Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
OP Offline
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
I warned ya, don't read if ya don't want to know.....

Some folks got ahold of it today and have told us what is what (for the most part)..................

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Here it is in their words.

"Warning the following post tells parts of the ending to hush if you don't wanna know this is your last chance to back out.

all comic shops get their inventory a day in advance but wait a day to release the books. Mine doesn't though so i just picked up 619 if you don't wanna know what happens don't read down

ok i have to say first off congrades to Jeph and Jim this story has kicked ass. I liked the ending a lot. A lot of people including myself thought the bandaged man was tommy elliot and of course we we're right. Tommy is Hush. I thought that it pretty lame of his reasons for hating bruce but then Harvey Dent coming out of left field and shooting him. At this point i'm think what the f***.

SO then comes out the explaination of the details. And for the most part it was a job well done. Then whos the mastermind........

The RIDDLER. thats right edward Nigma. He was the one that used the lazarus pit to cure cancer he had. He then approched Elliot ( who had diagnosed him with the cancer) and offered the cure for his mother. Elliot had other ideas. The pit apparently gave the Riddler a moment of clarity and he sloved the greastest riddle of all.

Thats all i'm saying cause i know people will say i ruined the ending. Cry me a river i've given you plenty of warning and i havn't revealed a lot of the story that connects the pieces. Plus its your choice to read this post. In all i've enjoied this arch and can't wait for them to come back and work on batman again. Thanks guys."

And..
"i should explain the two face issue cause i mentioned it. Two Face was going to be part of the group that was going to mess with bats. everyone wanted somthing. Elloit hated bruce, Riddler wanted to be taken seriously and seen as the genius he is, croc wanted a cure, ivy wanted money and "has a thing with catwoman" (quote from the book i kid you not), Harley Quinn wanted to work with joker, Clayface wanted money, Joker thought it would be a great joke on the bat.

Two Face wanted surgery to make him look normal again. Only when he had the surgery the Harvey Dent side of him took control again. He knew about the alliance and was the one that shot Tommy Elliot in the ally (who was really clayface i can't believe no one thought of that) Harvey shows up with gordan on the bridge and shoots HUSH double crossing the allance he had with them. Harvey Dent is back."

And..
"Lex Luthor isn't involved at all. Huntress is in the issue for about 2-3 pages talking about how she feels horrible she feel for elliots ploy and feels like she failed Batman. The Jason that was burried was just clayface. And i said Harvey shoots Tommy but they can't find his body.

you know what since there are so many questions ask away. I'm not saying i'll answer them all cause i feel bad now about telling the ending but i will answer a few. BTW no questions about Catwoman you'll find that out at the end."

And..
"I just read it about an hour ago....good stuff. But Loeb continues to leave a mystery within a mistery for fans to try and figure out. Why wouldnt Tommy let bruce see his face? We never actually see it at all...and of course no body. All this is going to take is one fanboy to scream conspiricy and it will be the Gilda Dent argument all over again. You guys from the LH and DV boards know what I mean.
the ending with Catwoman was sad, I really liked that relationship. Oh and how cool were both covers?"

And...
"Hey man, spoiler warnings were placed. Anyway, the device in Bats computer was giving off subliminaly messages, leading to bruce thinking of Tommy when he needed a surgen, and then during surgery a homing device was placed inside bruces skull so Hush can locate him. Later Superman finds it and burns it. Gordons roll is solely part of Harveys plan."

And...
"Yeah they definately opened up some new ideas and even characters(I hope no body touches Hush again unless its Jeph) and the Riddler knowing Bats secret ID could lead to a half decent story involving an otherwise lame character, but my favorte part of the entire arch was the bruce/Selina relationship, and it was sad to see it wrapped up in two pages. Saw it comming the whole time which is probably why its such a tragedy. Loeb really gets the "Hamlet" in Batman."

And..hehe..
"No i said there was no metion of lex luthor. But riddler does say the bat has enemy's in "high places". So who knows.

I already said i'm not gonna talk about catwoman cause i don't wanna give it all away.

The Jason Todd angle was used to mess with the Bat's head and throw him off. The sad thing is Jason's body was dug up by HUSH and riddler never told the bat where it was. Batman had beaten riddler god knows how many times. Jason's death was the bat's greatest defeat so riddler was rubbing the bat's face in it. The Riddler knows Bruce is Batman but Bruce knows riddler used the pit... and Ra's is very very angry about that "

So there it is. Thank You, TylerDurenFC and brucewayne777 for the spoilers. I, unlike alot of whiners, do appreciate them. Now I am even MORE reved up to go get this tomorrow! It sounds like it ended just as it should have. Hush (maybe dead, maybe not), The Riddler (I did not see that coming), Ra's plans for that kind of impudence, Lex Luthor (though this aspect seems to be mostly in the Superman/Batman book), and Jason Todd's body, and more. That is great to have so much to look forward to.

kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
OP Offline
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
hmm, tried to put for spoiler space but couldn't. Oh well.

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
I think you gave everyone adequate warning.

It makes sense that the Riddler finally solved the biggest riddle of them all, as you said.

The Hush storyline also elevates his standing in the pantheon of Bat-foes. Crossing Bats with Jason Todd and Ra's with the use of the pit hasn't made him many friends.

400+ posts
400+ posts
Dammit man! You should've warned me or something! now you ruined the ending for me!

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Sshh, you!

kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
OP Offline
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
Hehehe.

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
I didn't read this spoiler, because I really want to be suprised, but I always read spoilers so its a tough fight. Hell, I read the spoiler on the next Matrix film so thats ruined it for me. This must be what going cold turkey off cocaine is like.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Just read the book and thought it was stupendous.

One thing, however...

quote:
Originally posted by Glacier16:
Lex Luthor isn't involved at all.

Luthor was involved quite a bit, if you ask me. Everyone had a part to play in this... Luthor included.

Bats: Where did you get the kyptonite for Ivy's lipstick?
Nigma: Where did you get it for the ring? You have enemies in very high places. But you didn't hear that from me.

Supplying Riddler and Elliot with the kryptonite is definitely "involved" if you ask me. Plus, I think it's no coincidence that Loeb is currently writing Batman/Superman, where a prominent villain promises to be none other than President Lex.

All-in-all, I'd say Loeb pieced together a fine story with enough intruigue to make you second guess even the most logical choices, think up some of the most obscure, and give one last twist that you would never have seen coming in a million years.

And that my friends, is how a story is written!

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
spoilers

I felt let down..although I did think the original riddler riddle meant more than the immediate easy answer.

I felt let down by Tommy's being the major party and no body found at the end. I was unimpressed with the result. Although I liked that riddler was a key player...I didn't think the clues were meant for the reader to follow and that loeb kept too many answers from you. Fuck agatha christie and fuck loeb for not giving me enough throughout..I felt like I wasted a fucking year.. The puzzle wasn't meant for me to figure out..although a few creative people said it was the riddler at the dc boards, but then again there were people who gave logical reasons for it being any of batman's supporting characters and rogues....

this was not a mystery it was a tale with a ending that could only be pieced together after the blanks were filled in..."Blanks"..not clues..

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Pig Iron:
spoilers

I felt let down..although I did think the original riddler riddle meant more than the immediate easy answer.

I felt let down by Tommy's being the major party and no body found at the end. I was unimpressed with the result. Although I liked that riddler was a key player...I didn't think the clues were meant for the reader to follow and that loeb kept too many answers from you. Fuck agatha christie and fuck loeb for not giving me enough throughout..I felt like I wasted a fucking year.. The puzzle wasn't meant for me to figure out..although a few creative people said it was the riddler at the dc boards, but then again there were people who gave logical reasons for it being any of batman's supporting characters and rogues....

this was not a mystery it was a tale with a ending that could only be pieced together after the blanks were filled in..."Blanks"..not clues..

I agree with you Piggie. In the end it was a very good story and I liked it.......but for some reason I feel letdown. I can't put my finger on it. Something just feels like it was missing.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
For me it was the fact that Hush never removed his bandages and that the body disappeared. That bit was so anticlimatic. And the Huntress really didn't fit in the story. Loeb used a lame ass excuse for Lee to draw her and didn't really give her much purpose in the story. Nor did it give any kind of explanation as to why Tommy would want his parents dead (other than he wanted their money, which didn't seem like a logical thing for a kid to desire to the point of being a murderer).

500+ posts
500+ posts
Part of the reason why Tommy-boy wanted his parents dead was out of jealousy. He was jealous of Bruce's fortune. He thought Bruce was lucky or something. How did Tommy know Bruce was Bats?

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Sacman:
Part of the reason why Tommy-boy wanted his parents dead was out of jealousy. He was jealous of Bruce's fortune. He thought Bruce was lucky or something. How did Tommy know Bruce was Bats?

Riddler told him.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by thedoctor:
For me it was the fact that Hush never removed his bandages and that the body disappeared. That bit was so anticlimatic. And the Huntress really didn't fit in the story. Loeb used a lame ass excuse for Lee to draw her and didn't really give her much purpose in the story. Nor did it give any kind of explanation as to why Tommy would want his parents dead (other than he wanted their money, which didn't seem like a logical thing for a kid to desire to the point of being a murderer).

Yes! That's it for me as well. I have no closure because he never took the bandages off and he dissapeared.........which means in about 5 years we'll be seeing him again.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Closure I need closure [sad]

2500+ posts
2500+ posts
quote:
Yes! That's it for me as well. I have no closure because he never took the bandages off and he dissapeared.........which means in about 5 years we'll be seeing him again.
Well, Bat-fans have been saying for years they'd like to see some new blood in the Rogues. We've had Zeiss and David Cain in several Batman stories. The Charlatan are still alive, and a good enough writer can find a way to use him in a few storylines. I guess they wanted Hush alive so he could stick around the Rogues Gallery.

Hush is probably still alive, although I'm not sure if there's anything else they can do with him storywise. Although, Jason's body still being missing...I smell a sequel where both of these will be dealt with.

It's funny - not long after Tommy Elliot was introduced, I wrote to Jeph asking if he'd be a recurring character, becuase I thought it would be nice to have a friend of Bruce join the regular cast. When he got back to me, all he said was he had plans for Tommy. The next issue that came out after he wrote back to me was the one where he "dies."

Y'know, I just realized something - a lot of the big Batman stories have much smaller bodycounts than previous ones. "Knightfall," "Contagion," "Cataclysm," and "No Man's Land" knocked off so many people, I'm surprised anyone's left alive in Gotham. In "Murderer/Fugitive" and "Hush," I could count all the casualties on one hand. Even "Dead Reckoning" only had a couple of casualties.

It's actually refreshing in a way.

He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
I know what Hush looks like under the bandages...

[SPOILER ALERT!]

-

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
So, does anyone NOT know Batman's secret ID these days?

We have: the Batfamily, the Justice League, Lois Lane, Ras, Catwoman, Talia, Sasha, possibly the Joker, etc., etc., and now the Riddler.

I mean, come ON.

2500+ posts
2500+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by the G-man:
So, does anyone NOT know Batman's secret ID these days?

We have: the Batfamily, the Justice League, Lois Lane, Ras, Catwoman, Talia, Sasha, possibly the Joker, etc., etc., and now the Riddler.

I mean, come ON.

Is it me, or are our heroes doing a lousy job of keeping their IDs a secret these past couple of years?

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Who else is out there now? I know Daredevil is (unless that changed after #50. I'm waiting for the trade) and Iron Man came out. Thats all I can think of for now. And how the entire town of Smallville doesn't know Clark Kent is Superman, I'll never know.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Darknight613:
quote:
Well, Bat-fans have been saying for years they'd like to see some new blood in the Rogues. We've had Zeiss and David Cain in several Batman stories. The Charlatan are still alive, and a good enough writer can find a way to use him in a few storylines. I guess they wanted Hush alive so he could stick around the Rogues Gallery.

Hush is probably still alive, although I'm not sure if there's anything else they can do with him storywise. Although, Jason's body still being missing...I smell a sequel where both of these will be dealt with.

It's funny - not long after Tommy Elliot was introduced, I wrote to Jeph asking if he'd be a recurring character, becuase I thought it would be nice to have a friend of Bruce join the regular cast. When he got back to me, all he said was he had plans for Tommy. The next issue that came out after he wrote back to me was the one where he "dies."

Y'know, I just realized something - a lot of the big Batman stories have much smaller bodycounts than previous ones. "Knightfall," "Contagion," "Cataclysm," and "No Man's Land" knocked off so many people, I'm surprised anyone's left alive in Gotham. In "Murderer/Fugitive" and "Hush," I could count all the casualties on one hand. Even "Dead Reckoning" only had a couple of casualties.

It's actually refreshing in a way.

I like the fact that he will probably stick around......but like you I'm not sure what else they could do with him story-wise. Time will tell.

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Dude, EVERYONE forgets Harold's origins -- in THE QUESTION!!!

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Ah! That's why Harold seemed so familiar to me...

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
i finally got around to finishing 619 last night.

i really loved this whole series. the whole frickin thing. for the most part, the hush storyline really gave the feel of being the last batman story ever... the meetin with ra's, the battle with supes, the "healing" of harvey... and specifically revealing batman's ID to catwoman and the scene with batman, the joker, and gordon in the alley.

plus, the riddler has been so horribly in need of a makeover for so long... he's got iconic status wrapped within an unusable gimmick. but now, now he's got something. same guy, but much cooler.

and, with his instable mental problems, it actually does make sense (well, comic book sense, at least) that the riddler wouldn't allow himself to tell anyone else bruce's secret -- cuz then everyone else would've beaten the riddle, too.

jim lee's art was fantastic, just utterly amazing.

the one issue i'd probably take with the storyline... batman didn't have a clue.

loeb's batman is often a lot softer in the ole "figgerin things out" department. he's never as bright or as intelligent as he should be. emperor joker, for example, made batman look like superman's intellectual bitch.

the long halloween and dark victory were year-long adventures that kept batman baffled and confused at every step -- even unaware of what fully went on as the story arc's concluded. but that could simply be written off to batman's, then, inexperience. he was essentially a rookie, or at least a newbie. perhaps his skills or wisdom or deduction simply had yet to advance.

however...

hush is modern day. this is our batman. this is the guy who figures out anything and everything. and yet he, for this year-long arc, was clueless.

sure, he's sposda be. i mean, if he figures it out, the reader does to, and then the story is over in 1 issue instead of 12. and yeah, it was because bruce was constantly being thrown off by stuff like jason todd, mental implants, subliminal messages, a relationship with catwoman, possibly being under "another spell" (as scarecrow said)... and now facing a ridler with "clarity" and tommy elliot, someone who, even as a boy, could always stay one-step ahead of bruce (like in those chess games)

so, even my complaint is easily undone -- aside from it being a minor complaint in an otherwise wonderful story.

definitely one of the best and most fun batman adventures i've ever read. i can't wait to re-read all of the books consecutively, and get a better feel of the story.

fuckin great stuff.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
I believe the closure most of you seek will come when Loeb and Lee return after Lee's Superman arc.

25+ posts
25+ posts
Sure, Hypatia, sure...

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
dammit, you'll give me away! [nyah hah]

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by PJP:
quote:
Originally posted by Sacman:

Riddler told him.
How'd HE know?

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Riddler took a bath in the Lazarus pit to get rid of his cancer. In the following moments, his mind was working double time, and he figured out the Great Riddle: Who is Batman?

So, that's Loeb's explanation.

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Anonymous 10/09/07 02:20 PM Reading a post
Forum: Comic Books
Thread: Hush is........(SPOILERS, BIG TIME FOLKS)
Anonymous 10/09/07 02:16 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 10/09/07 02:16 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 10/09/07 02:15 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 10/09/07 02:15 PM Reading a post
Anonymous 10/09/07 02:13 PM Reading a post

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
That bunch is a little behind on thier reading...

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]

Link Copied to Clipboard