Emma Cunniffe. U.K. telefilm about a reality show in which a couple is selected by the audience to be married on TV; if they stay together six months, they'll win a cool million. (BFS Entertainment).

Lubitsch Musicals: Eclipse Series #8Four-disc set with "The Love Parade" (1929), "Monte Carlo" (1930), "The Smiling Lieutenant" (1931) and "One Hour With You" (1932); $59.95. (The Criterion Collection).

Martian Child (2007) John Cusack, Amanda Peet, Bobby Coleman, Sophie Okonedo, Joan Cusack, Oliver Platt, Bobby Coleman. Extras: Commentary by producers Corey Sienega and David Kirschner and writers Seth Bass and Jonathan Tolins; "Handle With Care: Working with The Martian Child" documentary; "The Real Martian Child" featurette; deleted scenes. (New Line).

The Monastery: Mr. Vig and the Nun (2006 -- Denmark) Worlds collide, tempers flare and dreams come true when Mr. Vig, an elderly Danish eccentric and Sister Amvrosija, a strong-willed Russian nun, join forces to transform a run-down castle into a Russian Orthodox monastery in this internationally acclaimed documentary. (Koch Lorber).

No Reservations (2007) Catherine Zeta-Jones, Aaron Eckhart, Abigail Breslin, Patricia Clarkson, Jenny Wade, Bob Balaban. Extras: "Unwrapped": Host marc Summers visits the set; more. Available on HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc. (Warner).

Perfect Strangers: The Complete First & Second Seasons Four-disc set with 28 episodes, $29.98. (Warner).

Peter's Friends (1992) Dir.: Kenneth Branagh; Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson, Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie. (MGM)

Prehistoric Predators (2007) National Geographic Channel documentary about the animal giants who ruled the world 10,000 years ago. (Warner).

Royal Tramp 1 & 2(1992) Two-disc set of the Hong Kong action-comedies starring Stephen Chow as a fast-talking conman who manages to avoid death and score hot women, all while trying to save the Ming Dynasty from falling. Extras: Commentary by Hong Kong cinema expert Bey Logan. (Dragon Dynasty/Weinstein Co./Genius Products).

Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders/Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island Two full-length Scooby-Doo adventures, $14.97. (Warner).

Some Girls (1988) Patrick Dempsey, Jennifer Connelly. (MGM).

The Stanley Kramer Film Collection Five-disc set with "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner," "Ship of Fools," "The Wild One," "The 5000 Fingers of Dr. T" and "The Member of the Wedding"; 59.95. (Sony).

Tell Me You Love Me: The Complete First Season (2005) $69.98. (HBO Video).
Touch (1997) Skeet Ulrich, Bridget Fonda, Christopher Walken, Tom Arnold. (MGM).

We Own the Night (2007) Joaquin Phoenix, Mark Wahlberg, Robert Duvall, Eva Mendes, Tony Musante. Extras: Commentary by writer-director James Gray, "Tension: Creating We Own The Night," "Police Action: Filming Cops, Cars and Chaos," "A Moment In Crime: Creating Late 80's Brooklyn." Also available on Blu-ray Disc. (Sony).

Why Did I Get Married? (2007) Dir.: Tyler Perry; Tyler Perry, Janet Jackson, Sharon Leal, Jill Scott, Tasha Smith, Malik Yoba, Richard T. Jones, Michael Jai White. (Lionsgate).

Zapped! (1982) Scott Baio, Willie Aames. (MGM).

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
Good work, Dabney..............................................

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Don't look up here for a joke. There's one hanging over your seat.
1000+ posts
Don't look up here for a joke. There's one hanging over your seat.
1000+ posts
What work? I got laid off weeks ag-- Oh, I forgot. It's opposite day in unfunny one liner land. Guffaw guffaw X 1000000

Last edited by Dabney Donovan; 2008-02-10 6:43 AM. Reason: Unmarked edits are still for pussies

JPJ to Danbey Donavan

"That never gets old."
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
Gone Baby Gone.
If you can handle Casey Affleck, it's a hell of a movie.

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
rex Offline OP
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Is he more or less annoying than you?

Don't answer that, its a trick question.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
old one eye
2500+ posts
old one eye
2500+ posts
Gone Baby Gone
No Reservations

How you doin'?
100+ posts
100+ posts

Link Copied to Clipboard