Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sikkbones
1500+ posts
OP Offline
Sikkbones
1500+ posts
Sure we're getting NWO version 8 million, and Hollywood Hulkster, and mick foley, but it's not really going to bring in new viewers on a week to week basis. Jeff Hardy in a main event program with Styles could do it, but who else could they bring in (realistically) and have people actually take notice.

I think if a Randy Orton or John Cena (not likely) came in, THAT is what would cause headlines...not an old man who'se best days were in the 80's and 90's.

Your picks?

Brock Lesnar. The only person without a WWE contract with has enough cred to really change the game.

I do believe their is enough older wrestling fans that would still take notice if Goldberg showed up in the iMPACT Zone. I have no idea what he would do but I think it would make a decent splash. Rock and Austin are the only ones however outside of major WWE contracted guys that I believe could push them to a new level.

I would honestly think the biggest Impact would be made by a Brock Lesnar. I know it's highly unlikely and would be very expensive to TNA, but TNA doesn't seem to have a problem fitting the bill for tons of other pieces of dead weight, they could probably get rid of a bunch to pay what he would ask.

I could see a very SLIM possibility of Brock trying to retrain himself for MMA and realizing that after his bout of Diverticulitis, it may not be the best idea. I had a foot of my colon removed in 2005 for the same reason(I'd developed Diverticulitis which had, in turn, perforated my colon) and I can see where he may have some problems.
So, say he decides that wrestling is where it's at where yes, he'll have to take bumps, but that area will be a fairly large target to any MMA opponents and could cause real damage. So then he decides that TNA is where it's at, being as the schedule is lighter and he may indeed have more impact there.

So he comes in. He debuts and cuts a promo saying that he left WWE because of the sports-entertainment aspect, he wants a real challenge. Everyone knows of his injury and he had to reassess things afterward, so decided to come to TNA. Here, they have a real chance to differentiate themselves from WWE by focusing on the athletics, etc.

http://www.finalstage.ca
http:www.459.betrayer.ca
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
Owen Hart.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
With Woman as his valet.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53
Owen Hart.

It'd be really nice if he could just drop in for an appearance.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

I wonder if Mike Awesome is still hanging around.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Benoit would help TNA make a killing.

Link Copied to Clipboard