Quote:

SpandexMonkeyMan said:
A) He's not be seen on the RKMBs for ages

He's a friend of mine. I can attest to the fact that he'll be back soon.

Quote:

SpandexMonkeyMan said:
His main character interaction was with CJ, also gone

Well, that's actually more our fault than his. That was done to give CJ's character some use in the story. Until then, she was just kinda... there. I think his future interactions with the more senior members of the team, as well as Jade, will prove interesting.

He's a newbie who's unsure of himself. That's always interesting.

Quote:

SpandexMonkeyMan said:
C) He was never that interesting anyway

I beg to differ. I think he's one of the most interesting characters we have. Power wise his potential is up there, but with a very interesting set of limitations that keep him grounded. Plus, the characters youth and, for lack of a better term, ignorance is refreshing in a team of heroes where everyone (with the exception of Jade who has not been introduced) has shown themselves to be comfortable in their superhero skin.

Quote:

SpandexMonkeyMan said:
And what's wrong with Spandex's power level?

Let me be frank: the problem with Spandex's power level is that it's unlimited.

He can pull out any metahuman's superpower at any time. That's ANY metahuman, ANYWHERE, ANY TIME he likes without any indication of ill-effects. Think about that for a moment... ANYTHING. He's practically god-level and with him on the team there is no reason for the rest of us to ever lift a finger.

Now, we have other characters with variable powers, but they have limits.
- Centurian depends on his dice and has a time limitation. Plus, control of the beings he summons is often strained, sometimes non-existent.
- Wednesday does not have control of when his power change occurs and must always figure out what his new power is. Plus, I have always been careful to limit his power level to avoid the problem that characters like the original (young) and SMM present. I'll admit there was one exception to that rule, however, which occured in The Room of Spirit and Time story. Of course, he wasn't a member of the JLR at the time (he was a temporary villain) and it happened under specific circumstances that would be difficult to replicate. And his power level was eventually brought back down to normal levels.

Incidentally, we powered down (young) in that story, as well, and his character has worked better ever since.