Quote:

Darknight613 said:
Quote:

Darknight613 said:
Just for the sake of discussion, how do you guys define "hating America?" How broad is our definition of "hate?" Wishing harm on American citizens and residents, and the government is obvious. Blaming America first when it's definitely not our fault...yeah. But besides that, how else do we classify "hating America?" Can we say hating conservatives or liberals, or hating Democrats or Republicans is hating America, since our hatred is directed towards our fellow American citizens? The two sides obviosuly disagree on a lot of issues, but disagreeing with ideals and politics isn't the same as hatred. At least, not in my opinion.

So...is anyone gonna take a crack at answering this? I've seen a lot of "these guys hate America because" or "these guys don't hate America because" comments, but I haven't seen anything that tries to concretely define what it means to hate America (and I'm expecting varying opinions on this).

Hate for me is something reserved for evil. It's not a word that should be thrown out casually. I'm assuming the "all liberals hate America" crowd has a fairly loose definition of hate. (& the word liberal for that matter)

Fair play!