Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
PenWing Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Dammit! It worked in the preview.

Here's a link: BoP #65 cover, by Land

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

"I don't know what I'm do, or how I do, I just do." - Alexander Ovechkin</sub>
PenWing Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Shit. It won't link.

Try this and scroll down: Toonzone.net

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

DTWB was right, this little "nitpicking" technique of yours is just a scare tactic. Start learning how to summarize for the love a' Jebus.

"Scare tactic"?!?

It's called "debating", Pariah. You made a comparison(one that was a very big part of your argument, not just a small detail), and I stated why I thought it was a bad one. That's not nitpicking.

If logic "scares" you I'm sorry, I really don't know what to say.

Quote:

She trained all her life in gymnastics, and even if she started when she was becoming Catwoman, she was too matured for her breasts to get any larger. So, when we narrow it down it is beyond just supposition that her breasts were that large.

Get any larger? You mean get any smaller? I'm not sure I quite understand what you're saying.

The breast is made up of body fat. When you exercise, you burn calories and lose that fat, and as a result shrinking breast size. It's simple biology. That's why female athletes are often petite and small-breasted.

Quote:

Actually, yes she did.

What? Where did it say that?

That doesn't make any sense. She had money, so she had no need to keep soliciting herself.

Quote:

You're over-exaggerating Balent's breasts on Catwoman--'They wouldn't be that size', 'they would be too heavy', 'she would have gotten them removed'--You completely disregard past reasoning.

What past reasoning??? The fact that she was a hooker doesn't mean she'd have huge breasts.

Quote:

Showing that much cleavage at that point in time would be an equivilent to the now.

....huh? Are you saying her breasts are similar size in both pictures?

Quote:

Selina could have breast development that large

It's possible that she could have(I never said she couldn't) prior to being a full time criminal/crime fighter, but she was never drawn that large before Balent, and as I said before, it's almost physically impossible to maintain breasts that large(real breasts, at least) when exercising and partaking in as much activity as she does.

Quote:

My turn to go into semantics: Are you saying that I don't have the right to read comics?

Of course not. I'm just saying that if you really think it's realistic for a woman to be that well endowed(let alone an athlete), then I'm afraid the illustrated sex fantasies of fanboy comic book artists have deluded you.

Quote:

Oh, an Animalman. I checked out the gallery where the Catwoman pictures were kept, I want to know exactly why you picked that one when this was the design more consistent as I said before?

I picked two(the one I posted above) which gave the best show of her massive breasts. She's still pretty big in the one you post.

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
anybody consider she may have got implants?

He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
The Toyman gave 'em to her!

He fixes the cable?
PenWing Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Quote:

anybody consider she may have got implants?

It was discussed.

RDCW Profile

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
*sigh* Fine.

Quote:

Get any larger? You mean get any smaller? I'm not sure I quite understand what you're saying.

I'm saying that continuity suggests that Selina was naturally big breasted despite naturally being acrobatic while she was a hooker BEFORE she saw Batman. At that point in time, she had already matured enough for her breasts to have reached full progression and intense training with the Wildcat wouldn't have decreased her any--This is considering the fact that she trained her whole life in GYMNASTICS and there was still no decrease. That would have made her flat. Wildcat wouldn't add on to the argument of a Selina that's SUPPOSED to be athletic since Grant focuses on weight training over all other methods, and weight training means chest expansion.

Quote:

The breast is made up of body fat. When you exercise, you burn calories and lose that fat, and as a result shrinking breast size. It's simple biology. That's why female athletes are often petite and small-breasted.

Fatty tissue isn't exactly the same as fat Animalman. The properties of fatty tissue keep any size in the breasts of big breasted women who excercise from decreasing. In some cases, they involve stray muscle.

Quote:

What? Where did it say that?

That doesn't make any sense. She had money, so she had no need to keep soliciting herself.

Apparently, I was wrong. But I'm gonna look this up later just to be sure.

This still doesn't change the fact that she used her body to manipulate people.

Quote:

What past reasoning??? The fact that she was a hooker doesn't mean she'd have huge breasts.

That Selina could learn over time to get used to her breasts and find ways to compensate for them. The fact that she WOULD nuture them and that she would never downsize herself. The fact that Balent was the starting artist for Selina post crisis and therefore would suggest that she always had big breasts.

Quote:

....huh? Are you saying her breasts are similar size in both pictures?

No, I was saying that the amount of sexuality used in Selina's role then paled in comparison to now. Catwoman was a sex symbol back then as well, I'm pretty darn sure that her breasts would have been more ample if the times had called for it.

Then there's the fact that the picture you showed was a pre-crisis Catwoman

Quote:

It's possible that she could have(I never said she couldn't) prior to being a full time criminal/crime fighter, but she was never drawn that large before Balent, and as I said before, it's almost physically impossible to maintain breasts that large(real breasts, at least) when exercising and partaking in as much activity as she does.

Selina's had a lot of time to learn to compensate. I'm also pretty confident that she wears an equivilent to a sports bra.

Quote:

Of course not. I'm just saying that if you really think it's realistic for a woman to be that well endowed(let alone an athlete), then I'm afraid the illustrated sex fantasies of fanboy comic book artists have deluded you.

Animalman, you took my former statement out of context. What I meant by realistic was that every part of her body had perfect proportion to it.

Quote:

I picked two(the one I posted above) which gave the best show of her massive breasts. She's still pretty big in the one you post.

One cup smaller I'd say and a downsizing from a solid 42.

Last edited by Pariah; 2004-01-02 3:56 AM.
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
Pariah's avatar is a nice juicy EE, fo shizzle!

He fixes the cable?
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah's avatar is a nice juicy EE, fo shizzle!

46 EE I'd say.

PenWing Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
I mentioned this before...Selina goes commando now. There is no doubt that she has some built in support, but I doubt it could be as a good as a sports bra.

RDCW Profile

He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
I'm surprised not one villian/opponent has even considered giving her a titty twister to incapacitate her.

He fixes the cable?
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

I mentioned this before...Selina goes commando now. There is no doubt that she has some built in support, but I doubt it could be as a good as a sports bra.

That elastic stuff she used before looked like it got tighter the more she stretched it out. I'm thinking that helped as her support.

You know, there were also numerous comics in LotDK where Selina was drawn by other artists who gave her REALLY firm breasts. They actually concentrated on that too.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

I'm surprised not one villian/opponent has even considered giving her a titty twister to incapacitate her.

PenWing Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Balent drew her with a bra and thong under the costume. I only know b/c I have the NML comics.

RDCW Profile

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Balent drew her with a bra and thong under the costume. I only know b/c I have the NML comics.

During NML she had a different costume design.

He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
I woulda drawn her with two stamps and dental floss!

He fixes the cable?
10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

*I'm saying that continuity suggests that Selina was naturally big breasted despite naturally being acrobatic while she was a hooker BEFORE she saw Batman.

Not nearly as big breasted as the way Balent draws her.

Quote:

At that point in time, she had already matured enough for her breasts to have reached full progression and intense training with the Wildcat wouldn't have decreased her any

Don't be ridiculous, of course it would. Like I said before, it's simple biology.

Quote:

weight training means chest expansion.

...on men it can add muscle, but that's a lot different.

Quote:

Fatty tissue isn't exactly the same as fat Animalman. The properties of fatty tissue keep any size in the breasts of big breasted women who excercise from decreasing. In some cases, they involve stray muscle.

When women loose body fat, the first place that fat usually comes from is the chest area, since that's usually the highest concencration of fatty issue(that and/or the buttocks).

Quote:

Apparently, I was wrong. But I'm gonna look this up later just to be sure.

Ah, ok.

Quote:

That Selina could learn over time to get used to her breasts and find ways to compensate for them. The fact that she WOULD nuture them and that she would never downsize herself. The fact that Balent was the starting artist for Selina post crisis and therefore would suggest that she always had big breasts.

Was he? I seem to recall a series or two prior to Balent's Catwoman(which started around '93).

Quote:

No, I was saying that the amount of sexuality used in Selina's role then paled in comparison to now.

Well, that's beside the point, but ok, yeah.

Quote:

Catwoman was a sex symbol back then as well, I'm pretty darn sure that her breasts would have been more ample if the times had called for it.

Then she would have been just as unrealistic then as she is now.

Quote:

Selina's had a lot of time to learn to compensate.

Even if that was true, compensating doesn't have much to do with it. As active as she is, she'd burn a lot of body fat, shaping her breasts more into the form you see them now. Still good size, but not enormous.

Quote:

Animalman, you took my former statement out of context. What I meant by realistic was that every part of her body had perfect proportion to it.

That's debatable, but I won't get into that.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

You'd bother to give her stamps.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Not nearly as big breasted as the way Balent draws her.

Muzichelli's drawing technique REALLY differs from Balent's. And truth be told, Balent's more consistent Selina didn't have breasts that added to previous artist's' drawings of her THAT much.

Quote:

Don't be ridiculous, of course it would. Like I said before, it's simple biology.

No, it wouldn't. And definitely not from what I see. An overweight friend of mine has gone through a rigorous work out and she has dropped A LOT of weight. Her breasts haven't changed over a two month long excercise period. She did a great deal of cardio (luckily for her, she's perky).

It may be my hear say, but I'm sticking to this argument because of it.

Also...

Animalma, your basing your argument on the assumption that Selina's breasts are more fat than tissue. Since things turned out the way they did for Selina's body, it's safe to say that this isn't the case.

Quote:

...on men it can add muscle, but that's a lot different.

Animalman, I don't know where you're sources are coming from, but women get muscle in their chests to. Sometimes it breaches out with the tissue--Hence "stray muscle". have you seen those ESPN strength contests? Those women's' chests were huge.

Quote:

When women loose body fat, the first place that fat usually comes from is the chest area, since that's usually the highest concencration of fatty issue(that and/or the buttocks).

Like I said, fat isn't the same as fatty tissue. There is fat around the chest area, but more often than not, fatty tissue outweighs fat in the breasts. Then you gotta consider that fat VARYS from breasts as well as anoy other part of the body for that matter.

Also, the fact that Selina has been training in acrobatics all her life would mean that there was no fat...I highly doubt she would have missed any over that amount of time anyway.

Quote:

Was he? I seem to recall a series or two prior to Balent's Catwoman(which started around '93).

I seem to recal a STORY or two, not a series.

Quote:

Even if that was true, compensating doesn't have much to do with it. As active as she is, she'd burn a lot of body fat, shaping her breasts more into the form you see them now. Still good size, but not enormous.

We're forgetting her amteur acrobatics training again.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

No, it wouldn't. And definitely not from what I see. An overweight friend of mine has gone through a rigorous work out and she has dropped A LOT of weight. Her breasts haven't changed over a two month long excercise period. She did a great deal of cardio (luckily for her, she's perky).

It would depend on how heavy she was to beginwith, and how much weight she actually lost.

Quote:

Animalma, your basing your argument on the assumption that Selina's breasts are more fat than tissue.

.....again, Pariah, this is simple biology.

Quote:

Since things turned out the way they did for Selina's body, it's safe to say that this isn't the case.

Things didn't turn out that way until Balent came along.

Quote:

Animalman, I don't know where you're sources are coming from

Pick up just about any anatomy/biology book.

Quote:

but women get muscle in their chests to.

Absolutely. I wasn't saying they couldn't.

However, muscular expansion in females results in a larger chest wall(larger "pecs", or pectoral muscles), which is above the breast, not the breast itself. Women who think they're doing exercises to increase their breast size, ironically, tend to do just the opposite, shrink it.

Read, and understand.

Quote:

Sometimes it breaches out with the tissue--Hence "stray muscle". have you seen those ESPN strength contests? Those women's' chests were huge.

They have pecs, but their breasts are small and perky, sometimes as flat as a board.

Quote:

Also, the fact that Selina has been training in acrobatics all her life would mean that there was no fat...

This supports my argument, not yours, Pariah.

Quote:

I seem to recal a STORY or two, not a series.

There was a mini series published in '89 by Mindy Newell, J.J Birch and Michael Blair. Then there was the "Catwoman: Defiant" one shot by Peter Milligan, published in '92, and the "Catwoman: Her Sister's Keeper" thing, don't know who did that one. All before the Balent series.

Quote:

We're forgetting her amteur acrobatics training again.

No I'm not. I said "constant exercise and training".

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Essentially, it all comes down to the reader. Every girl I go to school with who's seen me reading my comics has seen fit to point out to me that every comic book superheroine, no matter who she is, has at least one power in common - anti-gravity boobs. To them, all comic heroines are too stacked, as they're real girls living in real situations.

For me, Selina's breasts are just a distraction. Granted, the only title I own with a Balent-style Catwoman drawing is Marvel vs. DC, but still, even as a child, it made more sense to me that Elektra would be more agile than Catwoman simply because she looked more aerodynamic. While comics aren't supposed to be believable by any means, that was something I could never really get over. I just couldn't see a woman doing aerodynamically breath-taking stunts with pornstar-sized hooters...

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah and I have been arguing about Selina's breast size. Are they the Belant ballons, or the smaller Cooke/Stewart breasts?

Considering she has been highly athletic all her life, one would think they would be smaller. But, Pariah has a point about her being a bit more well endowed than most athletic builds b/c she was a prostitute.

So, my question is, how well endowed is she? How large should her breasts be drawn? Is her bra a B, C, or D?

Anyone who knows these things, please respond.

Everyone else, have a field day.

But as a serious topic of discussion, if you were drawing Selina, what measurements would you use? What is believable?

PenWing Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
So, is this conversation finished?

RDCW Profile

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
No, I've just been too busy to post again on any of my usual boards. I'll get back to it eventually.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Quote:

Essentially, it all comes down to the reader. Every girl I go to school with who's seen me reading my comics has seen fit to point out to me that every comic book superheroine, no matter who she is, has at least one power in common - anti-gravity boobs. To them, all comic heroines are too stacked, as they're real girls living in real situations.

For me, Selina's breasts are just a distraction. Granted, the only title I own with a Balent-style Catwoman drawing is Marvel vs. DC, but still, even as a child, it made more sense to me that Elektra would be more agile than Catwoman simply because she looked more aerodynamic. While comics aren't supposed to be believable by any means, that was something I could never really get over. I just couldn't see a woman doing aerodynamically breath-taking stunts with pornstar-sized hooters...

Chewy, and I hope you won't take this as an insult. Are you gay?

Peacock Teaser
3000+ posts
Peacock Teaser
3000+ posts
Just to corecct some post here -- I do know of girls that have had a reduction to decrease the size of their natural breats. It's one reason I like Kendra as Hawkgirl -- she's one of the few superheros I know who won't suffer from upper back pain in their 40s. That's why the women I know got reductions -- one was in her early 20s and her shoulders were strained.

"You're either lying or stupid."
"I'm stupid! I'm stupid!"
Megatron and Starscream
PenWing Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Quote:

Just to corecct some post here -- I do know of girls that have had a reduction to decrease the size of their natural breats. It's one reason I like Kendra as Hawkgirl -- she's one of the few superheros I know who won't suffer from upper back pain in their 40s. That's why the women I know got reductions -- one was in her early 20s and her shoulders were strained.

If you don't mind my asking, how much of a reduction are you talking about?

RDCW Profile

[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
I saw a website once (wish I still had the link) which showed how Britney Spears'... uh... "spears" actually changed sizes several times in her career. They were fairly small when she began her "singing" career (she's a singer?), then were quite large during one MTV-something-or-another dance number, and then were fairly small again when she made that movie. Those boobies are like some kind of parasitic shape-changing aliens, I think... but I'm not complaining. I like boobies of all sizes.

Uh... what were we talking about, again?

Peacock Teaser
3000+ posts
Peacock Teaser
3000+ posts
http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Britney.html

There's the website. Only reason I know about it is because I know the link to the Micheal Jackson page. LOL!

Quote:

Quote:

If you don't mind my asking, how much of a reduction are you talking about?

Um...down to a B or C...but I cannot confirm the original size. However I know over five pounds was removed. Does that help?

"You're either lying or stupid."
"I'm stupid! I'm stupid!"
Megatron and Starscream
PenWing Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Quote:

Um...down to a B or C...but I cannot confirm the original size. However I know over five pounds was removed. Does that help?

A little. Thank you.

RDCW Profile

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Quote:

http://www.anomalies-unlimited.com/Britney.html

There's the website. Only reason I know about it is because I know the link to the Micheal Jackson page. LOL!

sure cowgirl surrrre......

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

Chewy, and I hope you won't take this as an insult. Are you gay?

No, I'm not. My girlfriend really wouldn't appreciate that too much, I don't think...

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
then again,maybe she would!

10000+ posts
10000+ posts

200+ posts
200+ posts
You know, kiddies, I graduated to actual porn magazines for that sort of thing.

However, for the exercise of this discussion, let's raise a couple of more points. or, specifically, nipples. Does Selina have the pointy kind, or the flapjack kind? Different artists draw her differently. Balent definitely went with pointy. What do you little pervs think?

"Power corrupts. Absolute power is kind of neat."
PenWing Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts

RDCW Profile

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
PenWing go to the corner.

PenWing Offline OP
5000+ posts
OP Offline
5000+ posts
Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:
PenWing go to the corner.

What next? You gonna ask me to pull my pants down? I'm just not that kind of guy BSAMS.

RDCW Profile

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
That's not what theyre saying at the truck stop!

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Have you been hanging at the truck stop again?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard