Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1129615 2010-10-01 1:02 AM
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
http://bit.ly/9dDlu8

Quote:
How can Fox News be labeled “destructive” and MSNBC considered “invaluable” by the White House?

That‘s the question CNN’s John King was asking last night during a segment in which he pitted the “destructive” network against the “invaluable” one. By showing clips of both Fox and MSNBC hosts, King mocked Obama’s recent comments that Fox is a “destructive” force while a White House spokesman said that MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow provide “an invaluable service” to the country:

But King didn’t stop there — he also used a May speech from “professor Obama,” in which he encourages graduates to listen to dissenting voices, to point out more hypocrisy. Obama: “For if we choose only to expose ourselves to opinions and viewpoints that are in line with our own, studies suggest that we become more polarized, more set in our ways.”

King responds, “I think he’s right. In that commencement speech, he’s right.” And later added a sarcastic, “I’m shocked.”

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
This was just reported a few moments ago:

Quote:
President Obama cites CNN for being "anti-progress" and "dangerous ideas".

\:lol\:

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
When was CNN the liberal media?

Btw I'll start posting stuff from Media Matters if I keep seeing The Blaze being used for threads. (balance and all that shit y'know)

Fair play!

Fair play!
50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
dude, you're living Media Matters paraphrase. if you haven't noticed everyone here has you tuned out. youre the liberal Wonder Boy, post away.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Lets not be a crybaby basams. If you want to post crap from the blaze go ahead, it's easy enough to skip your stuff.

Fair play!
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Fair play!
50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I don't think the issue is whether CNN is "liberal media", but rather the very clear and obvious point they provide on this subject. The bias is just screamingly apparent.

As for CNN themselves, I'd say they are slightly less liberal than MSLBC. But, with this segment, I also imagine it's simply the number three news station trying to somehow suck some ratings off covering Number One and Number Two. They aren't involved, and contrary to what the guy says at the beginning, they so obviously want to be involved in this FOX/MSNBC/WHITE HOUSE thing. They want to be relevant and talked about. And the way they are trying to do it is by pointing out the fallacy of the White House's official statement on the subject.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
I don't think the issue is whether CNN is "liberal media", but rather the very clear and obvious point they provide on this subject. The bias is just screamingly apparent.

As for CNN themselves, I'd say they are slightly less liberal than MSLBC. But, with this segment, I also imagine it's simply the number three news station trying to somehow suck some ratings off covering Number One and Number Two. They aren't involved, and contrary to what the guy says at the beginning, they so obviously want to be involved in this FOX/MSNBC/WHITE HOUSE thing. They want to be relevant and talked about. And the way they are trying to do it is by pointing out the fallacy of the White House's official statement on the subject.

I read your posts Pro. Unlike MEM's.

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor

that reporter was batshit crazy enough for Huffpo or MSNBC.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i2H170pf3a8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i2H170pf3a8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
this is why MEM is still not allowed at the big kids table.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Or allowed outside without a helmet and a handler.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
Matter-eater Man argumentative User Fair Play!
7500+ posts 3 minutes 17 seconds ago Making a new reply
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: Re: Liberal Media Wakes Up?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i2H170pf3a8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i2H170pf3a8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Over all do you feel that one selected clip honestly represents CNN?

Fair play!
50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
that just happened.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

Do you deny that she was being incredibly biased and aggressive to people who were 'right wing' and 'not family friendly'?

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts

CNN's Rick Sanchez, "States' Rights is a racist term"

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
Matter-eater Man argumentative User Fair Play!
7500+ posts 3 minutes 10 seconds ago Making a new reply
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: Re: Liberal Media Wakes Up?

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Irwin Schwab

CNN's Rick Sanchez, "States' Rights is a racist term"

To be fair he probably read that off of twitter.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Do you deny that she was being incredibly biased and aggressive to people who were 'right wing' and 'not family friendly'?

So not answering my question?

I've seen reporters be incredibly biased and aggessive to people who were left wing, that doesn't make the whole network defined by just those select moments though.

Fair play!
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I don't watch youtube clips, or think for myself.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q41e6wl216I?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q41e6wl216I?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

You could do that with any network though. I could post a couple of clips from FOX that would make them look liberal or MSNBC making them look conservative. Would that prove anything?

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Irwin Schwab
dude, you're living Media Matters paraphrase. if you haven't noticed everyone here has you tuned out. youre the liberal Wonder Boy, post away.

That's such a bullshit thing to allege about me. If I cited Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity and The Blaze in every post, maybe the allegation would have the slightest truth to it.

But it doesn't.
I don't even quote Fox news that often!

Until recently, for most of the 8 years I've been posting here, my primary news source was the PBS News Hour.
While I'm clear about my conservative beliefs, I read and quote many sources, and am not a partisan kneejerk shill for the GOP position.

As I've said many times:
I voted Bush Sr in 1988.
I voted Ross Perot in 1992.
I voted Ross Perot again in 1996.
I voted Ralph Nader in 2000 (if I'd known more about Buchanan at the time I might have voted for him instead)
I reluctantly voted Bush in 2004 because the Democrats gave us the unthinkable nominee John Kerry, and relative to that, Bush was the better choice.
I voted McCain for the same reason, while making clear my distance from McCain on issues like amnesty for illegals, free trade, and "we are all Georgians".

I've even said that if I were old enough to vote in 1976, I would have voted for Jimmy Carter, because regardless of his later performance, he was a boy scout of a candidate and had the moral character anyone would want in a president, despite a performance as president that would have made me later regret that vote.
(Although since I said that, Carter has diminished his own character in recent years, in negotiating with the N. Koreans and screwing us, siding with the Palestinians against Israel in a way that is arguably anti-semitic, partisanly bashing Fox News a week ago, etc.)

Does THAT sound like someone merely repeating GOP talking points from some GOP slander-site?

No, it definitely doesn't.

The two guys I quote most are Pat Buchanan and Glenn Beck, both of whom are far more critical of the Republican party than most Republicans or Conservatives. Both are critical of both parties.

Because you have some kind of axe to grind against me, or just out of pure troll behavior, you keep alleging something that clearly isn't true.

I've described how on issues like U.S. global military police action, abortion, immigration, and other issues, my opinion has flipped 180 degrees to the opposite of what I believed in 10 years ago. Again: that is not what someone who is a partisan shill does.

If you continue to call me the "conservative M E M", you are deliberately misrepresenting the truth that is obvious in my posts. I'm a conservative, yeah, so of course I often prefer what the Republicans advocate. But my voting record and my frequent dissent is very clear on many issues, over 8 years of posts.

You can more fairly make the "conservative M E M" of others here. And I think you know that mold doesn't fit me before you even post the words.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Maybe if you used more material from "the Blaze" basams would respect you more WB. (oh and rail against the liberal media)

Fair play!
50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
the twins are awake.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

You could do that with any network though. I could post a couple of clips from FOX that would make them look liberal or MSNBC making them look conservative. Would that prove anything?

Head in the sand there, MEM. Twice you have the reporters for CNN arguing with guests/interviewies with one purposefully misquoting his guest, stupidly, with the guest right there to disprove the false quotes. It's one thing to play the devil's advocate. It's another to try and twist your guest's words around constantly to make him seem like a bad guy when it's obvious that he said nothing close to what the 'journalist' claimed.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q41e6wl216I?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q41e6wl216I?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Head in the sand there, MEM. Twice you have the reporters for CNN arguing with guests/interviewies with one purposefully misquoting his guest, stupidly, with the guest right there to disprove the false quotes. It's one thing to play the devil's advocate. It's another to try and twist your guest's words around constantly to make him seem like a bad guy when it's obvious that he said nothing close to what the 'journalist' claimed.

I wasn't defending those clips but asking you if you thought they fairly represented CNN in general. Personally I see them as being more in the middle of FOX and MSNBC.

Fair play!
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
That's such a bullshit thing to allege about me. If I cited Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity and The Blaze in every post, maybe the allegation would have the slightest truth to it.

But it doesn't.
I don't even quote Fox news that often!

Now, Glenn Beck just said this:

• Until recently, for most of the 8 years I've been posting here, my primary news source was the PBS News Hour.
    While I'm clear about my conservative beliefs, I read and quote many sources, and am not a partisan kneejerk shill for the GOP position.

As I've said many times:
    I voted Bush Sr in 1988.
    I voted Ross Perot in 1992.
    I voted Ross Perot again in 1996.
    I voted Ralph Nader in 2000 (if I'd known more about Buchanan at the time I moght have voted for him instead)
    I reluctantly voted Bush in 2004 because the Democrats gave us the unthinkable nominee John Kerry, and relative to that, Bush was the better choice.
    I voted McCain for the same reason, while making clear my distance from McCain on issues like amnesty for illegals, free trade, and "we are all Georgians".

I've even said that if I were old enough to vote in 1976, I would have voted for Jimmy Carter, because regardless of his later performance, he was a boy scout of a candidate and had the moral character anyone would want in a president, despite a performance as president that would have made me later regret that vote.
    (Although since I said that, Carter has diminished his own character in recent years, in negotiating with the N. Koreans and screwing us, siding with the Palestinians against Israel in a way that is arguably anti-semitic, partisanly bashing Fox News a week ago, etc.)

Does THAT sound like someone merely repeating GOP talking points from some GOP slander-site?

No, it definitely doesn't.

The two guys I quote most are Pat Buchanan and Glenn Beck, both of whom are far more critical of the Republican party than most Republicans or Conservatives. Both are critical of both parties.

Because you have some kind of axe to grind against me, or just out of pure troll behavior, you keep alleging something that clearly isn't true.

I've described how on issues like U.S. global military police action, abortion, immigration, and other issues, my opinion has flipped 180 degrees to the opposite of what I believed in 10 years ago. Again: that is not what someone who is a partisan shill does.

If you continue to call me the "conservative M E M", you are deliberately misrepresenting the truth that is obvious in my posts. I'm a conservative, yeah, so of course I often prefer what the Republicans advocate. But my voting record and my frequent dissent is very clear on many issues, over 8 years of posts.

You can more fairly make the "conservative M E M" of others here. And I think you know that mold doesn't fit me before you even post the words.

I hate the Liberal Media!

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
did anyone read that?

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
more liberalism today:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/onmedia/1010/Sanchez_Stewart_a_bigot_CNN_run_by_Jews.html

Quote:
This is going to be a tough day for Rick Sanchez. The CNN host, as Mediaite notes, is the frequent butt of "Daily Show" jokes, which may have contributed to his ill-considered comments yesterday on Pete Dominick’s satellite radio show.

First, Sanchez called Jon Stewart a “bigot,” though he walked the comments back a bit later.

Dominick: How is he a bigot?
Sanchez: I think he looks at the world through, his mom, who was a school teacher, and his dad, who was a physicist or something like that. Great, I’m so happy that he grew up in a suburban middle class New Jersey home with everything you could ever imagine.
Dominick: What group is he bigoted towards?
Sanchez: Everybody else who’s not like him. Look at his show, I mean, what does he surround himself with?

Then, he suggested that CNN is run by Jews.

I’m telling you that everybody who runs CNN is a lot like Stewart, and a lot of people who run all the other networks are a lot like Stewart, and to imply that somehow they, the people in this country who are Jewish, are an oppressed minority? Yeah.

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
the host is clearly Anti-Semitic one of the truest signs of a liberal.

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Rick Sanchez Out at CNN After Saying Jon Stewart a Bigot, Suggesting Network is Run by Jews
Posted by Lucy Madison 42 comments Share 1441diggdigg Share E-mail Print Font
CNN's Rick Sanchez
(Credit: CNN)
Update, 6:14 p.m. Eastern Time: CNN has released a statement that Sanchez "is no longer with the company."

"We thank Rick for his years of service and we wish him well," it reads. Original story below...

On a radio program on Thursday, Rick Sanchez, the CNN anchor and host of Rick's List, said he thought Comedy Central's Jon Stewart was a "bigot," and nd seemed to suggest that "everybody who runs CNN" is Jewish.

Sanchez, during the course of a 20 minute interview on comedian (and regular CNN contributor) Pete Dominick's SiriusXM radio show, spoke about the discrimination he has felt as a Cuban-American over the course of his career, and decried what he called "elite, Northeast establishment liberals" like Stewart and Stephen Colbert.

Stewart and Colbert, he said, are among those who say "I like black people and Mexicans as long as they're, 'here, let me tap you on the head. Way to go, Ricky, you're doing a good job.'"

"I think Jon Stewart's a bigot," Sanchez said. "I think he looks at the world through his mom, who was a school teacher, and his dad, who was a physicist or something like that. Great, I'm so happy that he grew up in a suburban middle class New Jersey home with everything you could ever imagine."

When asked by radio host Pete Dominick (who used to work as a warm-up comic for the Daily Show) against whom he thought Stewart was bigoted, Sanchez said, "everybody else who's not like him. Look at his show, I mean, what does he surround himself with?"

Dominick pointed out that as a Jew, Stewart was also a minority - to which Sanchez responded, snickering, "Please, what are you kidding?.. Yeah, a very powerless people."

"I'm telling you that everybody who runs CNN is a lot like Stewart, and a lot of people who run all the other networks are a lot like Stewart," Sanchez said. "To imply that somehow they, the people in this country who are Jewish, are an oppressed minority? Yeah."

Sanchez later tempered his comments, retracting his use of the word "bigot" and instead calling the Daily Show "essentially prejudicial - against anyone who doesn't agree with his point of view, which is very much a white liberal establishment point of view."

cbsnews.com

Looks like somebody agrees with some of you here about CNN.

Fair play!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
sanchez can now be seen sitting on a street corner with a sign saying "will read tweets for money".

50000+ posts
OP Offline
50000+ posts
it looks like CNN is starting to push the liberal bs out. first John King waking up and now getting rid of the Anti-Semitic chorus line. when MSNBC joins Air America MEM will only have Media Matters.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Now CNN will cater to the retarded right instead of the retarded left.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard