Quote:

Chant said:
But then again, different nation, different people, different culture. And the standards we're supposed to uphold here in western world don't apply.

Essentially, that's the crux of it all right there with little exception (I'll point to the death of Mussolini). You've got a culture that is steeped in violence. They're going to react differently than we are in this situation.

And we could, of course, keep arguing the point for a myriad of directions. Some could argue that it is a sort of poetic justice that Saddam was denied the dignity that his victims were denied at their deaths. Others could continue with the morality of a death sentence to begin with. The fact is that it wasn't us or any other Western country. The Iraqis did it. It was their government and their people. The decision was theirs to make and to follow through on. I don't have to like it or support it. Then again, I didn't have to live under Saddam's rule.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."