Print Thread
Page 22 of 22 1 2 20 21 22
Wonder Boy #1212600 2014-05-30 5:36 PM
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Quote:
On February 12, 2007, Novak testified in Libby's trial. As Michael J. Sniffen of the Associated Press reports: "Novak testified he got confirmation from White House political adviser Karl Rove, who replied to him: 'Oh, you've heard that, too.' "[79]

Wonder Boy #1212619 2014-06-01 11:05 AM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Quote:
Novak confirms Rove was one of his sources in outing Plame
Updated 7/13/2006 4:58 AM ET E-mail | Print |

WASHINGTON (AP) — Now that Karl Rove won't be indicted, now that the president won't fire him, now that it really doesn't matter anymore, more details of the Valerie Plame leak investigation trickle out.

In his latest syndicated column released Wednesday, columnist Robert Novak revealed his side of the story in the Plame affair, saying Rove was a confirming source for Novak's story outing the CIA officer, underscoring Rove's role in a leak President Bush once promised to punish.

usatoday.com

We've been over this before.

Rove's total involvement was Novak having an informal phone conversation with Rove, and mentioning rumors that Ambassador Wilson was selected for the Niger yellow-cake investigation by his wife, and Rove saying "yeah, I heard that too".

That's saying "yep" to gossip, not Rove offering sources or naming names. It's really vile the lengths that you and others on the Left go to smear Rove and other Republicans. Especially coupled with the way you give a free pass to far more blatantly treasonous actions by the Democrats you fly cover for.

It's not a smear if it's true WB. Even Bush's former press secretary claims Rove lied to him about his involvement. Another reporter Matt Cooper had this to say...

Quote:
Appearing on Meet The Press today, Matthew Cooper, one of the reporters to whom Rove spoke about Plame, said Rove’s version of the story was hard to believe. “I think he was dissembling to put it charitably,” said Cooper. “To imply that he didn’t know about [Plame's identity], or that he heard it in some rumor out in the hallways, is nonsense.”

Cooper also contradicted Rove’s characterization of their conversation, describing the “essence” of it as much more than just an attempt to wave him off the story:

Look, Karl Rove told me about Valerie Plame’s identity on July 11, 2003. I called him because Ambassador Wilson [Plame's husband] was in the news that week. I didn’t know Ambassador Wilson even had a wife until I talked to Karl Rove and he said that she worked at the agency and she worked on WMD.

I'm fine with you trying to polish a turd WB but it's still a turd when your done.

Fair play!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

That's an insulting characterization, with nothing to back it up, M E M.
Special prosecutor Fitzgerald (who I think was a clear partisan who pursued Scooter Libby even when he knew it was Armitage and not Libby who inadvertantly outed Plame, and roped Libby with a lesser perjury charge, during his witch hunt) DIDN'T pursue Rove as a leaker.
Robert Novak likewise didn't name Rove as the leaker, and made clear the circumstances that Rove very open-endedly just said "Yeah, I heard that too."

It wasn't a matter of Rove knowing Valerie Plame was a CIA agent and outing her, it was whether Rove acted to out her. If what you deceitfully try to imply were true, Fitzgerald would have bent over backwards to prosecute Rove. As he did Libby.

Page 22 of 22 1 2 20 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard