I'm just amazed that comics are still being published.

The rate of attrition for this hobby is frightening.

Especially given the fact that the major publishers really don't give you much incentive for continued purchases. Apart from the obvious ones of hoping things will get better and obsessive compulsive addictions to the hobby (which is probably where I stand). The quality however is virtually nonexsistant. Plots and ideas are constantly recycled, characters simply go thru the motions of whatever story they happen to be in, never really filling you with any sense of danger, surprise, or even wonder for that matter.

In the place of the Comics Code logo getting smaller and smaller, the major publishers should have made their ©, TM, and ® logos bigger and bigger to compensate, seeing as how their characters have about as much life, character, and sense of reality as say, Cheez Whiz ®.

I'd almost think that it was me whose outgrown comic books if only the odd creator would stop occasionally releasing good product (like "dc:the new frontier"). And yeah, the comics companies are definately milking their few remaining fans with padded stories.

That is why i'm amazed they still have readers. I'd have figured, just going by all the EX readers I know, that they've already bored and aggravated enough people to make comics publishing unprofitable.

Last edited by whomod; 2004-03-31 6:41 AM.