Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
10000+ posts
OP Offline
10000+ posts
This match comes to you courtesy of Darknight613. If any more of you have any suggestions for future matches, shoot me a PM and I'll get 'em up here as soon as possible. 'Til then, enjoy!

The Contenders

-
Deathstroke the Terminator

(Bio taken from Titan's Tower and Deathstroke the Terminator)

Slade WIlson
Group Affiliation: None
Base of Operations: Mobile
Height: 6’4”
Weight: 225 lbs.
Eyes: Blue (the remaining one, that is)
Hair: White
Powers: Deathstroke has heightened strength, agility, stamina and reflexes. In addition, he has rapid-healing powers and is immortal, being able to return from the grave and regenerate himself.
Special Skills: Slade Wilson is capable of using 90% of his brain capacity, making him a master tactician. The right eye he lost has since been restored with an artificial eye, equipped with infrared vision. Slade also has years of combat training. He is above average in hand to hand combat and is skilled in use of all kinds of weaponry.
Origin: Slade Wilson was a military man who was selected to be part of a special training program. He and several other men were taken to a special camp and trained by Adeline Kane. They were weeded out one by one until he was the only one left. Having proven that he was the best, they gave him an injection that made him physically superior to mere humans and immortal. He fought for the military for a while longer but eventually married Adeline Kane and tried settling down. Becoming restless, he started hiring himself out as a mercenary. Eventually, he was hired for criminal activities. He went up against the Titans time and time again, managing to stay just a bit ahead of them. Eventually, he joined them in order to take down his son, Joseph, who had been possessed by evil entities. He stayed with them for a time and then eventually set out on his own again.
First Appearance: NEW TEEN TITANS #2

-
Deadpool
(Bio taken from Marvel Directory)

Wade Wilson
Group Affiliation: None
Base of Operations: Mobile
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 210 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Bald
Powers: Deadpool possesses a mutant healing factor, which was a recreation of the one taken from the mutant X-Man, Wolverine.
Special Skills: Wade Wilson is an extraordinary hand-to-hand combatant and is skilled in several unarmed combat technique. Deadpool employs a number of weapons, including various blades and guns, which he utilizes as both a master marksman and swordsman. He also relies on a teleportation device to whisk him in and out of danger.
Origin: A former gun-for-hire, Wade Wilson was diagnosed with cancer and signed himself over to a Weapon X facility for a promised treatment. While there, he was injected with a recreated sample of Wolverine’s mutant DNA which, while healing Wade of cancer, left his skin horribly disfigured. He was then deemed a failure by the higher-ups at Weapon X, placed in a ward with the other rejects. Escaping from the facility and killing many guards along the way, Wilson eventually surfaced as one of the most feared and sought after soldiers of fortune – Deadpool!
First Appearance: NEW MUTANTS #98

The Scenario

The villainess known as Roulette smiled to herself as the arena of yelling, screaming villains around her grew louder and louder, chanting for the beginning of the main bout that evening. The smell of liquor and sweat filled air as the woman watched from high atop her secured observation booth. She'd gone through a lot of trouble to secure these particular duelers and she was looking forward to a good, dirty fight... especially from these two.

At one side of the arena, a man in an orange and blue costume stood, slowly taking in the area around him. His bionic eye scanned the area, but he still didn't see any way out of his present predicament... any other way but to fight his way out. And, being as he was Deathstroke the Terminator, that was fine by him. Slade Wilson popped his neck as he slowly walked toward the center of the ring.

The man on the other side mimicked his movement inward. Wade Wilson, alias Deadpool, was never one to shirk from the necessity of an occasional fight... and if a fight to the death was what it took to get out of this place, then he'd be more than happy to oblige. Cracking his knuckles, he stopped near the edge of a circle in the middle of the arena at the exact same time as his opponent.

A feminine voice projected out over the arena caught the attention of both men.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to tonight's title bout, pitting two of our own against the other in mortal combat: Deathstroke the Terminator..."

Deathstroke cocked an eyebrow as a mixture of cheers and jeers filled his ears.

"...and Deadpool!" Deadpool's mask effectively negated any expression and, in all honesty, the Merc with the Mouth could care less about another fight.

"Tonight, only one of these men shall walk away alive! No weapons, no tricks... just hand-to-hand combat to the death. And now, without further ado... the Main Event!"

The cheers grew deafening as the combatants eyed one another.

"We could get outta this," Deathstroke offered.

"Fuck that!" Deadpool said, taking a step back, readying a kick. "Let's just do this, you fuckin' pussy!"

"Alright," Deathstroke said, taking a fighting stance himself. "But don't think I'll go easy on you, son..."

"Oooh... I'm shaking..." Deadpool sneered.

Then, at once, both men launched their attacks, much to the delight of the myriad of spectators surrounding them...

NOTE! - The author of this week's fight knows very little about the characters Deathstroke, Deadpool, and Roulette. Any writing of them out of character is completely accidental, as the author has never read many (if any) books they were featured in. Thank you for your patience!

The Results

YOU DECIDE!

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Too many DC fanboys here...

(including myself.)

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
I just don't see a contest here. Wade's healing factor won't help much against Slade (Slade Wilson. Wade Wilson. C'mon, Liefeld, you weren't even trying there. [yuh huh] ), this is key: "Slade Wilson is capable of using 90% of his brain capacity, making him a master tactician. "

Slade's taken down Bats. Let me say this again: Slade's taken down Batman. He took down the Titans. He would have no trouble with Deadpool.

Slade mops the floor with "Wade," then goes after Morrie's "anti-Batman," Prometheus and does him in as well.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I knew there was a reason I loved you....

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
i knew prometheus loved grimm

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
I did too. . .I mean, uh. . .wait. . . [DOH!]

Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Grimm:

....Slade's taken down Bats. Let me say this again: Slade's taken down Batman. He took down the Titans. He would have no trouble with Deadpool....

That may be true, but Deadpool's taken down Wolverine in full berserker rage mode.

Again, he took down WOLVERINE.

Wade massacres crews of well-trained killers without breaking a sweat.

I think this is a close match. I'd even dare say Deadpool could win this one if he takes his opponent seriously.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Deathstroke's also gone toe to toe Wolverine. Check out X-Men/Titans by Claremont and Simonson. A human leading squads of Parademons.

400+ posts
400+ posts
This match is pretty even, because each character is a master tactician. Deadpool was able to beat the Taskmaster (a man who by only seeing you can learn all your moves, and who posseses the knowledge of all the Avenger's characters) by outthinking him, he has beat Wolverine, and shitloads of others.
But of course, Deathstroke is immortal, which makes the whole thing kinda pointless.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by CrisLander:
But of course, Deathstroke is immortal, which makes the whole thing kinda pointless.

That's been written out.

There is no real debate, here.

Deadpool has beaten Wolverine (when and where exactly?).

So has Slade. While he was at it, he took Colossus, too.

Deadpool has taken down dozens of men, along with the Taskmaster.

Slade has taken down dozens of men, along with the entire fucking Titans (Wolvman/Perez era).

And Batman, as well.

Deadpool tried to make friends with the Punisher.

Slade physically nailed Lois Lane to the floor. He impaled Superman's girlfriend with his sword.

That's what you call 'balls'.

I mean, really, there is simply no contest, whatsoever.

Deathstroke is the best.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Kamphausen:
i knew prometheus loved grimm

Ah...but, I knew that you knew...

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
I didn't know that. I only knew that he knew that I knew that he knew that I knew. Not that you knew that he knew nor that I knew that he knew. You know?

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
no!

300+ posts
300+ posts
Wonder Woman kicked Slade's ass....

-

....(but WML was writing).. [wink]

500+ posts
500+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
Too many DC fanboys here...

(including myself.)

Based on the voting results, that's my conclusion as well. [...rassamnfrackin...]
I can honestly say I've never(until recently) heard of Deathstroke. The similarites between both of them are a bit disturbing though.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Can we get back to the subject?

. . .that being Pro's undying love for me. [humina humina] [nyah hah] [mwah hwah haa] :lol:

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Grimm:
Slade's taken down Bats. Let me say this again: Slade's taken down Batman.

That was going to be my argument.

300+ posts
300+ posts
But is that a good point? Cuz....

-

Ok, Ok, going to stop now! :lol:

10000+ posts
OP Offline
10000+ posts
I think Krazy's a Wondie fan! What do you guys think?

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Krazy? A WW fan? Naaaahhhhh. . . [wink]

2500+ posts
2500+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus:

Slade physically nailed Lois Lane to the floor. He impaled Superman's girlfriend with his sword.

He did WHAT?? When the fuck did THAT happen??? I gotta see that!

I also gotta give the win to Deathstroke.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
That Wonder Woman issue was written by Loebs so it shouldn't count.... He made her a fast food cashier for Pete's sake....

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Darknight613:
quote:
Originally posted by Prometheus:

He did WHAT?? When the fuck did THAT happen??? I gotta see that!

I also gotta give the win to Deathstroke.

Action Comics. About a year and a half ago. When Supes contracted Kryptonite poisoning. As the Atom raced to save him at STAR Labs, Deathstroke came to silence Encantadora (Joe Kelly's sorceress-type character, and the one who gave Kal the poisoning in the first place). Lois got in the way. He told her to move. She didn't. He slammed her to the floor, pulled his sword, and drove it straight through her left shoulder, effectively pinning her to the floor.

On a different note of a sort, I see how my initial wording can give a completely different take on the scene from just how I described it.

Freud, anyone? [wink]

10000+ posts
OP Offline
10000+ posts
While the new CBF is up, I'll keep this one headlined for a few days for those who would like to discuss the matter further... [wink]

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Deathstroke all the way......for lots of reasons.....but especially beacause he has the word "stroke" in his name.

Link Copied to Clipboard