Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#929393 2008-03-02 5:56 PM
Don't look up here for a joke. There's one hanging over your seat.
1000+ posts
OP Offline
1000+ posts
http://www.onvideo.org/calendar/dvd_08c.htm#Mar4

March 4

Archie's Funhouse: The Complete Series Three-disc set with all 16 episodes of this classic animated hit starring Archie, Betty, Veronica, Jughead and Reggie; $29.95. Extras: "Ron Dante: The Voice of The Archies" featurette, "Archie and His New Pals" TV special, "Sugar, Sugar" and "Jingle Jangle" music videos by The Archies band, Episodes 1-7 of "Archie's Funhouse" from "The Archie Comedy Hour." (Classic Media/Genius Products).

Awake (2007) Hayden Christensen, Jessica Alba, Lena Olin, Terrence Howard, Steven Hinkle, Jennifer Pedersen, Sam Robards, Poorna Jagannathan, Court Young. Extras: Commentary by writer-director Steven C. Miller and producers William Clevinger and Mark Thalman; "Trials and Tribulations: The Making of Automaton Transfusion"; deleted scenes; "Suffer or Sacrifice" short film by Director Steven C. Miller; "Can You Hear Me Now" music video by Blinded Black; "Arsenaholic" music video by Dancefloor Tragedy. (Weinstein Co./Genius Products).

Ben 10: The Complete Season 3 Two-disc set with 13 episodes, $19.98. Extras: Character gallery, promos, deleted scenes. (Warner).
The Billy Wilder Film Collection Four-disc set with "The Apartment," "Some Like It Hot," "The Fortune Cookie" and "Kiss Me Stupid!" $39.98. (MGM).

Blood +: Volume One (2008) Single-disc with the first five episodes of the Adult Swim anime series, $24.98. (Sony).

Blood +: Part One (2008) Six-disc set with all 25 episodes from the first half of the Adult Swim anime series, $119.95. Extras: Exclusive T-Shirt and Manga sampler. (Sony).

Dr. Dolittle: Tail to the Chief (2008) Kyla Pratt, Peter Coyote. "Animal whisperer" Maya Dolittle's dream of going to vet school is put on hold when she gets a call from the President of the United States to help with the disobedient first dog; direct-to-video sequel. Extras: "Critter Casting Sessions" featurette, "Working With Actors of a Different Breed" featurette, "Goin' Wild at Mountain View" featurette, "Learning About Endangered Animals" featurette. (Fox).

Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who! (1970) Remastered deluxe edition with three additional animated Dr. Seuss stories: Dr. Seuss' "Butter Battle Book," "Daisy-Head Mayzie" and "Horton Hathces the Egg!" $19.97. Extras: "Who Hears Horton Who?" feaurette. (Warner).

Experiment (2005) John Hopkins, Clive Ashborn, Georgina French. Psychological thriller about a man and woman trapped in a foreign city, both subjects of a terrifying and shocking experiment, with no escape from their nightmares. (MTI Home Video).

Flight 29 Down: Season Two Three-disc set with 13 episodes, $24.95. (Discovery Kids/Genius Products).

Flight 29 Down: Hotel Tango Four-part movie and season finale, $14.95. (Discovery Kids/Genius Products).

Into the Wild (2007) Dir.: Sean Penn; Emile Hirsch, Vince Vaughn, Marcia Gay Harden, William Hurt, Catherine Keener, Kristen Stewart, Zach Galifianakis. Available as a single-disc and two-disc special edition. Special Edition Extras: "Into the Wild: The Story, The Characters" featurette, "Into the Wild: The Experience" fetaurette. Also available on HD DVD. (Paramount).
Johnson Family Dinner (2007) Lynne Conner, Toni Sterrett, Jerard Jones, Ashley Shyne. (Warner).

Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (2007) Dustin Hoffman, Natalie Portman, Jason Bateman, Zach Mills. Extras: "Strangely Weird and Weirdly Strange: The Magical World of a Wonder Emporium" featurette, "An Eccentric Boss and an Awkward Apprentice" featurette, "To Meet Eric Applebaum, Start By Saying Hi" featurette, "The Magical Toy Store" featurette. Also available on Blu-ray Disc. (Fox).

Mrs. Doubtfire Behind-the-Seams Special Edition (1993) Dir.: Chris Columbus; Robin Williams, Sally Field, Pierce Brosnan, Harvey Fierstein, Polly Holliday, Lisa Jakub, Matthew Lawrence, Mara Wilson, Robert Prosky. Extras: Deleted and extended scenes, alternate scenes, photo gallery, makeup tests and gallery, "From Man to Mrs.: The Evolution of Mrs. Doubtfire" featurette, "Aging Gracefully: A Look Back at Mrs. Doubtfire" featurette, "A Conversation With Legendary Animator Chuck Jones" featurette, "The Improvisation of Mrs. Doubtfire" featuring seven scenes, original 1993 featurette, "Meet Mrs. Doubtfire" Robin Williams interview. (Fox).

My Kid Could Paint That (2007) In this thought-provoking documentary, director Amir-Bar-Lev tracks the overnight celebrity of little Marla Olmstead, a toddler who creates gallery-worthy paintings on the dining room table of her family home. A media sensation by the age of four, critics compare her work with Jackson Pollock's. Sales of her paintings reach $300,000. But, sadly, the bubble bursts. When a 2005 profile by "60 Minutes" suggests that Marla had help making her paintings, the finger is pointed at her father, an amateur artist and night manager at Frito Lay. Almost overnight, her family is ensnared in a web of accusation and denial -- with the burden of proof placed squarely in their lap: Is Marla a child prodigy or an innocent victim of a hoax? Extras: Commentary, "Back to Binghamton" mini-doc with director Amir Bar-Lev that includes follow-up interviews, Sundance Q & A, deleted scenes, more; "Kimmelman on Art" a mini-doc with the New York Times art critic. (Sony).

101 Dalmatians: Platinum Edition (1961) Two-disc set with enhanced picture and sound, $29.99. Extras: "Virtual Dalmatians," "101 Pop-Up Trivia Facts," Cruella De Vil music video, "Redefining the Line: The Making of 101 Dalmatians," "Cruella De Vil: Drawn to be Bad," "Sincerely Yours: Walt Disney," deleted songs, more. (Disney).

The Other Boleyn Girl(2003) Natascha McElhone. Jodhi May, Jared Harris. BBC tale of sex, passion and royal intrigue: This is the little-known story of Mary Boleyn who was mistress to King Henry VIII before he married her older sister, Anne. Inspired by Philippa Gregory's best selling novel. (Warner).

Pistol Whipped(2008) Steven Seagal, Lance Henriksen. An elite ex-cop (Seagal) buries himself deeper and deeper into financial trouble with his uncontrollable gambling and drinking problems ... until a mysterious man offers to relieve him of his money troubles in exchange for the assassination of the city's most notorious gangsters. Extras: Deleted scenes. (Sony).

The Shepherd: Border Patrol (2008) Jean-Claude Van Damme, Stephen Lord. Direct-to-video actioner. A rogue American Special Forces unit schemes to smuggle $35 million worth of heroin into the United States, and all that stands in its way is border patrol agent Jack Robideaux, an ex-homicide cop with a hidden agenda. (Sony).

TCM Archives: Forbidden Hollywood Volume 2Three-disc set with five restored and remastered pre-code classics plus a feature-length documentary: "The Divorcee" (1930)/"A Free Soul" (1931); "Three on a Match" (1932)/"Female" (1933); "Night Nurse" (1931)/ Documentary: "Thou Shalt Not: Sex, Sin and Censorship in Pre-Code Hollywood." $49.92. (Warner).

Terry Pratchett's Hogfather(2006) David Jason, Marc Warren, Michelle Dockery, David Warner, Joss Ackland. Live-action adaptation of one of the international best-selling "Discworld" novels by Terry Pratchett that takes place in a parallel universe drifting through space perched on top of four elephants standing on the shell of a giant turtle, a universe where the Auditors want the human race destroyed. (Genius Products).

Things We Lost in the Fire (2007) Halle Berry, Benicio Del Toro, David Duchovny, Alison Lohman. Extras: "A Discussion About Things We Lost in the Fire," deleted scenes. Also available on HD DVD. (Paramount).

12 Angry Men (1957) Dir.: Sidney Lumet; Henry Fonda, Lee J. Cobb, Jack Warden, Martin Balsam, Ed Begley, Jack Klugman. Extras: "Beyond a Reasonable Doubt: The Making Of 12 Angry Men" featurette, "Inside the Jury Room" featurette. (MGM).

Unfunnily predictable running gag in three, two, and one...

JPJ to Danbey Donavan

"That never gets old."
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Dabney Donovan

YOU TELL 'EM, REX!

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
How many Dr. Dolittle flicks need to be made?!

I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
Too many.

That said, "Things We Lost in the Fire" looked interesting.

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Awake
Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who!
Pistol Whipped

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
1000+ posts
OP Offline
1000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: MisterJLA
 Originally Posted By: Dabney Donovan

YOU TELL 'EM, REX!

Referring to yourself in the third person is also unoriginal, thanks to Mxy and/or bsams. Guffaw guffaw.

Last edited by Dabney Donovan; 2008-03-03 12:36 AM. Reason: unmarked edits are still for pussies

JPJ to Danbey Donavan

"That never gets old."
100+ posts
100+ posts

Link Copied to Clipboard