Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I have gas.
2000+ posts
I have gas.
2000+ posts
I'd say the number of Bush's allies in the international community outweigh any enemies though.

"You kind of get tired giving the other team credit. At some point you've got to look in the mirror and say 'I sucked.'"

Alex Rodriguez, after the NY Yankees were eliminated from the 2006 ALDS by the Detroit Tigers.
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
This latest incident is sort of a "hat trick" for Kerry: flip-flopping, hypocrisy, and more that shows he's "out of touch"...

Republicans piled on John Kerry after the revelation that his wife drives a pricey German Audi import while he's preaching the importance of buying American cars to save U.S. jobs.

"I don't care what car someone drives, but Kerry is a total hypocrite," said Rep. Peter King (R-L.I.), who drives a Mercury.

"If he wants to lead, he should lead by example, and his family should lead by example, and he shouldn't be hiding behind his wife."

Kerrys' many cars include a green Audi Quattro 2001 that records show was made in a high-tech German factory.

"It's part of a distinct pattern of John Kerry running from the truth; John Kerry's rhetoric rarely matches his behavior," said Bush campaign spokesman Scott Stanzel.

When asked last week on Earth Day if he owned a gas-guzzling SUV, Kerry at first insisted "I don't own an SUV," and then reluctantly 'fessed up and said, "The family has it. I don't have it."

I have gas.
2000+ posts
I have gas.
2000+ posts
The family has it but he doesn't? WTF? Is he serious about that answer? Geez, why doesn't he just say he didn't inhale or that he didn't have sexual relations with the car?

"You kind of get tired giving the other team credit. At some point you've got to look in the mirror and say 'I sucked.'"

Alex Rodriguez, after the NY Yankees were eliminated from the 2006 ALDS by the Detroit Tigers.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
According to the New York Times, Kerry had a disappointing weekend:

His Boeing 757 campaign plane was grounded in Washington on Friday night when the weather prevented landing at Nantucket's airstrip, which has seen only one jet of such size before.

Arriving late Saturday morning, his planned bicycle ride around the island was aborted after he discovered a bubble on his back tire. And on Sunday morning, he sped out to a remote beach in his stepson's powerboat in hopes of kite-surfing, a new extreme sport, only to return home after half an hour without even zipping up his wetsuit.

"The wind died," Kerry, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, told reporters as he cruised by on the 32-foot Contender, a gentleman's fishing vessel said to cost about $150,000."

Poor guy.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
It's amazing that Kerry with all his wealth & privilege isn't more like the President Bush or VP "Haliburton" Cheney with their Enron connections. Thank goodness!

Restoring Jobs and Rebuilding Our Economy
George W Bush has chosen tax cuts for the wealthy and special favors for the special interests over our economic future. John Kerry’s priority will be middle class families who are working hard to cover the mortgage, pay the high cost of health care, child care and tuition, or just trying to get ahead.
The first thing John Kerry will do is fight his heart out to bring back the three million jobs that have been lost under George W. Bush. He will fight to restore the jobs lost under Bush in the first 500 days of his administration. Kerry has proposed creating jobs through a new manufacturing jobs credit, by investing in new energy industries, restoring technology, and stopping layoffs in education.
John Kerry has a plan to secure America’s economic future and ensure that workers can achieve the American dream in our changing economy. John Kerry has the courage to roll back Bush’s tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans so we can invest in education and healthcare. He isn’t afraid to crack down on corporations that are hiding their money in Bermuda to avoid paying their fair share and will end special tax giveaways to companies that ship jobs abroad. And he will defend the rights of workers, consumers and shareholders in holding corporations accountable for their actions.

http://www.johnkerry.com/issues/economy/index.html

Fair play!
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
Quote:

the G-man said:
Well, in the case of Kerry, to play devil's advocate, do you really want a guy so quick tempered that he curses out his own bodyguard having his finger on the proverbial button?

Cheney Utters 'F-Word' in Senate -- Aides

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
A lot of these are isolated incidents. You don't want Animalman on your case.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

whomod said:
Cheney Utters 'F-Word' in Senate -- Aides

Cursing at a political opponent during an argument about politics is not the same as cursing at your own bodyguard over an accident.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard