Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Don't look up here for a joke. There's one hanging over your seat.
1000+ posts
OP Offline
Don't look up here for a joke. There's one hanging over your seat.
1000+ posts
http://www.onvideo.org/calendar/cal_dvd.htm#Apr22

April 22

The Best of Backyard Habitat, Volume 1 Collection of 12 episodes of the do-it-yourself backyard makeover series, $14.95. (Genius Products).

Black House (2007 - South Korea) Gory horror thriller about an insurance claims agent who faces off with a client whom he suspects of committing murders with the intention of collecting insurance premiums ... but he digs a bit too deep for his own good. Extras: Deleted scenes, "The Truth About Psychopaths" making-of featurette, "The Secrets of the Black House" production design featurette. (Genius Products).

Call of the Wild (2000) Animal Planet live-action adventure based on Jack London's novel, $14.98. (Allumination FilmWorks).

Casanova's Love Letters (2005 -- TV) Patrick Bergin, Tom Frederic, David Acton, Sophie Lovell Anderson. Docudrama miniseries follows the exploits of the "World's Greatest Lover." Three-disc set. Extras: "Casanova's Last Stand" drama with Armand Assante. (BFS Entertainment).

Charlie Wilson's War (2008) Dir.: Mike Nichols; Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Adams, Om Puri, Jud Tylor, Nazanin Boniadi. Extras: "The Making of Charlie Wilson's War," "Who Is Charlie Wilson?" (Universal).

Cloverfield (2008) Michael Stahl-David, Mike Vogel, Odette Yustman, Lizzy Caplan, JessicaLucas, T. J. Miller. Extras: Commentary by director Matt Reeves, "The Making of Cloverfield," "I Saw It! It's Alive, It's Huge" featurette, visual effects featurettes, "Clover Fun," deleted scenes, two alternate endings. (Paramount).

Dam Street (2005 -- China) Xingrao Huang. A 16-year-old girl is ostracized from her small community when she becomes pregnant out of wedlock and is forced to work as a singer in a song and dance troupe. (First Run Features).

A Date With Judy (1948) Wallace Beery, Jane Powell, Elizabeth Taylor, Carmen Miranda, Robert Stack. (Warner).

Death of a Cyclist (1955 -- Spain) Lucia Bose, Alberto Closas, Otello Toso, Carlos Casaravilla, Bruna Corra. Tale of guilt, infidelity, and blackmail after a wealthy married couple hit a cyclist and run; reveals the wide gap between the rich and the poor in Spain, and surveys the corrupt ethics of a society seduced by decadence. New, restored high-definition digital transfer. Extras: "Calle Bardem" (2005), a documentary on the revolutionary life and career of director Juan Antonio Bardem, plus a booklet featuring an essay by scholar Marsha Kinder and a 1955 essay by Bardem on Spanish cinema. (The Criterion Collection).
Flashpoint(2007 - Hong Kong) A police detective (Donnie Yen ) battles three brothers of a powerful Vietnamese gang. Two-disc ultimate edition. Extras: Deleted scenes, commentary, behind-the-scenes gallery, interview with Donnie Yen, more. (Dragon Dynasty/Weinstein Co./Genius Products).

Friday Night Lights: The Second Season (2007-08) Four-disc set with 15 episodes, $29.98. Extras: Deleted scenes, commentaries, cast and crew interview. (Universal).

Gumby the Movie (1995) In this feature effort based on the 1950s "claymation" cartoon series, the crazy Blockheads threaten to ruin Gumby's benefit concert for farmers by replacing the band with clones. Extras: Deleted scenes. (Classic Media).

Hannah Takes the Stairs (2007) Greta Gerwig, Mark Duplass, Kent Osborne, Andrew Bujalski. Hannah is a recent college graduate interning at a Chicago production company where she is crushing on two writers at work, Matt and Paul, who share an office and keep her entertained. Will a relationship with one of them disrupt the delicate balance of their friendship? Part of the "MumbleCore" film movement characterized by ultra-low budget production (often employing digital video cameras), focus on personal relationships between twentysomethings, improvised scripts, and non-professional actors. Extras: Deleted scenes, "Behind the Scenes of Hannah Takes the Stairs," the short film "Thanks for the Add! A Short Film by John Swanberg" with Greta Gerwig and Kent Osborne, commentary by writer-director Joe Swanberg and lead actors/co-writers Greta Gerwig and Kent Osbornem, five SXSW Film Festival video production diary spots. (Genius Products).

Last Request (2006) T.R. Knight, Danny Aiello, Mario Cantone, Frank Vincent, Sabrina Lloyd, Joe Piscopo, Vincent Pastore, Tony Lo Bianco, Barbara Feldon, Mary Birdsong, Gilbert Gottfried. Pop's last request is for his sons to continue the family name. When his brother dies trying, Jeff leaves the seminary and encounters crazy women and oddball characters in an effort to honor his dad's request. (MTI Home Video).

Merrill's Marauders (1962) Dir.: Samuel Fuller; Jeff Chandler, Ty Hardin, Peter Brown, Andrew Duggan, Will Hutchins, Claude Akins. (Warner).

Mist: The Tale of a Sheepdog Puppy (2006 -- TV) A sheepdog pup tries to impress her boss with her skills while coping with gruff and grumpy rams; $14.98. Extras: Deleted scenes. (Allumination FilmWorks).

Oban Star-Racers Volume One: The Alwas Cycle (2006) Two-disc set with all 13 Uncut Episodes of the 2-D and 3-D animated futuristic sci fi series, $19.99. Extras: Behind-the-scenes featurette, interview with creator Savin Yeatman-Eiffel, star-racer profiles, rare, original concept art. (Shout! Factory).

One Missed Call (2008) Ed Burns, Shannyn Sossamon, Ana Claudia Talancon, Ray Wise, Azura Skye, Johnny Lewis, Jason Beghe, Margaret Cho. Also available on HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc. (Warner).

The Orphanage (2007 -- Spain) Belen Rueda, Fernando Cayo, Geraldine Chaplin, Montserrat Carulla, Mabel Rivera, Andres Gertrudix, Roger Princep. Extras: "When Laura Grew Up: Constructing The Orphanage" featurette, "Horror in the Unknown: Make-Up" featurette, "Rehearsal Studio" with director and cast, still gallery. Also available on Blu-ray Disc. (New Line).

Romulus, My Father (2007) Eric Bana, Franka Potente, Kodi Smit-McPhee. Story of Romulus, a young Slavian immigrant, his beautiful wife Christina, and their struggle in the face of great adversity to bring up their son, Raimond, in the Australian outback ... a story of impossible love that ultimately celebrates the unbreakable bond between father and son. Based on the acclaimed memoir by Australian philosopher Raimond Gaita. Extras: Making-of featurette, deleted scenes, storyboards. (Magnolia Home Entertainment).

The Savages (2007) Dir.: Tamara Jenkins; Laura Linney, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Philip Bosco, Peter Friedman, Gbenga Akinnagbe, Cara Seymour. Extras: "About the Savage" featurette, director's snapshots, "The Sun City West Rhythm Tappers" extended scene, "Two of a Kind " extended scene. (Fox).

Sick Nurses (2007 -- Thailand) A group of sexy nurses who harvest organs are haunted by the vengeful spirit of one of their dead patients. (Magnolia Home Entertainment).

The Shirley Temple Collection Volume 6Three-disc set with "Young People" (1940), "Stowaway" (1936) and the John Ford classic "Wee Willie Winkie" (1937), co-starring Victor McLaglen (in black-and-white and colorized versions); $29.98 the set or $14.98 each. (Fox).

Silent Ozu: Three Family Comedies (Eclipse Series #10) No-frills box set of three comedies by the great director Yasujiro Ozu: "Tokyo Chorus" (1931), "I Was Born But . . ." (1932) and "Passing Fancy" (1933); $44.95. (The Criterion Collection).

Thieves and Liars (2006 -- Spanish) Steven Bauer, Isidro Bobadilla, Elpidia Carrillo. Three different families are affected by the giant underground illegal economy that emerged and continues to grow since Puerto Rico became the main port of entry for cocaine into the U. S. East Coast. (Warner).

Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! Season 1 - Ten episodes of the Adult Swim series. Extras: "How'd Dey Do Dat??" "Lost Gems and Deleted Scenes," "AwesomCon," "Oops and Ding Dongs," "Promos," "GREAT! (But Not Great Enough): Extended Scenes and Missing Moments." (Warner).

We Are the Music! (1964 -- Cuba) A documentary on the genesis of the music from the Buena Vista Social Club, $29.95. (First Run Features).

Wetlands Preserved: The Story of an Activist Rock Club (2008) Documentary tracks the history of the first-ever activist nightclub, set up in the 1990s in an ex-Chinese restaurant in New York City. Features interviews and concert footage with Dave Matthews, Warren Haynes (of the Allman Brothers Band), Bob Weir, Phish, Blues Traveler, more. $24.95. Extras: Outtakes, concert footage, photo gallery, more. (First Run Features).

(Knock yourself out, JLA or "em" or whatever other name you call yourself in the third person. I don't care.)

Last edited by Dabney Donovan; 2008-04-20 8:40 PM. Reason: unmarked edits are for pussies

JPJ to Danbey Donavan

"That never gets old."
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Black House
Charlie Wilson's War
Mist: The Tale of a Sheepdog Puppy

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Dabney Donovan

(Knock yourself out, JLA or "em" or whatever other name you call yourself in the third person. I don't care.)

You tell 'em, rex!

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
100+ posts
100+ posts

Link Copied to Clipboard