Last night I watched Boys Don't Cry. I remember it coming out when I was in, like... jr.high. something like that. I remember the commercials. I was interested to see it, but I was afraid I'd be labeling myself gay if I did... this was around the same time Mom had us stop watching The Ellen Show 'cause she came out as gay. Anyway, so with NetFlix, I finally watched it.

OMG. The movie was... respectful and horrifying and well filmed and really put you THERE (i.e. the rape scenes were *entirely* devoid of any eroticism, something that irritates me when otherwise...) and was like a stab in the soul, over and over. It reminded me of myself, my friends, people I've met briefly... it was like watching American History X only with more personal application to my life.

And it really happened. And that makes my gut churn.

Beautiful film. I suggest anyone to watch it.

Old men, fear me! You will shatter under my ruthless apathetic assault!

Uschi - 2
Old Men - 0

"I am convinced that this world is of no importance, and that the only people who care about dates are imbeciles and Spanish teachers." -- Jean Arp, 1921

"If Jesus came back and saw what people are doing in his name, he would never never stop throwing up." - Max von Sydow, "Hannah and Her Sisters"