Quote:

the G-man said:
I don't know too many conservatives who are insulted at being called "conservative." Therefore, it's intersting that liberals would be insulted at being called "liberals."

i never said he, or any other liberal, was insulted by it. i said bush used liberal as a slur. during the debates.
and hannity/coulter use it as a slur too. i've read coulter, o'reilly, franken, and all those huffington post blogs. the conservatives are more likely to attack someone for a belief or affiliation, whereas the liberals attack a specific person for specific acts.

Quote:

Are liberals self loathing? Or are do they believe that their views are out of the mainstream and that they can only get to power if they hide them?

no. some democratic senators are big pussies, but they stand by a lot of their views. all politicians try to get as many votes as possible. bush pandered to his base with the stem cell veto and will probably do some big moderate act to win some love for the republicans. the moving back and forth is politics, both sides do it.
however i don't think anyone would express political beliefs if they loathed them.

Bow ties are coool.