Quote:

Wonder Boy said:
My point is clear enough, whether or not you choose to acknowledge it: This guy's life is destroyed, regardless of the fact that he's been released. Life in prison, or the death penalty, his life is destroyed. He's now incapable of having a career. And exonerating him at this point doesn't free him of HIV or give him his life back.

No, it doesn't necessarily destroy his life. As long as there's life, it's possible to rebuild. You know how the cliche goes. The only way to take away that possibility forever is by killing them.

Personally, if I was wrongly convicted I'd like to decide by myself wether my life is ruined or not.

Take that Hurricane dude. He was in prison for, what? Like a decade? When he was cleared he settled and had a normal life. I think he was part of an organization to help the wrongly convicted until recently.

What a silly argument, man. Really. "He can't get a job!" What if he's exonarated? "Well, um, he has AIDS! Obviously!"

Quote:

It's like asking someone if they'd rather freeze to death or burn to death. Well, either one is about as terrible.

No, it's like asking someone wether they'd like to burn to death or burn half to death. The difference is abysmal.

Quote:

My point is, the option of being set free after false imprisonment isn't exactly making this guy's day. You and rex, and MEM are saying that reversing a false conviction gives a person their life back. My point is that: no, it doesn't. And for some, that might be a fate equal to or worse than the death penalty.

For some, it might be. For others, it might not. It's simply ridiculous to use this as an argument in favor of death penalty, saying they would have lost their lives anyway if they hadn't been killed (!). If anything, it's a small comfort for when people are cleared after they were executed. In no way is it an argument for continuing to kill more people.

Quote:

But hey, thanks for the Jennifer Connolly photo.

You're welcome. See, Pariah, this is called being polite.