Larry Kudlow is one of the most loyal Trump officials, and makes some of the best factual arguments in defense of Trump.
I don't see that he is "walking back" any arguments made in Trump's defense. I saw him earlier today making a vigorous (while never losing his cool) defense of Trump on a Democrat panelist's arguments against Trump regarding today's U S Supreme Court case, about Colorado trying to exclude Trump from being a candidate in the Nov 2024 election (despite that Trump was never accused / indicted for that, never tried in court, and never convicted for "insurrection" or any similar charge.
Nor have any of the 1,300 or so protesters arrested for being in or near the Capitol on January 6th, by the fanatical Democrat-weaponized DOJ and FBI.

There was a similar surge in the stock market in late 2016 immediately after Trump's election as president in Nov 2016.
Can that be proven o be what caused the stock market to surge, either in 2016, or now in 2024 ?
No, I guess not. But it is certainly a valid speculation.

I find it hard to get too worked up about what is essentially just an opinion, and I think obviously stated by Trump as a speculated opinion.
The reaction of yourself and the liberal media to that speculation by Trump, is laughably similar to CNN doing a "factcheck" a few years ago, of a Saturday Night Live sketch that made fun of Obama.