Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 85 of 137 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 136 137
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Also, I got my wife hooked on Doctor Who as well. She has a faster Internet connection at home and may have downloaded more episodes while I'm at work.

She prefers Tennant to Smith, because she remembers him from Goblet of Fire.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Nöwheremän
 Originally Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53
The Queen did in Tooth and Claw.

She called Rose Tyler a naked child or something like that.

Yet last night, nobody even batted an eyelid at A girl running round with a skirt so short that might as well have been a belt as far as they were concerned.

You're really going to complain about that after nearly fifty years of Who? Having people wonder about the Doctor and his companions' clothes every episode would get as old and boring as RTD's Daleks falling through a 'hole in time' schitck or 'companions have families on Earth that worry about them' bit. It's not something that needs to be revisited every episode.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts

In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib twice in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of a magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Bow ties are coool.
1. You do not talk about snarf.
7500+ posts
7500+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
Dude, I watched this show last year, that Doctor guy was played by a totally different actor.

You've got to be shittin' me. Who the hell would watch a show that did shit like that? I give this show a season. Tops. It'll never last. Especially not for decades.

You're both breaking my brain!

This series does have a lot of weaknesses..., but I'm still loving it!

Me No Rikey Rob, he's a banana queer!

I shit on Hogan!
7500+ posts
7500+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man

To be fair I haven't really seen too much of Peter Davison's stuff. Like Mccoy I started on his first episode and it didn't really hook me so I never got around to checking the other ones out.
Though I only gave Colin a chance because I liked looking at Peri and then actually enjoyed his first season with the longer episodes (I just prefer that format). With Mccoy Mel was the big turn off. I just can't look at her, can't listen to her.

McCoy was tough on us all. I can only watch his first 2 years knowing that his third year was pretty good!

You thought Mel was bad, she had terrible rap in the UK, she was so sweet and twee, nobody liked her!

The four episodes format were problematic - too much padding just to get to the cliffhanger! That's why you'd have to have a great character as the Doctor because you had to watch him fuck around doing nothing most of the time!

I shit on Hogan!
7500+ posts
7500+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
Ooooooo I didn't know that was coming out on DVD already! Of course, I'll have to wait a bit for the US release. But, worth it.

I seem to remember being very put off that The Brig didn't have his stache'. Of course, it made sense later once I realized (A) it was deliberate to give a different "age" to the character, and, (B) the actor never actually had a real mustache...it was always a prop-piece.

BTW, is Nicholas Courtney gay? I'm not sure why, but I get a gay vibe from him these days. Like, he's hiding it from the public or something. I don't know. Is he married or anything?

Geek alert!

I went to a few Courtney signings and he had his eye on the young girls, just as Aldred had her eyes on the good looking guys! He was married with kids but I saw him a few times in London with much younger women!

He never did much after Who, I remember him being in that Michael Winner Film with Bullseye with Michael Caine and Roger Moore!

As I said, the extras are pretty good for Brig fans!

Their doing a Kamelion box set!

I shit on Hogan!
7500+ posts
7500+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy

She prefers Tennant to Smith, because she remembers him from Goblet of Fire.

More importantly, what does she think of Eccleston!

All the women love the tennant!

I shit on Hogan!
7500+ posts
7500+ posts
...., and watch the Deadly Assassin from the original series!

My very favourite story!

I shit on Hogan!
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts

Yet last night, nobody even batted an eyelid at A girl running round with a skirt so short that might as well have been a belt as far as they were concerned.

You're really going to complain about that after nearly fifty years of Who? Having people wonder about the Doctor and his companions' clothes every episode would get as old and boring as RTD's Daleks falling through a 'hole in time' schitck or 'companions have families on Earth that worry about them' bit. It's not something that needs to be revisited every episode.

Considering most of the current run of Who since its return has been set in the modern day, I'd hardly call it 'every episode'.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man

In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone, he strikes the same rib twice in succession, yet he produces two clearly different tones. I mean, what are we to believe, that this is some sort of a magic xylophone or something? Boy, I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Considering some of the shit you lot complain about 'Oh, he uses the screwdriver too much' etc, my complaints are downright un-nerdly.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

Considering most of the current run of Who since its return has been set in the modern day, I'd hardly call it 'every episode'.

You're still bitching about something that's pretty much a given for Who. Did you ever bitch during Tom's run about all the alien races that speak English with a British accent? Or about them questioning the Doctor and his companions' clothes (I would think that most of the guys would say something about Leela's, though not complaining)? As I've said, it's one of those things that most uncunty fans have come to accept and suspend disbelief just as they have with the other basic concepts of the show (time travel/TARDIS/etc.).

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
RE: McCoy

McCoy rocked with Ace, and the TVM. Both show the potential he has/had for a very dark, manipulative Doctor. I've grown to love him, so.

Originally Posted By: ROY BATTY
Geek alert!

I went to a few Courtney signings and he had his eye on the young girls, just as Aldred had her eyes on the good looking guys! He was married with kids but I saw him a few times in London with much younger women!

OKAY! See, I wasn't certain. Every so often I picked up that vibe from him. But, sounds more like he's a ladies man. Nice! Love me some Brigadier. You just watch, though. Nick Courtney will fucking DIE before they get him back. Sure, he's appeared in the SJA. But, that's NOT Doctor Who. Dammit.

And I'd fuck Sophie Aldred. Even now.

Quote:
Their doing a Kamelion box set!

\:lol\: Wow! Hard-up for boxsets, aren't they? A boxset for the two episodes we saw him? The robot that never worked? \:lol\:

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I figured there would be a Kamelion figure. They've been avoiding the older companions because of the hassle to get permission from the actors but no such problem with robots like k-9 and kamelion. Character Options also did a Master figure from Tom Baker's only solo story.

Fair play!
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I totally expect, and want the following from them, as figures:

• Susan
    Jamie
    Jo
    Sarah-Jane (young)
    Romana I/II
    Tegan
    Peri
    Ace
    The Brigadier/Bessie two-pack
    The Master (Roger Delgado)
    The Master (Anthony Ainley)
    The Master (Eric Roberts)

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

• The Master (Eric Roberts)

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
No Leela? That's the one I figured would be on most want lists.

Fair play!
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Okay, how the HELL did I forget Leela? OF COURSE Leela!

• The Master (Eric Roberts)

Eh. I've learned to open my heart over the years. In retrospect, I never judged Anthony Ainely as harshly. So, yeah,. Roberts would be cool to see again, if only to see how he would play it this time. And a figure is a completest's dream...

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
you are like the battered housewife of Who, Dev. no matter how bad it gets, you still proclaim your love for it. \:\)

7500+ posts
7500+ posts

• Susan
    Jamie
    Jo
    Sarah-Jane (young)
    Romana I/II
    Tegan
    Peri
    Ace
    The Brigadier/Bessie two-pack
    The Master (Roger Delgado)
    The Master (Anthony Ainley)
    The Master (Eric Roberts)

Tegan but not Nyssa?

And what about your favourite companion ever - Andric?

I shit on Hogan!
7500+ posts
7500+ posts

\:lol\: Wow! Hard-up for boxsets, aren't they? A boxset for the two episodes we saw him? The robot that never worked? \:lol\:

I think they just do them to get rid of old stock - it's just a slipcase with the original released dvds slotted in!

I shit on Hogan!
7500+ posts
7500+ posts
RE: McCoy

McCoy rocked with Ace, and the TVM. Both show the potential he has/had for a very dark, manipulative Doctor. I've grown to love him, so.

Both the Doctor and Ace started to get interesting in the final series!

I couldn't fucking stand Ace when she first came along, especially her baseball bat!

I shit on Hogan!
7500+ posts
7500+ posts
Watched Terminus!

Not as bad as everyone says it is!

Again, I have't seen this since it was first shown!

All I remember about it, is Nyssa wearing a very flimsy top, showing a lot of cleavage & shape of her lovely little tits and taking her skirt off - there was a lot of dodgy camera shots - down her blouse and up her skirt!

And I remember the Garm.

It was padded to fuckery, with Tegan and Turlogh stuck in a narrow passage under the floor for most of the Story!

Nyssa wandering around skirtless, showing as much cleavage as her small titties permit!

Pete was as charming as ever - I do see Matt Smith immitating him at times, that I would never have noticed had I not started watching these old stories again.

Not classic Who but I have seen a lot worse!

I shit on Hogan!
Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Grimm
you are like the battered housewife of Who, Dev. no matter how bad it gets, you still proclaim your love for it. \:\)

It's not Who's fault! It was drinking during the 80's....and...and, okay, it left me there for awhile in the 90's.....but, it was so it could get its head on straight and--...listen, it's been back since 2005, and has never onc-...well, I mean, it had some moments, but that was MY fault! It's been really good to me.....

......what? Why are you looking at me like that?

\:lol\:

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Watched Terminus!

Again, I haven't seen this since it was first shown!

All I remember about it, is Nyssa wearing a very flimsy top, showing a lot of cleavage & shape of her lovely little tits and taking her skirt off - there was a lot of dodgy camera shots - down her blouse and up her skirt!

And I remember the Garm.

It was padded to fuckery, with Tegan and Turlogh stuck in a narrow passage under the floor for most of the Story!

Nyssa wandering around skirtless, showing as much cleavage as her small titties permit!

Pete was as charming as ever - I do see Matt Smith immitating him at times, that I would never have noticed had I not started watching these old stories again.

Yeah, Terminus is when Nyssa becomes "a woman". And then leaves the show at the end. And did you notice the little peck she gave The Doctor? I imagine she tried to lose her virginity to Adric, but he was too busy shining his badge for homosexual excellence. She wanted to show the Doc how to use that celery, what's up!

As for the figures, I only want the "primary" companions for each Doc. Tegan is more Davison, to me, than Adric or Nyssa. The latter two came during Tombo's run, so Tegan is the first 5th Doctor's companion to me...

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Watched Terminus!

Again, I have't seen this since it was first shown!

And I remember the Garm.

Link!

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Grimm

It's not Who's fault! It was drinking during the 80's....and...and, okay, it left me there for awhile in the 90's.....but, it was so it could get its head on straight and--...listen, it's been back since 2005, and has never onc-...well, I mean, it had some moments, but that was MY fault! It's been really good to me.....

......what? Why are you looking at me like that?

just say the word, ma'am. we can end this right now.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Is there some other show you can watch, just for tonight?

7500+ posts
7500+ posts

As for the figures, I only want the "primary" companions for each Doc. Tegan is more Davison, to me, than Adric or Nyssa. The latter two came during Tombo's run, so Tegan is the first 5th Doctor's companion to me...

That's an interesting way of looking at things.

Can't say that I disliked or liked Tegan. That top she wears for this season really doesn't do her any favours!

I kind of liked Nyssa.

I didn't like Adric but I didn't hate him either. I think I didn't hate him because he died - so rare to see a companion die, felt sorry for the poofter!

I shit on Hogan!
7500+ posts
7500+ posts
Is there some other show you can watch, just for tonight?

like Macgyver or something?

I shit on Hogan!
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
brother from another mother
15000+ posts

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
\:whoa\:

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Spoiler!

Enjoyed the return of the Valeyard. Although, most of the entire episode I thought it was the Celestial Toymaker. Hope we see a return.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Like the stone angels thingee, I felt they gave away too much early on with the realities, and which was the real one.
The thing that gave it all away for me was the bit when the gimp asked if a star burning cold could actually happen.

I hope the gimp isnt a permanent feature. He is fucking annoying.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Oh, but credit where credits due, loved the line "Bowties are cool."

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Was looking for a Katy Perry parody video that Gillan did for a comedy show, and sadly it doesnt seem to be hosted anywhere, but did find these downloadable links for various videos.
http://www.thunderace.co.uk/rapid/smf/index.php?topic=2259.0

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Glacier16 ass-kicky User 4000+ posts 24 minutes 23 seconds ago Reading a post
Forum: Media
Thread: The Official Doctor Who thread

Rob Kamphausen ass-kicky Administrator cobra kai
15000+ posts 25 minutes 16 seconds ago Reading a post
Forum: Media
Thread: The Official Doctor Who thread

Fuck off, Rob!

Jeff, welcome. How've you been?

Regenerated
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Regenerated
15000+ posts
When you say "gimp" you're talking about Rory? Yeah, I'm not sure how long I want him around. But, Moff loves multiple companions. So, we'll see...

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Yes, gimpy.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I must wank off to amy pond

Page 85 of 137 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 136 137

Link Copied to Clipboard