Quote:

Joe Mama said:
Such as?

Well I didn't want to ruin it, as I thought this was a spoiler free thread, but offhand....

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

The scene where the girl steals the van in an attempt to rescue the dog, a classic "woman fucks up everything" horror movie cliche.

The whole thing with Mekhi Phifer's pregnant wife...where did that come from? I thought they could have developed it a bit more, built it up. As it was, Phifer was essentially off somewhere else for half the movie then showed up again and had gone crazy. Probably a poor editing job in this regard. Too bad, too, because it was an interesting angle that I can't remember any other zombie movie touching on.

Also, the portable camera shots that played during the credits...utterly pointless, I thought. They couldn't have just shown it as part of the movie itself? Would have fit in just fine with the dark comedy theme.

Stylistically, I thought the movie was well made. The Johnny Cash song at the beginning was a nice touch. I just didn't think it was very thought out, and storywise, the execution was poor.

Really, when it comes down to it, the idea that a dozen people in a mall can fight off hundreds of zombies with a few guns and a bus for days, but an army of trained soldiers in a military base, armed with who knows how many weapons and vehicles, was completely overrun in a matter of hours, is pretty silly.

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.