Quote:

Chant said:
Quote:

Pariah said:
Quote:

sharnofshade said:
By killing Saddam, we as a global people have made a mockery of disapproving of murder on ANY scale.

---

And also: I use the same argument against people supporting the death penalty as I do against people who are cruel to animals. I don't trust people who are cruel to animals not to be cruel to people too. And I will not ever trust a government or people who allow the murder of 'criminals' not to turn that mind-set on the innocent and the different and the weak. You might think that Saddam 'deserved' to die. But remember that now, right this second, there are people who believe that blacks 'deserve' to die. That gays 'deserve' to die. That anyone who does drugs 'deserves' to die. You can try to get into the nitty gritty of what makes one 'deserving' of death. Or you can realise that killing people is wrong, and that not being repelled by the idea of someone, ANYONE being killed, is an unhealthy and inefficient mindset.

Klinton, it's disappointing to see you post such soft-headed crap.

Please don't do it again.

besides, there's a big difference between blacks, jews, drug abusers, whomever else the fellow mentioned and Saddam.

And besides, there's nothing unhealthy and ineffecient about not being repelled by someone being killed. It's simply being human.

Saddam lived by the philosophy "Might makes right" He was powerful, and he used that power to do whatever he wanted. He ordered the death and torture of thousands. He engineered wars that would serve his purpose. It wasn't until he was faced with greater force that he "seemingly" recanted his previous ways and suddenly became a man of religion and peace.

Saddam has faced the consequences of his own actions, he deserved to die.

I enjoy how we counter arguments about who deserves or doesn't deserve to die with arguments about who deserves or doesn't deserve to die. Philosophically and logically, there are two feasible cut-and-dried conclusions. One, nobody deserves to die. Two, everybody deserves to die. Most everyone would choose some sort of middle ground, some-do-some-don't stance, but really all that boils down to is that the question of who deserves to die is totally immaterial. Guess what? We're all gonna die. It makes no sense to use "_________ had it coming" or "_________ didn't deserve that" as moral justifications to a logical decision.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ