Quote:

Joe Mama said:
I disagree here. It was clear that she was pregnant from the beginning. Phifer's attachment to his wife and child was explained (albeit briefly) in the men's room scene with Rhames just after the attack that started the problem. The initial injury was shown and, if you saw the trailer or know anything about horror movies (which I'm sure are two categories you fit into, Animalman), you saw what was coming. To show any more than the quick scenes between the two is to bludgeon a dead horse. Show enough to instill the dread at what's to come with completely tipping your hand. And, overall, it worked.

Oh, I knew what was going to happen with the baby. I knew she was pregnant and bitten, and I knew that Mekhi Phifer wanted to bring the baby into the world(as touched on, as you said, very briefly, in the bathroom scene with Ving Rhames), that wasn't what bothered me. It was that all of a sudden when you finally see the pregnant woman again, she's tied to a bed, and he's basically lost his mind(shooting the woman, calling the zombie baby and woman "his family", etc). That angle of it was surprising to me, seemed completely out of the blue, and ended just as quickly as it began. Dissapointing, to me at least. I thought it had promise.

Quote:

I don't think this was a dark comedy...rather, it was a horror movie with some dark humor in it.

I think with a few obvious exceptions, most horror movies are just overly gory dark comedies. They often involve such ridiculous circumstances they have to be taken with a grain of salt. That's why I tend to enjoy the movies that don't try to pass themselves off as serious more, like Evil Dead 2 and 3(though, interestingly, the first was more straight horror).

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.