Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
100+ posts
100+ posts
Quote:

Pig Iron said:
Nice pairings Reg.

Thanks.

I tried to pick pairings that hadn't been picked yet. Also, I stuck with one title per author and artist per company (otherwise, I would've had a couple Moore books, a couple Morrison books, etc..).

A Smith/Allred Shazam would be divine.

A Mignola/Sprouse Challengers would be spectacular.

Based on Chase, I think a D. Curtis Johnson SSoSV would absolutely rock. That Harris guy ain't too shabby, either

I don't think my GL, JLA/JSA picks need any explanation.

Simonson+Rude+New Gods = Kirby Heaven

With a Shanower/Land Wonder Woman you'd have a great writer who knew his mythology stuff and eye candy as well.

For the Superman titles I wanted artists who could draw awesome traditional superheroes paired with writers who could do (non-ironic) traditional superhero stories (Kirkman is the obvious newbie, but Invincible shows he's got the chops). I actually had Breyfogle on one of the Superman titles (based on his Superman One Million stuff) but then I decided he'd fit better on the Dini Batman, since he's more identified with Batman than Superman.

Since a Bendis 'Tec would most likely be talky, I wanted an artist who could do action as well as talking heads well, so I picked Lark.

Actually, thinking about past & present Batman artists got me to thinking that a Eddie Campell-written, Kelly Jones-drawn Swamp Thing would kick ass...

Anyway...

I chose Bedard for Suicide Squad because based on Negation he has a knack for building up characters and then killing them off. A Suicide Squad title needs that "nobody's safe" vibe.

The reason I had Warlord, Jonah Hex, Sgt. Rock, Swamp Thing, and Ambush Bug picks were to diversify things a bit. There's a sword & sorcery, western, war story, horror and humor title -- a little something for everyone. Plus, a Moore/Weston Captain Comet title would most likely be a hard sci-fi title with a Starlin/Fisher L.E.G.I.O.N. title providing some space opera.

The Adams Angel & the Ape title is a no-brainer really, I mean, the two main characters are a hot chick and an ape. What more could you ask for in an Adams comic?

On to Marvel...

Spiderman needs to have the right balance of humor and action, and I think Simone and JRjr would be perfect.

A Meltzer/Ha Iron Man would be both well-written as well as visually stunning.

Again, a Simonson Thor and David Hulk are no-brainers, backed up with Eaglesham and Fisher's outstanding artwork.

The hardest pick for me was X-Men. Whoever it is, it would have to be someone who could write a team well. I chose Wolfman because of the whole X-Men/Teen Titans rivalry back in the day, and I'd like to see what a Wolfman X-Men title would be like.

Smith's schtick seems to be testosterone-driven "manly man" stories and I think a Flint Henry Wolverine would be amazing.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
I'm remembering a few people I forgot..Meltzer, Jimenez , and Guy Davis come to mind.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
I like the idea of slow creators being given 8-12 page stories monthly. that way they produce, but less monthly output. I like the idea of bringing back-up stories or anthologies back-but make them quality and people will buy them.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
Hmm, thought of another one:

Wonder Woman: Neil Gaimen/Al Rio

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
another

Page 2 of 2 1 2