Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
100+ posts
100+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
Alright, since I'm such a nice guy, I'll give Danny a hint.

Now Danny, what exactly did those quotes you pulled proceed? Mull over this one carefully 'cuz I know it's pretty easy for you to miss.

Is this another one of those syllogisms that you pull out of your ass? Cause I'm not intrested in chasing shadows as part of your cowardly denial.

If there was any real substance to it you'd post it yourself.

25+ posts
25+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Dan Blocker
Alright, since I'm such a nice guy, I'll give Danny a hint.

Now Danny, what exactly did those quotes you pulled proceed? Mull over this one carefully 'cuz I know it's pretty easy for you to miss.

Is this another one of those syllogisms that you pull out of your ass? Cause I'm not intrested in chasing shadows as part of your cowardly denial.

Indeed. Do not enable him.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

No. No syllogisms Danny. I promise.

All you have to do is figure out the chronology of the quotes you posted. Like, for instance, what came before and after them.

25+ posts
25+ posts

All you have to do is figure out the chronology of the quotes you posted. Like, for instance, what came before and after them.

This subterfuge shows that you are afraid to put your cards down on the table.

25+ posts
25+ posts

Son, even I know when to quit.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Dr Fate

Stop just standing there and help Danny dammit! He's racking his brain trying to figure this out!

100+ posts
100+ posts

Stop just standing there and help Danny dammit! He's racking his brain trying to figure this out!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
*sigh* I gave you a chance to turn back Danny. Just know that much.

So you can't be the aggressor cause your board is filled with a aggressive posters?

Exactly. We kept to ourselves doing what we usually do because that's our local custom.

On the other hand, you came here for the exact purpose of changing our morality and verbal traditions. That would make you the aggressors.

To which Danny replied:

This is weak.

You guys ganged up on Whomod so we came. We don't care about your stupid traditions anymore then you care for our rules.

And so:

Apparently you do since you're coming here for the sake of someone who's been here for years and can attest to the nature of this place. And yet, even after the thorough understanding of what a person must put up with if they decide to stay here, you still feel there's warrant to come here for the sake of justice. The problem here is that your definition of justice seems to be wholly different from ours.

We've already explained that you're no different from anyone else on this board in the way you interact with other posters, but all the same you still feel that you're a unique snowflake falling on this wasteland of ours.

By this logic you care about our rules cause you bitch about them.

It's a basic action/reaction thing. Deal with it.

I don't bitch about them. I say you're stupid for pretending they're relevant.

You don't have to react to us, and yet you choose to.

That's bitching.

We chose to react to your aggressions. That much is true.

*IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT HE EDITED THAT SECOND SENTENCE IN*

All that means is that you pick and choose what scenario qualifies as "bitching" according to what's convenient for you.

You've said multiple times are rules are stupid. Bitching.

Actually, it's just a statement of fact.

If I actually went over to your boards and then petitioned you through spam and alts to change your rules, due to them being stupid, then that would qualify as "bitching."

Now here's where we switch from Danny to Daniel!

Originally Posted By: Daniel Plainview

Hello kettle? This is the pot. You're black.

You've misused the phrase; I don't have a rules to contradict here and I haven't migrated to your board to give you lectures.

Pariah is claiming to own a phrase probaly older then everyone on this board? No wonder he's gotta go after minors.

How exactly does stating the proper use of the phrase qualify as me saying that I own it?

You don't get to decide that. The basic message of the phrase was clear.

His intent was clear based on the context of the situation, but that doesn't mean his message was clear. Because he made an erroneous comparison between my intentions and the Insurgency intentions, his point made no sense. In which case, he misused the phrase and made an ass out of himself.

You've misused the phrase; I don't have a rules to contradict here and I haven't migrated to your board to give you lectures.

Actually, friend, I'm paraphrasing its usage from a once popular television program (Friends, if you're feeling froggy). So I didn't, in point of fact, misuse the phrase. Perhaps if you got off the computer every so often and socialized with non-fuck wits you'd learn something...and maybe you'd stop trying to fuck minors. But I kind of doubt it.

What does you paraphrasing it have to do with the fact that you've misjudged the propriety of its use?

The phrase has been around longer than Friends.

To which Danny cleverly replied with:

Because he didn't. You're a reaching.

Actually, he did. I explained specifically that he misinterpreted my intentions for posting on messageboards for his own and therefore his attempt at being witty failed. No reaching has been done.

Don't assume. It makes an ass out of you, not me.

There are no assumptions. As I said, and Dan agrees, your intent was clear. Your execution was not.

Once again, .

You are in this very conversation doing the thing you are accusing the Insurgents of doing (that'd be reacting to us, whilst feigning to be above such things), therefore you are the kettle. You, good sir, are black. Figuratively speaking, anyway.

PS I win. That's how it's done around here, right?

Once again, .

You are in this very conversation doing the thing you are accusing the Insurgents of doing (that'd be reacting to us, whilst feigning to be above such things), therefore you are the kettle. You, good sir, are black. Figuratively speaking, anyway.

I come here to post. I'm posting.

I don't come here to go to your board in reaction to your "rules."

Thank you for playing.

And then he torches my ass with:

Straw man. No wonder you guys "win" all of your arguments here. You cheat.

WHOA!!

No strawman was used. I let your words speak for themselves and I responded to them.

I deflect your strawman.

And Danny was just so incredibly witty with:

Of course you do

Seek help. Seriously.

Carefully presenting and refuting a weakened form of an opponent's argument is not always itself a fallacy. It can refocus the scope of an argument or be a legitimate step of a proof by exhaustion. In contrast the straw man fallacy occurs in the following pattern:

1. Person A has position X.

2. Person B ignores X and instead presents position Y. Y is a distorted version of X and can be set up in several ways, including:

1. Presenting a misrepresentation of the opponent's position and then refuting it, thus giving the appearance that the opponent's actual position has been refuted.
2. Quoting an opponent's words out of context -- i.e., choosing quotations that are not representative of the opponent's actual intentions (see contextomy and quote mining).
3. Presenting someone who defends a position poorly as the defender and then refuting that person's arguments, thus giving the appearance that every upholder of that position, and thus the position itself, has been defeated.[1]
4. Inventing a fictitious persona with actions or beliefs that are criticized, such that the person represents a group of whom the speaker is critical.
5. Oversimplifying an opponent's argument, then attacking the simplified version.

3. Person B attacks position Y.

4. Person B draws a conclusion that X is false/incorrect/flawed. This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself.

I used your exact quote and I responded to it with a direct statement. Not an interpretation of your meaning. You're floundering.

And then after all this conversation with mainly me formulating the arguments, Danny very smartly observes.

You say that, but you never manage to come up with anything other than denial as a retort. That's why I said you proved Doc's point before. BTW, Doc has always been right.

There has been no denial. I have specifically pointed out the difference between responding to posters on your home board versus migrating to another board to tell the posters there that they are evil immoral individuals that are going to hell.

I'm sure you'd like that to be a strawman, but it's not.

And then, of course:

You say that, but you never manage to come up with anything other than denial as a retort. That's why I said you proved Doc's point before. BTW, Doc has always been right.

There has been no denial. I have specifically pointed out the difference between responding to posters on your home board versus migrating to another board to tell the posters there that they are evil immoral individuals that are going to hell.

Quote:
No guilt, no weakness, no contradictions. Just your own bias.

Quote:
Actually, it doesn't. Try again.

Quote:

Quote:
There has been no denial.

I'm sensing a pattern here...

Which are abridged quotes that precede and proceed full responses in other respective posts that have nothing to do with Daniel or our original conversations.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Danny's response:

"This is weak! You're reaching! I broke you!! I BROKE YOU DAMMIT!! I BROKE YOU!!!"

25+ posts
25+ posts

So you can't be the aggressor cause your board is filled with a aggressive posters?

Exactly. We kept to ourselves doing what we usually do because that's our local custom.

On the other hand, you came here for the exact purpose of changing our morality and verbal traditions. That would make you the aggressors.

To which Danny replied:

This is weak.

You guys ganged up on Whomod so we came. We don't care about your stupid traditions anymore then you care for our rules.

And so:

Apparently you do since you're coming here for the sake of someone who's been here for years and can attest to the nature of this place. And yet, even after the thorough understanding of what a person must put up with if they decide to stay here, you still feel there's warrant to come here for the sake of justice. The problem here is that your definition of justice seems to be wholly different from ours.

We've already explained that you're no different from anyone else on this board in the way you interact with other posters, but all the same you still feel that you're a unique snowflake falling on this wasteland of ours.

That's bitching.

All that means is that you pick and choose what scenario qualifies as "bitching" according to what's convenient for you.

If I actually went over to your boards and then petitioned you through spam and alts to change your rules, due to them being stupid, then that would qualify as "bitching."

Pariah is claiming to own a phrase probaly older then everyone on this board? No wonder he's gotta go after minors.

How exactly does stating the proper use of the phrase qualify as me saying that I own it?

His intent was clear based on the context of the situation, but that doesn't mean his message was clear. Because he made an erroneous comparison between my intentions and the Insurgency intentions, his point made no sense. In which case, he misused the phrase and made an ass out of himself.

Actually, friend, I'm paraphrasing its usage from a once popular television program (Friends, if you're feeling froggy). So I didn't, in point of fact, misuse the phrase. Perhaps if you got off the computer every so often and socialized with non-fuck wits you'd learn something...and maybe you'd stop trying to fuck minors. But I kind of doubt it.

What does you paraphrasing it have to do with the fact that you've misjudged the propriety of its use?

Actually, he did. I explained specifically that he misinterpreted my intentions for posting on messageboards for his own and therefore his attempt at being witty failed. No reaching has been done.

There are no assumptions. As I said, and Dan agrees, your intent was clear. Your execution was not.

Once again, .

Once again, .

Thank you for playing.

WHOA!!

No strawman was used. I let your words speak for themselves and I responded to them.

I deflect your strawman.

Of course you do

Seek help. Seriously.

Carefully presenting and refuting a weakened form of an opponent's argument is not always itself a fallacy. It can refocus the scope of an argument or be a legitimate step of a proof by exhaustion. In contrast the straw man fallacy occurs in the following pattern:

2. Person B ignores X and instead presents position Y. Y is a distorted version of X and can be set up in several ways, including:

1. Presenting a misrepresentation of the opponent's position and then refuting it, thus giving the appearance that the opponent's actual position has been refuted.
2. Quoting an opponent's words out of context -- i.e., choosing quotations that are not representative of the opponent's actual intentions (see contextomy and quote mining).
3. Presenting someone who defends a position poorly as the defender and then refuting that person's arguments, thus giving the appearance that every upholder of that position, and thus the position itself, has been defeated.[1]
4. Inventing a fictitious persona with actions or beliefs that are criticized, such that the person represents a group of whom the speaker is critical.
5. Oversimplifying an opponent's argument, then attacking the simplified version.

4. Person B draws a conclusion that X is false/incorrect/flawed. This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because attacking a distorted version of a position simply does not constitute an attack on the position itself.

I used your exact quote and I responded to it with a direct statement. Not an interpretation of your meaning. You're floundering.

And then after all this conversation with mainly me formulating the arguments, Danny very smartly observes.

And then, of course:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Which are abridged quotes that precede and proceed full responses in other respective posts that have nothing to do with Daniel or our original conversations.

It is as I suspected. A red-herring that has nothing to do with the Pariah's denial. This is nothing but a desperate ploy in the hopes no one will read through a long post. Pariah doesn't even quote my conversation with him where the denials took place.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Is he right Doctor Fate? Can it be true!?

25+ posts
25+ posts

Is he right Doctor Fate? Can it be true!?

Yes, it is.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Quote:
The typed carries as much meaning as that of the spoken word.

Quote:
In the abstract sense though, typed words have just as much consequence for they have demanded a reaction from you.

Sorry Confucius, but your "pedophile" cat-calls haven't, and won't, make me lose sleep.

That sounds more like your own personal character flaw.

Bringer of Change
400+ posts
Bringer of Change
400+ posts
Hey "Pariah," allow me to let you in on a little secret: Nobody gives a shit about you here. You're getting ripped to shreds at every turn. Where are your friends? Who will stand with you against us? No one. You have been thrown to the dogs. We will feast upon your carcass until until the bones remain. Leave this place.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Yes, it is.

And yet Danny was wrong. As you can see, Daniel and Danny both had their hands full trying to come up with terse comments to my full fledged arguments throughout this thread.

Poor Doctor Fate.

Define subjectivity for me. Tell me again what the weight of words are upon all people's psyches and then tell me how one can refute something that's simply a lie through and through.

Last edited by Pariah; 2008-05-24 10:20 PM.
25+ posts
25+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Rellik
Hey "Pariah," allow me to let you in on a little secret: Nobody gives a shit about you here. You're getting ripped to shreds at every turn. Where are your friends? Who will stand with you against us? No one. You have been thrown to the dogs. We will feast upon your carcass until until the bones remain. Leave this place.

It is alright Rellik. Pariah is akin to a Ourobus. He will destroy himself.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Or I'll just expand like the blob!

25+ posts
25+ posts
Yes, it is.

Define subjectivity for me. Tell me again what the weight of words are upon all people's psyches and then tell me how one can refute something that's simply a lie through and through.

What you don't understand Pariah, it is not my words that incriminate you. It is your own and how they stray from the topic at hand.

100+ posts
100+ posts
Yeah I have pretty much no idea what any of that has to do with Pariah's denial. Those aren't even the same quotes that I posted.

100+ posts
100+ posts
Yes, it is.

And yet Danny was wrong. As you can see, Daniel and Danny both had their hands full trying to come up with terse comments to my full fledged arguments throughout this thread.

Poor Doctor Fate.

Are you so angry that you can't think straight? Is that why you had to go back and edit all that stuff in?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
What you don't understand Pariah, it is not my words that incriminate you. It is your own and how they stray from the topic at hand.

That's just the thing. The topic at hand seems to be zig-zagging quite a bit. If it's not Danny feeling butt-hurt over me correcting Daniel's stupidity, then it's Danny's trying to one up my post count, then it's me being in denial, then it's me making straw mans, then it's me humiliating you in another thread and Danny denying it, then it's Rellik touching Whomod's daughter--Just pick one already.

Rex's MASTER
500+ posts
OP Offline
Rex's MASTER
500+ posts

To which Danny replied:

This is weak.

And so:

That's bitching.

Once again, .

Once again, .

Thank you for playing.

WHOA!!

I deflect your strawman.

Of course you do

Seek help. Seriously.

And then, of course:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Well God DAMN! I'd say you've gotten under this prick's skin. Excellent work.

Zzap!

P.S. Wait for his next post in which he denies that we're winning. I told you guys last night that this fake Pariah was dense.

Last edited by Captain Zzap; 2008-05-24 10:28 PM.

Rex 5/24/08 "You know how you say Zzap! at the end of every post? Thats hella cool. I'm gonna start doing it."

Wonder Boy the racist pedophile - 5/24/08 - "I wish someone would embed that cute little African AMERICAN mouthing your COCK."

Rex's sexual confusion - May 25, 2008 - "I am a woman. and no, I will not show you any pictures."

First Among Daves homo obsession with my hands - May 25, 2008 - "I'm guessing the rest of the fingernails on your soft and supple hands are long. Big palms, soft skin with no callouses. Perhaps you moisturise so the flesh on your hands stays a little wet."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Yeah I have pretty much no idea what any of that has to do with Pariah's denial. Those aren't even the same quotes that I posted.

Which is the point isn't it. You ignored this entire thread for the sake of rounding off my character with a "denial" blanket-statement that only pays attention to another thread in which the quotes you pulled were actually complemented by the context of other posts made by me.

To put it simply Danny: You're an idiot.

100+ posts
100+ posts
 Quote:

Zzap!

P.S. Wait for his next post in which he denies that we're winning. I told you guys last night that this fake Pariah was dense.

A big post is one thing, but that hasn't got shit to do with anything we're talking about. He's dead in the water.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Captain Zzap

To which Danny replied:

This is weak.

And so:

That's bitching.

Once again, .

Once again, .

Thank you for playing.

WHOA!!

I deflect your strawman.

Of course you do

Seek help. Seriously.

And then, of course:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Zzap!

I WIN AGAIN!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Quote:

Zzap!

A big post is one thing, but that hasn't got shit to do with anything we're talking about. He's dead in the water.

Which is the point isn't it. You ignored this entire thread for the sake of rounding off my character with a "denial" blanket-statement that only pays attention to another thread in which the quotes you pulled were actually complemented by the context of other posts made by me.

100+ posts
100+ posts

The subject was your denial, not our previous arguments that had nothing to do with denial. So...who's an idiot?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
The subject was your denial, not our previous arguments that had nothing to do with denial. So...who's an idiot?

You tried to hussle in your "denial" finagle so as to distract from the fact that I made a fool of you and Daniel. But I didn't let you and dismissed your blanket-statement--Embarrassing you for the 12th time.

I win again.

100+ posts
100+ posts
I WIN AGAIN!

Yup. He's a goner.

100+ posts
100+ posts

You tried to hussle in your "denial" finagle so as to distract from the fact that I made a fool of you and Daniel. But I didn't let you and dismissed your blanket-statement--Embarrassing you for the 12th time.

I win again.

That's nice and all but what does it have to do with proving I editted or abridged your posts? You don't even know which conversation you're having right now let alone things you say in the past.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
That's nice and all but what does it have to do with proving I editted or abridged your posts? You don't even know which conversation you're having right now let alone things you say in the past.

You see? You're trying to distract from the fact that those quotes weren't characteristic of my entire posting history with you and Fate in hopes that I'll suddenly forget that you tried so desperately to pull poor Daniel from the fire and only ended up drowning in your own hypocrisy (see also: "That's week" and "You're reaching").

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
 Originally Posted By: rex
I can't wait to witness your brilliance.

Your extremism is indicative of the lack of wit that you lambaste the Insurgents for. It does not require "brilliance" to do better than such banality.

you just ended a sentence with a preposition.

Rob #951792 2008-05-25 2:39 AM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Rob Kamphausen
in times new roman, no less!

I know! He's like that over at their board, too!

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
here's century gothic in your eye!!

giant picture
Rob #951801 2008-05-25 2:51 AM
25+ posts
25+ posts
Bump cause IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII feel like it!

Rob's board fears the BUMP!
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
it was the century gothic, wasn't it

giant picture
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Wow. You bumped a thread near the top of the forum. You're a real rebel.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
rex #951817 2008-05-25 3:00 AM
25+ posts
25+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
Wow. You bumped a thread near the top of the forum. You're a real rebel.

Bump cause rex is a real life genuine sarcasm prodigy

Rob's board fears the BUMP!
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
...I don't get it...

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Neither does he.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard