Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Don't look up here for a joke. There's one hanging over your seat.
1000+ posts
OP Offline
1000+ posts
http://www.onvideo.org/calendar/cal_dvd.htm#Apr15

April 15

Alien Nation: Ultimate Movie Collection - Three-disc set with all five post-series TV movies: "Alien Nation: Dark Horizon" (1994), "Alien Nation: Body and Soul" (1995), "Alien Nation: Millennium" (1996), "Alien Nation: The Enemy Within" (1996) and "Alien Nation: The Udara Legacy" (1997); $49.98. Extras: Commentaries, cast reunion, behind-the-scenes featurettes, gag reels, storyboards, more. (Fox).

Aliens vs. Predator -- Requiem (2007) David Paetkau, John Ortiz, Johnny Lewis, Reiko Aylesworth, Sam Trammell, Shareeka Epps, Steven Pasquale. In single disc rated theatrical, in single disc unrated theatrical, extreme unrated two-disc special edition, and Blu-ray Disc. Extras: Single discs: Commentary by directors Colin and Greg Strause and producer John Davis, commentary by creature effects designers/creators Tom Woodruff Jr. and Alec Gillis. Extreme unrated adds 10 minutes of never-before-seen gruesome footage; five behind-the-scene featurettes: "Prepare for War: The Making of AVP-R," "Fight to the Finish: The Making of AVP-R," "AVP-R: The Nightmare Returns -- Creating the Aliens," "Crossbreed: The PredAlien" and "Building the Predator Homeworld"; still design galleries. (Fox).

The Ambassador: Series Two (1998) Three-disc set with seven episodes of the U.K. series about the female ambassador to Ireland who diplomatically solves problems ranging from territorial disputes and kidnapping to cults, sabotage and murder. Stars Pauline Collins. (BFS Entertainment).

American Dad Volume Three - Three-disc set with 18 episodes from Season Two and Three, $39.98. Extras: Unrated audio, commentary, deleted scenes. (Fox).

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (2007) Dir.: Sidney Lumet; Philip Seymour Hoffman, Ethan Hawke, Albert Finney, Marisa Tomei. Extras: Commentary by Lumet, Hoffman and Ethan Hawke, "Directed by Sidney Lumet: How The Devil Was Made" featurette. (ThinkFilm).

Blast of Silence (1961) Allen Baron, Molly McCarthy, Larry Tucker, Peter Clume, Danny Meehan, Lionel Stander. Allen Baron's New York City noir is a sensational surprise. This low-budget, carefully crafted portrait of a hit man on assignment in Manhattan during Christmastime follows its stripped-down narrative with mechanical precision, yet also with an eye and ear for the oddball idiosyncrasies of urban living. New, restored digital transfer. Extras: "Requiem for a Killer: The Making of Blast of Silence" (2007), rare on-set Polaroids, locations revisited in 2008, plus an essay by film critic Terrence Rafferty and a four-page graphic-novel adaptation of the film by award-winning artist Sean Phillips. (The Criterion Collection).

Border Lost (2008) Chris Cleveland, Kelly Noonan, Emilio Roso, David Schultz, Marian Zapico. Three U.S. border agents decide to take the law into their own hands. (Allumination FilmWorks).

The Canine Conspiracy/The Cat Connection - Pair of Discovery Channel documentaries on the origin of domestic dogs and cats; $9.98. (Warner).

Classical Baby: (I'm Grown Up Now): The Poetry Show - Featuring the hallmark animation of HBO Family's Peabody and Emmy Award-winning "Classical Baby" franchise, "Classical Baby: (I'm Grown Up Now): The Poetry Show" presents the diaper-clad "conducter" now as a young boy reading lines from timeless treasures from the world of poetry, including classics by William Shakespeare, Robert Louis Stevenson, Robert Frost, Elizabeth Barrett Browning and Langston Hughes. With an all-star cast that includes Susan Sarandon, Gwyneth Paltrow, Geoffrey Wright, Andy Garcia and John Lithgow; $9.97. (HBO Video).

Clive Cussler's The Sea Hunters, Set 2 - Six episodes of the underwater documentary series, including "The Search for Andrea Gail" (the boat immortalized in "The Perfect Storm"), "Catherine the Great's Treasure Ship," "The Search for the SS Alabama" (a Confederate vessel sunk during the Civil War); more. $39.99. Extras: Extra footage for each episode. (Acorn Media).

College Hill: Interns (2007) Two-disc set of the BET realty-TV show, $19.99. Extras: Cast audition reel, reject reel. (Paramount).

Diana: Queen of Hearts (1998 -- TV) Documentary celebrates Princess Diana's life and legacy, avoiding scandal and gossip; $9.95. (Genius Products).

The Final Season (2005) Sean Astin, Powers Boothe, Rachael Leigh Cook, Tom Arnold, Michael Angarano. Follows a small-town high school team from Norway, Iowa (population 586) that lives and breathes American's favorite pastime - baseball - and has won 19 State Championships ... but the small town heroes are dealt a series of unexpected blows that threaten to rob them of their 20th championship win. Based on a true story. Extras: Commentary by director David Mickey Evans, Sean Astin, executive producer Carl Borack and producer Michael Wasserman; commentary by producer Tony Wilson and real life coaches Kent Stock and Jim Van Scoyoc; "The Making of The Final Season" featurette; "The Real Season: The Spirit of Norway" featurette. (Fox).

A Global Warning? - History Channel documentary surveys the frontline of scientific research and climatic impact to look at global warming; $24.95. (A&E Home Video).

How the Earth Was Made - History Channel documentary reveals the entire 4.5 billion-year journey of our planet, $24.95. (A&E Home Video).

I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With (2006) Jeff Garlin, Sarah Silverman, Amy Sedaris, Gina Gershon, Bonnie Hunt, Dan Castellaneta, Richard Kind. A frustrated and underappreciated actor who still lives with his mother overeats to deal with his problems. Extras: Commentary by writer-director Jeff Garlin, deleted scenes. (Genius Products).

Impulse (2008) Angus Macfadyen, Willa Ford. A beautiful ad executive believes she has finally managed to unleash her husband's wild side in bed -- only to discover that her erotic game of role-playing leads to a dangerous game of seduction. (Sony).

In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (2008) Jason Statham, Leelee Sobieski, John Rhys-Davies, Ray Liotta, Matthew Lillard, Burt Reynolds, Will Sanderson, Ron Perlman, Claire Forlani, Brian J. White, Kristanna Loken, Gabrielle Rose. Based on the popular "Dungeon Siege" video game series, the story follows a hardworking family man who becomes a reluctant warrior after an evil sorcerer sends an army of murderous beasts to ransack his peaceful village and capture his wife. Extras: Deleted/extended scenes, behind-the-scenes featurette. (Fox).

Inside (2007 -- France) Beatrice Dalle, Alysson Paradis, Nathalie Roussel, Franois-Regis Marchasson. Ultra-violent, horrifying thriller about a pregnant woman, still grieving over her recently deceased husband and alone on the eve of her delivery, who is terrorized by a raging psychopath determined to retrieve the baby from her womb by any means necessary. (The Weinstein Company/Genius Products).

Juno (2007) Director: Jason Reitman; Ellen Page, Michael Cera, Allison Janney, JK Simmons, Olivia Thirlby, Rainn Wilson, Jason Bateman, Jennifer Garner. Extras: Commentary by Jason Reitman and writer Diablo Cody, deleted scenes, gag reels, four featurettes: "Way Beyond 'Our' Maturity Level: Juno -- Leah - Bleeker," "Diablo Cody Is Totally Boss," "Jason Reitman for Shizz," "Honest to Blog! Creating Juno," cast and crew jam, screen tests. (Fox).

Lars and the Real Girl (2007) Ryan Gosling, Emily Mortimer, Paul Schneider, Kelli Garner, Patricia Clarkson, Nancy Beatty, Maxwell McCabe-Lokos, Karen Robinson. Extras: "Just Like All the Other Actors" and "The Real Story of Lars and the Real Girl" featurettes, deleted scene. (MGM).

Loch Ness Terror (2007) Brian Krause. Somehow the residents of Lake Superior are falling prey to the Loch Ness monster. Extras: "The Making of Loch Ness Terror" featurette. (Sony).

Mannequin/Mannequin 2: On the Move - Double bill with "Mannequin" (1987) starring Andrew McCarthy, Kim Cattrall, Estelle Gett, James Spader and "Mannequin 2" (1991) starring Kristy Swanson and William Ragsdale. (MGM).

These two movies don't belong together. One's just a cheap remake of the other.

Melrose Place: The Fourth Season (1995-96)) Nine-disc set with 32 episodes, $61.99. (Paramount).

The first episode of this season was a blast.

A Passage to India (1984) Dir.: David Lean; Judy Davis, Victor Banerjee, Peggy Ashcroft, James Fox, Alec Guinness. Two-disc collector's edition. Extras: Commentary by producer Richard Goodwin, "E.M. Forster: A Profile of an Author" featurette, "An Epic Takes Shape" featurette, "An Indian Affair" production featurette, "Only Connect: A Vision of India" post-production featurette, "Casting a Classic" featurette, "David Lean: Shooting with the Master," "Reflections of David Lean" featurette. Also available on Blu-ray Disc. (Sony).

The Pied Piper of Hutzovina (2008) In the summer of 2004, on a car journey in Eastern Europe, Pavla Fleischer met and fell in love with Eugene Hutz, lead singer of the New York-based Gypsy Punk band Gogol Bordello. Captivated by his energy and his musical verve, and desperate to get to know him better, she decided to make a film about him. The Pied Piper of Hutzovina follows Eugene and Pavla on their subsequent road trip through Eugene's' home country, Ukraine. The film is the story of two people traveling together on two very different courses. Her aim is to rediscover a forgotten romance; his is to rediscover his roots. She hopes to find love on the road; he hopes to find musical inspiration from the gypsy culture he is determined to preserve. $19.95. (Arts Alliance America).

A Room With a View (2007 - U.K. TV) Elaine Cassidy, Laurence Fox, Rafe Spall. (WGBH Boston Video).

A Shot at Love With Tila Tequila - Three-disc set with 11 uncensored episodes, $39.99. Extras: Deleted scenes. (Paramount).

SpongeBob SquarePants: Pest of The West - Seven SpongeBob episodes, $16.99. (Nickelodeon/Paramount).

War/Dance (2007) Three children living in a displacement camp in northern Uganda compete in their country's national music and dance festival. Academy Award nominee for Best Documentary Feature. (ThinkFilm).

Last edited by Dabney Donovan; 2008-04-13 5:11 PM. Reason: unmarked edits are for pussies

JPJ to Danbey Donavan

"That never gets old."
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
youtellemrex

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Before the Devil Knows You're Dead (2007) Dir.: Sidney Lumet; Philip Seymour Hoffman, Ethan Hawke, Albert Finney, Marisa Tomei. Extras: Commentary by Lumet, Hoffman and Ethan Hawke, "Directed by Sidney Lumet: How The Devil Was Made" featurette. (ThinkFilm).

Marissa Tomei-the most gorgeous creature who ever lived that I didn't marry-gets topless in this one.

I am SO there.

1000+ posts
OP Offline
1000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: MisterJLA
youtellemrex

You should borrow sneaky bunny's keyboard. Her space bar's timing is off, but at least it works.

JPJ to Danbey Donavan

"That never gets old."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
youtellemrex

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Alien Nation: Ultimate Movie Collection -
Aliens vs. Predator -- Requiem
Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
Juno

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
1000+ posts
OP Offline
1000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Dabney Donovan
youtellemrex

You should borrow sneaky bunny's keyboard. Her space bar's timing is off, but at least it works.

JPJ to Danbey Donavan

"That never gets old."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
youtellemrex

1000+ posts
OP Offline
1000+ posts
My sides are splitting. Guffaw guffaw.

youtellemrex

JPJ to Danbey Donavan

"That never gets old."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I keep reading that as "Her space bra's timing is off."

Does Bunny have a space bra?

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
1000+ posts
OP Offline
1000+ posts
Yes, she keeps it in the top drawer with her galactic panties and her cosmic stockings. Dear me I can't stop laughing, guffaw guffaw.

JPJ to Danbey Donavan

"That never gets old."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
uh hee uh hee! You said panties!

Oh,I think I peed myself....

1000+ posts
OP Offline
1000+ posts
Which reminds me. She pees in an interplanetary shower.

JPJ to Danbey Donavan

"That never gets old."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Is that anything like a "meteor shower"?

100+ posts
100+ posts

Link Copied to Clipboard