Originally Posted By: the G-man
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

As I said back in 2005 and 2009, if a president, including a democrat, follows the law and uses the law to go after terrorists (as opposed to harassing political opponents), I don't see a problem with it.

However, I'm still waiting for the people (other than Leahy) who went ape over Bush's "wiretapping" to say "boo" about Obama going even further than his predecessor did.

'Going Dark': Feds Seek Broader Internet Wiretap Authority: Obama administration reportedly is crafting plans to require all Internet communication services — such as BlackBerry e-mail, Facebook, and Skype — to be capable of intercepting messages, as officials look to counter terror suspects 'going dark' online.

Still waiting....

The double standard of what passes muster when a Republican is president, vs. when a Democrat is president, never ceases to amaze me.

Add this to a long list of Obama abuses that go virtually unreported, when George W. was vilified as a virtually a war criminal for actions that amounted to a fraction of what Obama has done toward crushing democracy.